Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finally HYDRO!!!

erykah1310
July 21st, 2006, 09:56 PM
Man o man, 4 days no power!!!! Talk about BORING!! lol
I am sure i have missed alot on here, and apparently alot of emails too, gonna take 2 days to get back on track here, what a nuts storm that was!!!!
I camped in my house for 4 days, let me tell you its not as fun as camping camping, How on earth did some of you do it during the ice storm a few years back????
Crazy, but thankfully it is summer and makes things more bearable!

LibbyP
July 21st, 2006, 10:26 PM
Glad to have you back safe and sound, we just thought you were laying low for acouple days taking some time to sit back and relax;) Ya the storm came in VERY quickly and was done just as quick, no damage here and everyone has power

glasslass
July 21st, 2006, 10:38 PM
We're going through a heat wave here. I don't even want to think about losing power. Without air conditioning . . . . . :( It must be cooler there. Glad you're back!

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 11:58 PM
Don't you work for hydro? I mean, how come you didn't get preferrential treatment?:clown:

The ice storm was not fun. I'd rather have it in the summer than the winter- the days are longer, they're not frigid, you can use the bbq easily...

dtbmnec
July 22nd, 2006, 01:25 AM
Yeah the ice storm was NOT cool....especially when your neighbour tells the military that there's no one home next door because they believe you can handle anything....

8 days and no power and only my parents have sweaters to prove they lived through it....

Megan

erykah1310
July 23rd, 2006, 10:04 PM
I do work for hydro, thats for sure, but NOPE no special treatment :rolleyes: OH well, thankfully it was summer.
I hope it doesnt happen again anytime soon. It is MUCH cooler here now, we can actually sleep at nite now! ITs GREAT

erykah1310
July 23rd, 2006, 10:40 PM
Here are a few pics of what things looked like around here in a matter of 15 minutes. And Really we didnt get it that bad compared to some places.

First here is a pic of Meiks house, I had just braught him in the house and as i turned around to close the door this is what happened.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/000_1025.jpg

And now, this is the road to town shortly after the storm, needless to say it took a few hours till i could go anywhere
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/000_1031.jpg

And believe it or not this also was once upon a time the road too, just on the east side of my house about a 2 minute drive

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/000_1029.jpg

It was freaky!!! For lack of better words

Prin
July 24th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Pretty crazy. I'm glad the doggy made it inside in time.:)

glasslass
July 24th, 2006, 01:03 AM
I think I'll take my chances with earthquakes!:D

dragon_queen
July 24th, 2006, 09:25 AM
How on earth did some of you do it during the ice storm a few years back????
Crazy, but thankfully it is summer and makes things more bearable!

We made it through 4 days with alot of candles and oil lamps ( my dad collects them) It was really fun "camping" with my folks, my brother and sister in law, one dog, one cat, 2 baby water dragons and two large iguanas.
I think i wore my entire wardrobe to keep warm.

Prin
July 24th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Really? 4 days! Is that from the crazy thunder the other day? My bro is up at my dad's cottage and only lost power for 2.

erykah1310
July 24th, 2006, 05:56 PM
We werent priority out here, so they focused on the towns and so on. 5 minutes down the road they had Hydro that same night!!!!!!
Thanks employers!!!! lol
Oh well its over and done with now and we all survived just fine.
Still kinda freaked out when ever they start calling for " severe thunder storms" though! :o

angie79
July 25th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Glad that all is well now! really dont know what I'd do without power for 4 days :rolleyes: prob go move in with my parents for thier central air!