Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Break Up...

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 02:17 AM
I saw this tonight... Much sadder and harder to watch than I thought it would be. :sad: I thought the fights were as realistic as hollywood can get and the acting was pretty good.

All in all, a good movie, but not one to go to if you're in a rocky relationship... Might be too hard to watch.

It has its funny moments just to keep you from sinking onto the floor though...

Anybody see it?

dtbmnec
July 21st, 2006, 12:41 PM
I did.

Your description is pretty accurate :)

I also didn't expect the whole ending part though since most movies end with the "happy" ending not the "we have hope for a happy ending" ending.

Megan

jiorji
July 21st, 2006, 12:54 PM
i thought it was supposed to be a comedy :confused:

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah, looked like it from the ad, but it's not really. It's more drama...

The gazette here said that it didn't have a typical hollywood ending, but to me, it wasn't a realistic ending either. I mean, when you have so much baggage and things from a relationship, especially one that lasted a few years, you can't just turn it off, you know? So often we stay or go back, even when we know the relationship will still be less than ideal.

GinaB
July 29th, 2006, 12:23 AM
This movie was better than I expected. I usually prefer the "hope for a happy ending" endings to just a happy ending. I always tell myself the sad, surprising endings are the best but when I'm actually watching the movie, I want everything to work out. This is a nice compromise between the two.