Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rescued Kitten Dragging Hind Legs After Jump

Countess
July 20th, 2006, 09:27 PM
A neighbor discovered a approximately 4 week old kitten in a plastic jug at his work. He took the kitten home, had the vet check him out and he was given a clean bill of health.
He was playing around, jumped on my neighbors lap and then jumped down. He was sitting on the floor, so the jump was only a few inches high. Since then the kitten has been dragging his hind legs around. He cries often, and has become more agressive. He bites if you pick him up. He also seems to be trying to sleep sitting up.
My neighbors do not have the money to have him checked out again, and they are unsure of what to do.
I checked on the internet, but could find nothing that could explain what is wrong with the kitten.
We are all hoping he just moved the wrong way and will be better in the morning.
I was thinking of recommending they take him to the humane society, maybe they could help out.

Sweetgrass
July 20th, 2006, 10:48 PM
That is not normal kitten behaviour and very worrying. Please encourage them to take this kitten to be seen a.s.a.p.

I had a kitten years ago who dislocated her hips from a small fall and was in pain.I took her immediately to the er and had her treated .
There are organizations that help with costs and perhaps setting up a payment plan with their vet may also be possible.

Dragonfly
July 20th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Please encourage your friend to get this kitten to the vet. We are unable to diagnose over the internet.

Posts requesting medical advice instead of a vet visit are not allowed on the forum.

Please let us know how the kitten is doing after it has seen a vet.