Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm A Believer!

RVT092481
July 21st, 2006, 03:27 PM
Well...I went out and bought a pair of crocs. I LOVE THEM! :thumbs up I ordered the relief version from their website. I really tested them yesterday when I worked my 13 hour shift and my feet didn't even hurt!
My only question is how long do they normally last? I didn't think that they were that thin. I'm worried that I'll poke my toe through or the bottom will wear though really quick.
How long have your's lasted in general?
Thanks for everyone for getting me on these! :grouphug: I have the pearl ones for work but I'm thinking of buying a funner (yes it is a word to me) colour for every day use!
Thanks again! :D

Puppyluv
July 21st, 2006, 03:53 PM
I think I have to buy another pair soon. I wear my pink ones the most and I got them on May 5th, the spot where the ball of my foot goes is almost worn down to nothing. I am really heavy footed though, and I wear them whenever I'm not wearing my heels or my black crocs or my orange crocs (the oldest, and best condition pair I own). The rest of the shoe is in great condition, but there is this obvious indentation on the sole where the hole is going to appear some day.

jiorji
July 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM
are you talking about those weird clog shoes made of foam that are soooooooooo in right now?? :rolleyes:

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 05:19 PM
lol jiorji, didn't you see the thread about them a week or so ago that was like 4 pages long?

jesse's mommy
July 21st, 2006, 05:20 PM
I'm a believer too. I had one pair delivered at the end of last week and my second pair just arrived yesterday. I now have the Aspen in black and chocolate. Super comfy and I'm able to get away with them at work. Woo Hoo! They seriously feel like slippers and I love it!

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 05:25 PM
Aww... I wish I was rich and could buy new shoes. :sad: (Dang you, peer pressure!)

I'll just switch to ol' roy.

jesse's mommy
July 21st, 2006, 05:32 PM
I'll just switch to ol' roy.

NNNNNOOOOOoooooooooo!

(I don't have the money either, I just used the good old credit card. I figure I'll worry about it next month. My feet were really hurting.)

glasslass
July 21st, 2006, 05:32 PM
Awww Prin! Skip the ol' roy! If you buy the crocs, the dogs will think they're a dog toy and decimate them!

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 05:35 PM
lol I had a good chuckle at my own ol' roy comment (hey, if you can't laugh at your own jokes, who will?!"

One day, I'll get them.. I just have to get a job first.

jiorji
July 22nd, 2006, 01:14 AM
there's a 4 page thread on these shoes??! but.............but......they're made out of weird foam like material!
and they're flourescent pink!:yuck:

the orange ones are not so bad looking though, but I can't buy them as my cat enjoys chewing shoes. She stuck her teeth in my new pair of flip flops...and the pair I got after that. So no more rubberry shoes :sad:

Prin
July 22nd, 2006, 01:17 AM
lol there are a bunch of different styles and colors.;) They even make some for diabetics.:thumbs up

jiorji
July 22nd, 2006, 03:35 AM
I went to the crocs site....I think I want a pair too, in spite of the fact that they might get chewed on, but it's difficult for me to find shoes for walking that won't give me blisters.

so i might try.....but no pink :yuck: hehe

Prin
July 22nd, 2006, 03:52 AM
lol that's it, caaaave into the peeeer pressure... (in a monotone voice.. you know, to brainwash you good :D)

Puppyluv
July 22nd, 2006, 03:59 AM
prin, you know you wanna pair tooo... they're soooooo comfy.......I have men stop me in the street asking me where I get them all the time. Which would be great if I didn't live in the village, where well, the men are more interested in my clothes than myself :p

Stacer
July 22nd, 2006, 08:51 AM
I was in a sports store last night and they had crocs there, so I decided (after reading all the raves here) to try a pair on. I will agree that they were comfy, but my feet must be an odd size, cause I tried on the 6-7 (my normal shoe size is 7) and they were slightly too big, the strap at the back wouldn't stay on my heel and they were a bit floppy on my feet, so I tried on the 5 and they were too dang small, my toes were getting scrunched in the front. I would get a pair if they would fit properly, but my man says he will NOT walk out in public with me if I buy them. Ah well.

jiorji
July 22nd, 2006, 10:25 AM
lol that's it, caaaave into the peeeer pressure... (in a monotone voice.. you know, to brainwash you good :D)

oh yeah that's what the credit card people are saying too ;)
it's just that they're so bright and colorful! I can't resist!

RVT092481
July 22nd, 2006, 12:42 PM
I bought the pearl ones for work so that they'd match all my scrubs. I'm going out to buy another pair for everyday use today as well!
But I was wondering how often people have to buy new pairs and do they break easily??

PEDPA
July 22nd, 2006, 10:43 PM
we held a lighter to my husbands and they didn't melt ... they are pretty durable! Love them! He wears them in the kitchen ( executive chef) and he hasn't complained once anout his feet hurting in a month! NICE!

Skryker
July 23rd, 2006, 01:13 AM
Hee hee, I'm a convert, too! I had to wait for the store around the corner to get a pair in my size in a colour other than orange. I got some boring beige ones and have a pair of light blue still on backorder. I LOVE them!!

Last weekend, I was in the car for 12 hours. Normally my feet would be hot and swollen-with the crocs, my feet were the same at the end of the trip as the beginning. Woo hoo!! I had nice cool breezes over my feet the whole trip. :D

My husband laughs at them, but I'm sold on 'em. I'll be buying more for sure!

Puppyluv
July 23rd, 2006, 01:49 AM
they're great for flying in too!!! 9 hour flight, and comfy!!!

jesse's mommy
July 24th, 2006, 06:30 AM
I was in a sports store last night and they had crocs there, so I decided (after reading all the raves here) to try a pair on. I will agree that they were comfy, but my feet must be an odd size, cause I tried on the 6-7 (my normal shoe size is 7) and they were slightly too big, the strap at the back wouldn't stay on my heel and they were a bit floppy on my feet, so I tried on the 5 and they were too dang small, my toes were getting scrunched in the front. I would get a pair if they would fit properly, but my man says he will NOT walk out in public with me if I buy them. Ah well.

Just a thought, couldn't you flip the strap to the front and make them slip on shoes? I did that yesterday and it worked just fine.

glasslass
July 24th, 2006, 02:36 PM
I had to try! Went to a nearby department store that carries them. They had 6 pairs of "beach" style. OMG - they are ugly! The colors are almost neon. I wear a 7. They had one pair of small. My big toe hits the end, so I need the medium, which they were out of. Have to say they did feel comfortable. I'm not convinced I would wear them to work, but maybe at home or in the yard? So I've decided to order on-line. At least I know what size I'll need. I think I could tolerate the dark blue, or maybe the red.

RVT092481
July 24th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Be warned that the website is in US dollars. I thought that it was Canadian since it was $39.99 and in stores here they are $34.99. I got my MC bill and it was over $50! :eek:
But they are well worth it though!

glasslass
July 24th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I'm committed! I've ordered the Cayan in "ice" (swirled light blue) with crayons and happy faces decorations! :evil: :evil: I think I've slipped over the edge. Now I just have to wait . . . :sad: