Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Show the Goodies!

glasslass
July 21st, 2006, 12:08 PM
:D We all spoil our fur-kids! Let's see their treasures!

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 01:54 PM
OMG! lol that's funny.

I only have this one, from when I was doggy sitting a toy-possessive greyhound mix... She stopped being toy possessive after staying with us.

My doggies have fewer toys now because they just don't play with them much anymore.

LibbyP
July 21st, 2006, 02:01 PM
Ya Prin you can totally see it on her face, 'touch my toys and die' look going on, I'm sure your kids didn't put up with that hairy eyeball staredown(ws) for very long:D

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 02:14 PM
lol they don't care. They're all "Fine have your toys. I'm going to look out the window anyway."

technodoll
July 21st, 2006, 02:17 PM
i don't bother much anymore with NEW toys, unless they are really inexpensive, because this is what happens to them, LOL! and they don't play with toys much anymore... just the squeaky ones and the tennis balls a few minutes here and there. too hot lately to play! :o

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/toydestruction.jpg

jiorji
July 21st, 2006, 04:17 PM
well........we used to have toys...a bunch of sponge soccer balls and feathers with balls attached to elastic...but ummm.I don't know where they are....:confused: they're all MIA

and the Kitty Dancer toy(which is Peanut's favorite) has been ruined. She ate all the paper pieces on it.

And I recently bought them a crinkle bag and well....they seem unimpressed. Plastic grocery bags are so much better lol

glasslass
July 21st, 2006, 04:52 PM
Oh Technodoll! THAT had to have been a real frenzy! :crazy: LOL!

technodoll
July 21st, 2006, 09:40 PM
oh man... dakotah had all these stuffies since he was a puppy, most of them intact, he played with them nicely. along comes Miss Destructo, bam and a few weeks later, dozens of toys are dispatched to the garbage :cool: If she ever asks why mommy doesn,t bring home any nice big stuffies that squeak anymore, i'll show her this photo as a reminder! LOL :evil:

AliSam
July 21st, 2006, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't be able to show you all the toys. I wouldn't be able to collect them all. There are fuzzy balls, ropes, bones & a black kong all over the place.

chocolatecoffee
July 21st, 2006, 10:52 PM
Great pictures!!! We don't spoil our dogs at all, do we? :p

Can you spot the real ones? :D (Hint: there's three!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/tangowithmango/Toys/100_4359.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/tangowithmango/Toys/100_4329.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/tangowithmango/Toys/100_4338.jpg
(The ones in front are my personal favourite...)

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 10:54 PM
dakotah had all these stuffies since he was a puppy, most of them intact, he played with them nicely. along comes Miss Destructo, bam and a few weeks later, dozens of toys are dispatched to the garbage Maybe Maika just doesn't like things "intact"..;) ;)

Wow Chocolatecoffee, I vote for you for the most toys.:)

technodoll
July 21st, 2006, 11:05 PM
awe chocolatecoffee, too precious! what an "ET" moment, LOL! :p

hmm maika never tried to "unstuff" her bro's jewels :D aie aie aie, i don't think that would be a pretty sight :eek:

glasslass
July 21st, 2006, 11:09 PM
Wow! SIX baskets:eek: of toys! I concede! The 3 fur-kids win!

glasslass
July 21st, 2006, 11:10 PM
Gotta buy more toys! Oh the peer pressure! I feel like a bad mommy!:D

technodoll
July 21st, 2006, 11:12 PM
any good online sources to get them? stuffies i mean :o

glasslass
July 21st, 2006, 11:18 PM
Don't they look like kids in a toystore?

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 11:21 PM
technodoll, you just have to take a road trip to Ontario, where (some of) the pet stores are huge and have no animals in them...

technodoll
July 21st, 2006, 11:23 PM
:eek: where, where???? i wanna! go!

i'm such a sucker for petstores (minus the pathetic, poor crying prisoner pets). i can literally spend hours in a good one.... me, who hates shopping :rolleyes: !!

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 11:26 PM
I went to a petsmart in Ottawa- HUGE!! There are toys in there I'd never seen (like the alligator I posted in the stuffy thread). Nothing like what we have here. I mean, stores here have kong things, ropes and little dog toys and that's it. There, there was like 3 aisles of toys.:eek:

chocolatecoffee
July 21st, 2006, 11:31 PM
Wow! SIX baskets of toys! I concede! The 3 fur-kids win!
But your basket is much bigger than mine (I'd say 2.5 - 3 times the size), plus there's three dogs and sometimes a foster. So really, there's only two small baskets per permanent dog, so you clearly win :D. Besides, Cannelle's the only one that kind of chews and it's barely anything so they just accumulate over the years (how can you resist getting "just one"?).

I went to a petsmart in Ottawa- HUGE!! There are toys in there I'd never seen (like the alligator I posted in the stuffy thread). Nothing like what we have here. I mean, stores here have kong things, ropes and little dog toys and that's it. There, there was like 3 aisles of toys.
And I thought that the Petsmarts here were huge...I wanna go!!! I hate shopping except for when it comes to pet supply stores, I mean shopping for your dogs is just too fun :D.

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 11:41 PM
We don't have petsmarts or anything even close here... :sad: One day...

chocolatecoffee
July 21st, 2006, 11:45 PM
We don't have petsmarts or anything even close here... :sad: One day...
No Petsmarts??? :eek: That's horrible, how to Jemma and Boo survive without weekly Petsmart trips (well, it certainly looks like they have plenty of toys, so I guess that's how :D). Do you basically just have little locally owned pet supply stores?

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 11:51 PM
Pretty much. The rest (i.e. the big ones) are full of puppymill dogs :sad: , so we can't go in. (The dogs are the main product usually...)

Rottielover
July 21st, 2006, 11:56 PM
Unfortunetly we will never have a petsmart in quebec. They refuse to make all their signs french, they say it is not worth the hassle. I spoke to someone a couple years ago asking about it.
Harley has maybe 5 toys in total, all since he was a pup. He never chews them

Prin
July 22nd, 2006, 12:27 AM
Unfortunetly we will never have a petsmart in quebec. They refuse to make all their signs french, they say it is not worth the hassle.That's what MEC said a few years ago too. And now they're here.:thumbs up
And Toyota told me about 6 years ago that they would never bring the Yaris here...
If there's money to be made...;)

chocolatecoffee
July 22nd, 2006, 12:30 AM
It's too bad that people will support stores that sell puppies and that there aren't really any alternatives. I'm sure Petsmart would get quite a bit of business there :(.

meb999
July 22nd, 2006, 09:37 AM
Unfortunetly we will never have a petsmart in quebec. They refuse to make all their signs french,
Well, no wonder! How would that sound? Petsmart = AnimalIntelligence ??

dtbmnec
July 22nd, 2006, 10:29 AM
I bought them three of the fishing pole toys....all of which died within 1/2 hour of them being played with....

I have like 6 catnip mice running around somewhere (somewhere being the key word) and a few others too. Most of them have gone MIA....

*sigh*

Megan

jiorji
July 22nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
bit off topic, but not all major stores have their names changed to French. Advertising expenses have to be pretty bad though as they have to do commercials in both English and french hehe

back on track ... :cool:
petsmart has an online website you can order off of. And eBay has tons of cheap toys for kitties and doggies. And interesting fancy collars.

trippincherri
July 24th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Our dog Shelby will destroy anything small and furry....toys I mean lol. Anything with a squeaker is dead within minutes....she will actually go out of her way to chew the squeaker out first then shred the rest of the toy. Everytime we see her destroying another one we always tell her "Don't you wreck it....or no more toys!" And what do we do? Buy her more stupid toys.

I found buying cheap stuffed animals at garage sales for like $1.00 is way more effective since she loves the surprise and I don't have to watch my $20.00 investment get mauled within minutes.
And just recently we were in a pet store and found a very large plastic ball that is made for horses to play with...its virtually indestructible and you can fill it with water to make it heavier. Plus its an all year round toy...she loves it more in the snow...and its fun watching her roll it around with her nose.
It was wee bit pricey at $45.00....but still intact and one of her faves. Its so hard to say no to those cute faces.

Caileag
July 26th, 2006, 06:40 AM
My girls don't have any stuffed toys...they destroy them within minutes!

We have a bunch of cuzes, bones, rawhides, nylabones, and tennis balls...their favourite game is catch! :)

chico2
July 26th, 2006, 07:22 AM
I LOVE my petfood-supply store,luckily here in Oakville we only have ONE store that sells puppies and kittens and I never set foot in there:evil:
Cats(at least mine), like anything but expensive toys,right now a pair of old leather-sandals of mine are the favorite:D and of course the laser-pointer!
"My"store www.renspets.com has tons of dog-stuffs and I often wonder how you can afford to buy them:confused:
I was going to get a Kong for Bailey,but at $20 I declined and she does not play with any toys,I bought her a squeaky stuffy,but she's not interested,does not know how to play,just eat:D

Prin
July 26th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Just get her a kong and stuff it with food...:D

Rick C
July 26th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I haven't had the heart to take a picture of a writhing gopher having its brains shaken out its butthole by Keeper . . . . . or Abby gnawing on a mouse. Seriously, you don't want to see that. I don't even want to see that . . . . I just pick up the corpses when I find them.

But those would be their favourite toys.

They occasionally like a woobie . . . . or maybe not . . . . Keeper with a Christmas present:

http://www.goldentales.ca/06850129_edited-1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

chico2
July 26th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Prin,I was looking at Kongs,but at $19+hubby just would not cooperate:D
She's after all not our dog and I already buy her Solid Gold dog-food for treats.
I would also worry about leaving her on her own,chewing anything:eek: