Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Man: BIG Talker, Even BIGGER Heart

Writing4Fun
July 21st, 2006, 08:12 PM
Just had to share this little story. ;)

So, my hubby is a real tough talker. He made a lot of noise when I brought home our first dog and then proceded to fall totally in love with her. After she died, he made a lot of noise about never getting another dog - too much mess, ties you down, hurts too much when they die, etc... Well, now that we have Phoebe, she has him completely wrapped around her little paw. :love:

Well, he went to the local dump today to get rid of a large load of trash. When he got there, the woman in the control booth was holding a tiny kitten. She said it was about 3 weeks old. :( They had just found it in the recycle bin. Someone had put it in a box and dumped it there. :mad: The only reason they found it was because some people hadn't collapsed their boxes, so the dump manager was going through, collapsing them all. Good thing he actually picked up the boxes to take them apart instead of just stepping on them to crush them. :eek: The woman said the dump manager was going to take the kitten home. Otherwise, hubby was completely ready to bring it home for me to take care of. "It looked just like Brooklyn!" he said (Brooklyn is our dearly departed cat). :D So much for his tough guy image. :p

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 08:20 PM
Aww that's so sweet!!! My thyroid doc is the same. He's all gruff and tuff and he's got a little doll thing of a kitty curled up into a ball on his office window sill. I told him he can try his best to look tough, but that kitty tells me everything.:D

PetFriendly
July 21st, 2006, 08:49 PM
My boyfriend is a bulding inspector... Job sites are good places for people to dump kittens apparently... he's know as the 'cat man' now and can usually coax just about any cat out from the rafters or floor joists, get it into a box of sorts and send it home with someone who's been eyeing it. If there aren't any takers, he'll bring it home, clean it up, and find it a new home...

catsnatcher-CDN
July 21st, 2006, 10:23 PM
Ya...My tyrant husband picks up the cats and puts them on his shoulder like a pirate would a parrot. Before going to bed he picks them up from wherever they are and puts them at the foot of the bed. Not the feral one, just the garbage kitties. (They were also dumped in the city bin at 2 weeks old.)

rainbow
July 22nd, 2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah, my hubby's the same. Rough, tough exterior and a marshmallow on the inside. :D

chico2
July 22nd, 2006, 05:32 PM
Husbands and cats:D
My hubby talks a stream to our cats every day and they respond,not bad for someone who used to hate cats at one time,but then he married me:D
He also carries them in to bed at night,if they are not already there..
He is even excited about "my"now 6 crows and keeps leftovers for them,
fills the birdfeeders every day,puts clean water in the birdbaths.
He's turned in to an almost as big a suck as me and that's great!!!
He even told a neighbor who proudly annonced he had his cat declawed,what an inhumane cruel thing it was..
I think I'll keep him for another 40yrs:D ooops that would make me 102yrs old:D

glasslass
July 22nd, 2006, 06:38 PM
Just can't resist! Old photo - (the beard is white now) just seems to go with this thread.

glasslass
July 22nd, 2006, 06:40 PM
And another!

Skryker
July 22nd, 2006, 07:02 PM
My inlaws are convinced that my husband hates animals-they were shocked to discover that a cat moved in with me, and just about fell over when they found out about the puppies. :D Yup, this guy hates animals so much that the cat sleeps in his armpit all day (he works nights), just like glasslass's pic. And of course, he never, ever spoils the dogs or baby talks to them or makes sure first thing he does when he comes in is pet the dogs....:rolleyes: .

He's so tough, he was the one that brought the wee squirrel in the house when we found it outside, injured (poor little baby didn't make it-RIP), rescued the bat from the neighbour's cats, just rescued a mouse from the same cats-big tough guy, huh, that hates animals. :)

glasslass
July 22nd, 2006, 08:12 PM
To tell the truth, I wouldn't be happy with a man who didn't love animals. Maybe marriage just allows them to show that soft interior. Appropriate thread - we're celebrating our 39th today!:love:

Skryker
July 23rd, 2006, 01:16 AM
COngrats, glasslass! That's wonderful! My parents are coming up on 44 years in August, and I've been with my man for 9.5 years now. Hooray for inspiring marriage stories!

chico2
July 23rd, 2006, 07:15 AM
Glasslass,hubby and I would not have lasted 41 yrs,did he not share my love for animals.:love:
I still remember the day in a South Carolina park,when he tried to rescue a poor crying frog from a snakes mouth,but to no avail,he tried desperatly,but the snake slithered away:sad:
Happy Anniversary:thumbs up