Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Death of a stuffie...

SunGurl372
July 20th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I'll have to add post-mortem pics later after I can download them from the digi-cam.

When I first adopted Harley at 4 months old, I bought her a few stuffed toys. She loved them, but seriously destroyed them in minutes. Hence, no more "stuffies" for over a year.

Now that she's about a year and a half, I thought I'd give it another try. I bought her this stuffed goose from PetSmart with a pretty realistic squeeker...deeper and more bird like. That girl went nuts!!! I don't think I've seen her that happy with a toy EVER.

Unfortunately, she has now proceeded to destroy the stuffie less than an hour after introduction, leaving tuffs of filling across the living room.

She's obviously in ecstasy with it, but !@#$, ten dollars is alot to spend for an hour's entertainment!

What the heck should I do? Deprive my baby of the joy of a "stuffie"??? Or suck up the monetary loss by purchasing one every couple of months for the novelty??? It's very apparent I could go broke keeping her in stuffies!

jesse's mommy
July 20th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Jesse is the same exact way. I have three boxes in the garage that are marked Jesse's surgery toys. Eventually I'm going to sew them and give her one here and there.

But until I finally decide to sew, we have a few "cost effective" things that we do with stuffies. We either go to the dollar store or somewhere like that and get her the kiddie stuffed animals and just keep an eye on her. We know she is going to rip it apart, so why bother spending $10 on it? We will also stock up on the "clearance" toys from Petsmart. About a week or two after Christmas they will mark the toys down to $1-$3. I usually clean up on them and give them to her throughout the year. She doesn't care if she gets a Santa Claus in June. :p

Hopefully that helps, but I'm totally with you on the stuffie thing. Jesse is the happiest dog in the world with her stuffies, but they get destroyed so fast!

SunGurl372
July 20th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I think Jesse and Harley are soul - littermates!! :D

Great idea on the clearance rack from PetSmart. I'll have to go there more often to keep up, they had a rack of markdowns when I went in today, but I was determined to buy her the goose. Silly me! I also like the dollar store idea.

BTW....Harley is currently sleeping happily with her slightly depleted stuffie.

jesse's mommy
July 20th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Jesse is on the other end of the couch with her head on the pillow. Eventually she will stretch out and kick me off. :D

glasslass
July 20th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I can so identify! Den-Den loves the stuffies! He'll play well with them for a while and when the novelty wears off, he'll start to try to get at the stuffing. Corkie, on the other hand, will play with them, but when he tires he'll lay and lick them, cradle them in his paws and fall asleep much like a little kid with a teddie bear. I've had to make it supervised play only with Den-Den. As soon as I see him settle down to start attacking it, I put it up.

t.pettet
July 20th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I buy most of my stuffies from charity shops and thrift stores. You can get safe ones without the button eyes, noses for about 25 cents each and at that price replacing them won't break the bank.

Smiley14
July 20th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I used to go through stuffie after stuffie with Petey too! The average life-span of anything stuffed in my house is about 10 minutes. Then it looks like the thing exploded from the inside out with white stuffing and squeaker and shredded carcus bits scattered all over the house... After wasting countless dollars on stuffies, I finally gave up and to Petey's chagrin, stopped buying them. I've tried everything else out there, but he just doesn't seem to get the same joy out of them as he does with those stuffies..

UNTIL, I got the most amazing stuffie toy as a present from my dog walker. I LOVE this thing and so does Petey! Even though it's stuffed, the first one lasted an amazing 8 months compared to the usual 10 minutes before it too finally got destroyed. We're now 6 months into his second one and it still looks brand new. He loves that thing and carries it everywhere. It gets dragged in and out of the house with him through his doggie door, he chews on it for hours, it gets thrown around and stepped on and slept with, and it's still intact! Whoever invented these things is a genius. :)
So not sure if this brand will work as well for anyone else, but I LOVE them! I got mine at Petsmart and I've also seen them at Target here in the US. The brand is called Fat Cat dog toys. They're soft and squishy with stuffing, squeaker and all, but are made from some kind of tough canvas that somehow seems to survive all manner of frenzied Petey attacks. :) I did a quick google search and found them online (Although they were cheaper in the stores. I think mine was about $10 US).

http://www.dogtoys.com/fatcat.html

Our first one was the "Terrible Nasty Scaries--Big Mean Kitty" toy (the purple and black stuffed cat towards the bottom) and our current one is the bright yellow chicken. I got the black and white cow too, but haven't even pulled it out of the bag yet. (Waiting until the chicken dies, lol). I'll have to try to get a picture of him with it and post it. It's just too hilarious looking. I get more laughs out of that toy and more hours of joy for Petey than I ever imagined! Yay! :)

Steph

SunGurl372
July 20th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Smiley14 - I saw these at my PetSmart!!! Passed it over because I thought Harley would like the goose better, which she has....a bit too much!

I'm willing to give it a try...looks like a trip back to the store tomorrow!

R.I.P. poor stuffie goose!

glasslass
July 20th, 2006, 11:04 PM
OMG! :eek: I hope Petsmart here has them. They're cute and funny enough to want to play with them myself!:D If I have to order on-line, it's gonna be impossible to choose. Hopefully, Petsmart will have them and not so many to choose from . . . otherwise, I'll go broke!

Smiley14
July 20th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Smiley14 - I saw these at my PetSmart!!! Passed it over because I thought Harley would like the goose better, which she has....a bit too much!

I'm willing to give it a try...looks like a trip back to the store tomorrow!

R.I.P. poor stuffie goose!

Oh, that is too funny! I did the exact same thing and tried the goose as well. (Was it the realistic looking one with grayish fur and a green band around the neck...like a malllard duck?) Mine only lasted minutes as well.
I hope the Fat Cat toys work for you as well as they do for me! I'll feel bad if it doesn't work for you, lol, but I do think they're worth a try at least. For me at least, they're like little miracle worker stuffies. :) And because they're so hilarious looking, they're great for conversation as well. My favorite one is definitely the yellow chicken. :) I laugh every time I see Petey madly shaking his head and the little wings go flapping against his face. He seems to love the sound of it as well. :)
Good luck on your stuffie search! :)

Steph

Smiley14
July 20th, 2006, 11:18 PM
OMG! :eek: I hope Petsmart here has them. They're cute and funny enough to want to play with them myself!:D If I have to order on-line, it's gonna be impossible to choose. Hopefully, Petsmart will have them and not so many to choose from . . . otherwise, I'll go broke!

I know!!! My Petsmart only had like 3 or 4 different ones. I've never seen the people ones until I looked online tonight. Too funny! :)

glasslass
July 20th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I'd love to get "Hillary"!:D A shaking would be good for her!:evil:

jawert1
July 21st, 2006, 09:59 AM
I only buy the fleece non-descript stuffies as I've found that if it's got a recognizable head or appendage, it's toast in under 15 minutes. Simon went through a weird period where he de-squeakered everything, though he's much better about it now. I bought a fleecey dino for them and that's now survived about a month, even though I've noticed tufts of stuffing here and there, it's not been eviscerated per usual :p

SunGurl372
July 21st, 2006, 10:11 AM
Oh, that is too funny! I did the exact same thing and tried the goose as well. (Was it the realistic looking one with grayish fur and a green band around the neck...like a malllard duck?) Mine only lasted minutes as well.

Close, I opted for the gray and black goose (almost exactly like the duck). They had a pheasant too, but I took one look at the long tail "feathers" and said no way!

Harley actually slept with the remains of her stuffie last night. She has a blanket by my bed that she sleeps on, and the goose wasn't there when I went to sleep, but there it was when I woke up this morning. She's also been carrying it around from room to room, perhaps pretending she's a big, bad hunting dog???

I actually had to have my son hide it while I took her out before I left for work, as I can't trust her with the guts falling out of the thing. She looked everywhere for that stupid bird when she came back up. :rolleyes:

we3beagles
July 21st, 2006, 10:35 AM
Mine do the same. It looks like a stuffy war zone by the time they are done with them. I usually buy them at Walmart - usually around the $6 mark or the $1 store. If they are gonna desroy them you may as well pay $1 for them.

phoenix
July 21st, 2006, 10:55 AM
I have the same problem... but I recommend the Dr. Noy's toys, because they don't have any stuffing in them! Just fleece, velcro and squeekers. They include extra squeekers in the package, too. They last a long time here because there isn't any stuffing to get!

I'll try that fatcat one though, looks good!

glasslass
July 21st, 2006, 10:56 AM
She killed it! It's limp! It's her's! Maybe if you stitch it up as is without the removed stuffing, she'd be content to not tear it up anymore.

SunGurl372
July 21st, 2006, 12:04 PM
She killed it! It's limp! It's her's!

:D LOL - I think you are exactly right! She's feeling very triumphant that she showed that stuffie who's boss.

I'll give the sewing a try tonight. If I can get it away from her long enough.

Dog Dancer
July 21st, 2006, 01:57 PM
This thread hits home with us too. A friend bought my girls an octopus toy from PetSmart. It had a big squeeker in the middle and each leg has a squeeker. Actually she bought us two after the first one died! At first Halo would only stand and bark at the thing because every time she touched it it made these noises. When she finally got brave enough to do more than pick it up and pitch it away she sat down and de-squeeked it. Those two critters have had more surgery than any person on earth! The big squeekies were left out on removal as that was the main objective. The biggest problem we had with them was tug-of-war games the girls would play - each would grab a leg and pull. The octopus became a quadrapus, then a bipus if you follow my drift...:D When the legs became too damaged to sew back on I'd sew up the leg hole, and sew up the end of the leg and give them back the body and the leg separately.:eek: They still had fun with them. Only one leg squeeks now, the other squeekies are dead, so SHadow picks the thing up and tests out all the legs until she finds the squeeky one and then chews on it. They also have two ducks that they haven't de-stuffed but have chewed the quackers out of. Aren't they fun.:angel:

jessymoka
July 21st, 2006, 03:39 PM
Off subject of stuffies (not threadjacking)

At petsmart have you seen the Tire toys?

They are log the Kong's where they come in several different sizes, but quite cute in my opinion, especially the size for little dogs.

ALSO...

This might be a great replacement for a "stuffie"
They have a "fire hose" stuffed toy... it is like a really thick canvas and it is stuffed in the middle.
I don't know maybe some of you have seen them, maybe not.
But they are supposed to be really tuff... Maybe worth a shot.

jesse's mommy
July 21st, 2006, 05:06 PM
The true test ---- I picked up a fat cat today. Let's see how long it lasts. :rolleyes: I'll keep everyone updated on the status of the fat cat stuffie. :D

glasslass
July 21st, 2006, 05:22 PM
Testing here also! I went to Petsmart this morning. They just had 3 left! Is everyone in my city lurking on Pets??!:D Anyhow I bought "Dirty Rotten Kitty" (large blue kitty) and "Awful Mad Kitty" (small orange kitty) for Den-Den and Corky. I left the large hot pink kitty there for someone else as it clashes with my decor!:D :evil: So far, they are quite delighted with them. Corky has taken off the fabric tag and the ribbon on top already but that's the extent of the carnage so far!:fingerscr

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 05:29 PM
Are those related to the alligator? I got an alligator in On last time I was there and supposedly it's indestructible... It's made of canvas and has a nylony belt inside it to strenghten it...

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 05:32 PM
Here: http://www.dancingdog.com/html_site/allproducts.shtml
There are all of them... Craziness. The alligator is about 1/2 way down...

phoenix
July 21st, 2006, 05:39 PM
The true test ---- I picked up a fat cat today. Let's see how long it lasts. :rolleyes: I'll keep everyone updated on the status of the fat cat stuffie. :D

hehe... the pets.ca consumer report... can't wait to hear your findings!!!

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 05:45 PM
I love the black buggy guy: http://fatcatinc.stores.yahoo.net/snbucattoyse.html
See his face?:D
(for kitties though)

Smiley14
July 21st, 2006, 06:27 PM
Close, I opted for the gray and black goose (almost exactly like the duck). They had a pheasant too, but I took one look at the long tail "feathers" and said no way!

Harley actually slept with the remains of her stuffie last night. She has a blanket by my bed that she sleeps on, and the goose wasn't there when I went to sleep, but there it was when I woke up this morning. She's also been carrying it around from room to room, perhaps pretending she's a big, bad hunting dog???

I actually had to have my son hide it while I took her out before I left for work, as I can't trust her with the guts falling out of the thing. She looked everywhere for that stupid bird when she came back up. :rolleyes:

LOL, been there many a time. :)

Smiley14
July 21st, 2006, 06:29 PM
I have the same problem... but I recommend the Dr. Noy's toys, because they don't have any stuffing in them! Just fleece, velcro and squeekers. They include extra squeekers in the package, too. They last a long time here because there isn't any stuffing to get!

I'll try that fatcat one though, looks good!

I've never heard of Dr. Noy's toys before! I'll have to give them a try! Is the fleece pretty tough? Petey loves to de-squeak, so I wonder if he'd still demolish it. But I might give it try! Nice to have variety. :) Thanks!

Smiley14
July 21st, 2006, 06:30 PM

I love these things! I hope they work as well for you as they do for me! :)

Smiley14
July 21st, 2006, 06:31 PM
Testing here also! I went to Petsmart this morning. They just had 3 left! Is everyone in my city lurking on Pets??!:D Anyhow I bought "Dirty Rotten Kitty" (large blue kitty) and "Awful Mad Kitty" (small orange kitty) for Den-Den and Corky. I left the large hot pink kitty there for someone else as it clashes with my decor!:D :evil: So far, they are quite delighted with them. Corky has taken off the fabric tag and the ribbon on top already but that's the extent of the carnage so far!:fingerscr

Hehe. :) Keep us updated! :)

rainbow
July 21st, 2006, 07:09 PM
hehe... the pets.ca consumer report... can't wait to hear your findings!!!

Me Too!!! :D

rainbow
July 21st, 2006, 07:12 PM
I love these things! I hope they work as well for you as they do for me!

What kind of dogs do you have and are they aggressive chewers? How long have the Fat Cat stuffies lasted?

Smiley14
July 21st, 2006, 08:15 PM
What kind of dogs do you have and are they aggressive chewers? How long have the Fat Cat stuffies lasted?

HI Rainbow! See my earlier post above about my experiences with the fat cat toys (I think the fourth comment or so in this thread). :)
Petey is a German Shorthaired Pointer who tends to be a very aggressive chewer. Only once he's properly "killed" his toys will he carry them around with the soft mouth that GSP's are famous for. He's chewed through rubber toys, his kong toy has teeth holes in it, stuffies are destroyed in average of 10 minutes, and those supposedly long-lasting bones for agressive chewers are gone in under an hour. But for some reason, the fat cat toys hold up. I don't know of anyone else who has tried these toys, so I'm very curious to see how they'll work for others, but for me at least, they are wonderful! The first one lasted 8 months and we're 6 months into the second one and it still looks new. :D

Steph

Smiley14
July 21st, 2006, 08:21 PM
Off subject of stuffies (not threadjacking)

At petsmart have you seen the Tire toys?

They are log the Kong's where they come in several different sizes, but quite cute in my opinion, especially the size for little dogs.

ALSO...

This might be a great replacement for a "stuffie"
They have a "fire hose" stuffed toy... it is like a really thick canvas and it is stuffed in the middle.
I don't know maybe some of you have seen them, maybe not.
But they are supposed to be really tuff... Maybe worth a shot.

Oh, I love those tire toys too! I have the one that's a little black tire with a colored rope coming out of it. Petey totally ignored it at first, but once he finally realized the stuffies were gone (before I got my first fat cat stuffie) he grew more interested in it. It makes a great throw toy and he look darn-right adorable carrying his little tire around. :)
It's gotten quite beat up and is full of teeth marks and the rope is on its last legs, but it's lasted for months!
I haven't tried the fire hose one, I'll have to look for it!
Thanks!
Steph

jesse's mommy
July 22nd, 2006, 08:16 AM
Well this morning the fat cat had a good workout. Let me just say, they hurt when they hit you. :D Jesse was shaking it around and slapped me a few times. It's held up pretty well so far. We'll see when Daddy gets up and starts playing with her.

Oh, and I meant to post yesterday, I picked the toy up from Petsmart and it was $10.99. Then I went to Target (one of my accounts) and they have them there for $7.99, so if you have a Target near by, they are much cheaper.

glasslass
July 22nd, 2006, 02:04 PM
This morning Corkie had both FatCats on the bed, working on them, but so far no damage. Angle is bad - I was sitting up in bed.

Smiley14
July 22nd, 2006, 03:57 PM
LOL, love the pic! :)

Here's Petey with his 6ms old chicken. :D

Smiley14
July 22nd, 2006, 03:59 PM
And here was his first one, the terrible kitty, hehe. Alas, this one is long gone now, lol. It lasted about 8ms. :)

rainbow
July 22nd, 2006, 04:33 PM
Love all the pics !!!

See my earlier post above about my experiences with the fat cat toys (I think the fourth comment or so in this thread).

Sorry...I must have been reading too fast. :o

I found the Fat Cat toys in the Pet Supply House catalogue....$15.99 each :eek: My dogs are like jawert1's dogs...any toy with a head or other appendage is toast in no time. :evil: So, I'm rather hesitant to try at that price. :p

I also found the Fire Hose toys in there that jessymoka mentioned. They're made by The Kyjen Company and the material consists of an outer woven nylon material wrapped around a tough rubber inner core. Small (8") $5.59 Medium (10") $6.69 Large (12.5") $7.79 so that might be a better option to start with for me. ;)

The Dr. Noys Toys (made by Kong) are also in the catalogue but they also have "heads and appendages". They're cheaper ($6.95) than Fat Cats but I don't know if they'd be as durable. ;)

Has anyone tried the Hollee Mollee Extreme for Bad, Mad Dogs? It's a ball made of tough yet flexible rubber - they bounce, roll, squish, tug and immediately spring back to their original shape.

Or the Nobbly Wobbly? Also the Bad Cuz Toy? It's a hard rubber ball with feet and tiny ears (medium $5.75 + large $9.45). Do the feet get chewed off? :D

Smiley14
July 22nd, 2006, 04:44 PM
I found the Fat Cat toys in the Pet Supply House catalogue....$15.99 each :eek: My dogs are like jawert1's dogs...any toy with a head or other appendage is toast in no time. :evil: So, I'm rather hesitant to try at that price. :p

I also found the Fire Hose toys in there that jessymoka mentioned. They're made by The Kyjen Company and the material consists of an outer woven nylon material wrapped around a tough rubber inner core. Small (8") $5.59 Medium (10") $6.69 Large (12.5") $7.79 so that might be a better option to start with for me. ;)

The Dr. Noys Toys (made by Kong) are also in the catalogue but they also have "heads and appendages". They're cheaper ($6.95) than Fat Cats but I don't know if they'd be as durable. ;)

Has anyone tried the Hollee Mollee Extreme for Bad, Mad Dogs? It's a ball made of tough yet flexible rubber - they bounce, roll, squish, tug and immediately spring back to their original shape.

Or the Nobbly Wobbly? Also the Bad Cuz Toy? It's a hard rubber ball with feet and tiny ears (medium $5.75 + large $9.45). Do the feet get chewed off? :D

Oh ouch, expensive! I don't blame you for being hesitant at that price! I usually avoid anything with a head or appendage too, since they are gone within minutes. I never would have bought the fat cat on my own, the first one was given to me as a gift. I still can't figure out why the head and appendages aren't gone yet! LOL!
The fire hose sounds promising, I'll have to give that one a try! I have tried the Hollee Molle Extreme and the Bad Cuz toys...they didn't last. :(
Every dog must be different I suppose! :)

phoenix
July 22nd, 2006, 04:58 PM
We have three cuz toys... two good and one bad. the bad one did lose his horns, and the white good one lost its squeek (which wasn't a bad thing, actually)... but they all have their feet. We have a Holey Roller too (sounds like the same thing you mean) and it has survived many a tug of war.

Around here, it's just the ropes and stuffies that don't survive!

jiorji
July 22nd, 2006, 05:25 PM
We have three cuz toys...

you know my cat has the white one too lol....so far there's only teeth marks in it :evil:

jesse's mommy
July 22nd, 2006, 06:26 PM

Do you have a Target near you? After I bought the one at Petsmart for $10.99, I discovered them there for $7.99 (same size).

rainbow
July 22nd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Do you have a Target near you? After I bought the one at Petsmart for $10.99, I discovered them there for $7.99 (same size).

I don't think there are any Target or Petsmart stores in Canada. :sad:
Actually. I live in rural B.C. and the nearest Walmart is 30 miles away and the pet toy selection at that store sucks. If you can get them for $7.99 in the U.S. I don't see why they can charge $15.99 up here. :mad: I'd even be willing to pay the $10.99 if I could get them for that Canadian. :D

rainbow
July 22nd, 2006, 06:46 PM
The fire hose sounds promising, I'll have to give that one a try! I have tried the Hollee Molle Extreme and the Bad Cuz toys...they didn't last.
Every dog must be different I suppose!

I think you're right.....so I guess it's going to be trial and error with everything. :D

rainbow
July 22nd, 2006, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I figured the horns would be the first to go but hearing that the feet are still attached sounds promising. :D

According to the description in the Pet Supply House catalogue, the Hollee Mollee Extreme is tougher and thicker rubber than the Hollee Roller so that sounds promising as well. :D

jesse's mommy
July 22nd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Awww Mom, thanks for the new toy. I love it!

jesse's mommy
July 22nd, 2006, 07:27 PM
I really love this Mom! I'm going to kill it, you just wait!

jesse's mommy
July 22nd, 2006, 07:28 PM
Alas, the death of the fat cat. She killed it in less than a day.

jesse's mommy
July 22nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
Are there any other suggestions to try for the pets.ca consumer report? I have to give the fat cat a thumbs down.

phoenix
July 22nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
roflmao... omg jesse is too cute. hehehehe
Love the 2nd pic. too funny.
Too bad about the kitty though, i had high hopes.

Rainbow we have petsmart in Ontario. not in BC?

jesse's mommy
July 22nd, 2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I had high hopes too. The thing is I gave it to her yesterday and she played with it a little. We woke up this morning and played with it a little again. Honey and I went out for a while, came home and she played with it a little and that is when she ripped the ear. She liked it, but she didn't LOVE it. It's not like she got it and chewed it until there was a hole in it like she usually does with her stuffies. She only played with it about three times and during those times, I had to initiate the play with it, but in that little bit of time she knows the command "get your fat cat".

jesse's mommy
July 22nd, 2006, 09:11 PM

I looked these up and they are actually made by the same people that make Kong's. Even though there is no stuffing in them, Jesse would destroy that faster than the fat cat. Too many things hanging on them to get fixated on and pull off. :rolleyes:

Smiley14
July 22nd, 2006, 10:27 PM
Are there any other suggestions to try for the pets.ca consumer report? I have to give the fat cat a thumbs down.

Oh no!!!! LOL! I feel so bad, but I can't stop laughing at those pics of Jesse!! Well, guess fat cat wasn't a success in your house. :(

Just got back from running errands, so I stopped into Petsmart. Couldn't find the fire hose, but found a Dr. Noy toy. Just gave it to Petey a few minutes ago, so we'll see what happens! :fingerscr

I tried a new water toy earlier today, but that didn't last more than about 15 minutes. He retrieved it in the water, then proceeded to run off with it and tear it apart, lol. I'll have to post pics, not sure what brand that one was.
Uh-oh, I hear ripping. That can't be good! Better go check on Petey! :)

jiorji
July 22nd, 2006, 10:51 PM
I don't think there are any Target or Petsmart stores in Canada. :sad:

Petsmart we do have.

Smiley14
July 22nd, 2006, 11:08 PM
Well, Dr. Noy toy didn't last very long. Glad that one was on clearance! I really want to try this fire hose one, I'll have to see if I can find it online since my Petsmart didn't have them.

I had to take a pic of Petey. Here's how I found him downstairs, hehe. The blue thing is the water toy that got destroyed, lol. The fleece is the squeaker from the Dr. Noy toy that he's chewing on. Stupid chicken isn't far from his side, lol.
One major plus from Dr. Noy--no stuffing mess all over the floor! Yay! :)

glasslass
July 23rd, 2006, 12:03 AM
Our two fatcats are still going strong! Course, Hubby and I just came home from going out to dinner. They don't play while we're gone. They'll be grabbing them and playing frantically for the rest of the evening til bedtime.

Smiley14
July 23rd, 2006, 04:04 AM
I'm sorry, I know I'm posting wayyyy too many pics of Petey here, but I just can't resist sharing two more. It's 3am, and I've been up late working on some reports. I peeked at Petey and found him sleeping. Looks like the Dr. Noy toy carcess is a big hit! It's actually replaced the chicken for the coveted sleeping spot next to him while chicken's been kicked out! LOL!

Smiley14
July 23rd, 2006, 04:07 AM
And here the flash woke him up and he curled up, yawned, and stared at me. Probably wondering what crazy Mom is doing up this time of night, lol. But I thought this one was too cute since I caught him mid-yawn. :)

phoenix
July 23rd, 2006, 09:05 AM
you can't post too many pics of Petey. he's too cute.

My dogs also got the dr noy's to carcass form eventually, but then they carried them around just like that. We called it roadkill :)

glasslass
July 23rd, 2006, 09:35 AM
ROADKILL! ROFL I've got to steal that one!

Smiley, I see you have framed photos with the furkids around too! Never enuff photos of the furkids - called being a proud mama!

Prin
July 23rd, 2006, 01:54 PM
Yey Petey! He's a cutie. Never too many pics of him.

Jesse looks fierce getting at that fat cat. :D

I have to say, Boo lost interest in the alligator pretty quickly when he realized he couldn't break it (alligators don't have ears). But I still beat him with it every now and then, just to get him riled up (it's like a stick...).
(By beat him, I mean tapping him with it and poking him with it to stir up some playing... You know...:D )

OntarioGreys
July 23rd, 2006, 03:38 PM
I know my gang are only interested in stuff toys and they like only ones that make noise and one is a stuffie killer as well, so I resigned myself to fact that most of the indestructable will remain undamage only because my gang no interest in them. So I buy the stuffed ones they like and operate on them as needed and try to keep a large number on hand, and pick up the ones in need of repair or toss those no longer fixable,

maybe better to buy some toys at wholesale prices, checkout www.petedge.com

Replacement squeakers can be purchased wholesale as well

The prices here are good and include shipping http://www.cdwplus.com/singleother.html#anchor173114
Would even be worth buying just to make your own toys using heavy canvas for the outside.

SunGurl372
July 23rd, 2006, 08:06 PM
I had to initiate the play with it, but in that little bit of time she knows the command "get your fat cat".

LOL...too funny, in less than a day, Harley knew exactly what I was saying when I said "Go get your wubbie." Don't ask me why I named the stupid goose that, but there you go.

Smiley14
July 24th, 2006, 08:21 PM
ROADKILL! ROFL I've got to steal that one!

Smiley, I see you have framed photos with the furkids around too! Never enuff photos of the furkids - called being a proud mama!

Oh yes, I am one proud mama! :) I see you are too! LOL! :)

Smiley14
July 24th, 2006, 08:21 PM
I know my gang are only interested in stuff toys and they like only ones that make noise and one is a stuffie killer as well, so I resigned myself to fact that most of the indestructable will remain undamage only because my gang no interest in them. So I buy the stuffed ones they like and operate on them as needed and try to keep a large number on hand, and pick up the ones in need of repair or toss those no longer fixable,

maybe better to buy some toys at wholesale prices, checkout www.petedge.com

Replacement squeakers can be purchased wholesale as well

The prices here are good and include shipping http://www.cdwplus.com/singleother.html#anchor173114
Would even be worth buying just to make your own toys using heavy canvas for the outside.

Thanks for the links!!

Smiley14
July 24th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Yey Petey! He's a cutie. Never too many pics of him.

Jesse looks fierce getting at that fat cat. :D

I have to say, Boo lost interest in the alligator pretty quickly when he realized he couldn't break it (alligators don't have ears). But I still beat him with it every now and then, just to get him riled up (it's like a stick...).
(By beat him, I mean tapping him with it and poking him with it to stir up some playing... You know...:D )

Aw, thanks! Glad to hear I'm not overdoing it, lol!

I'll have to check out the aligator! I haven't seen that one yet.

Smiley14
July 24th, 2006, 08:26 PM
you can't post too many pics of Petey. he's too cute.

My dogs also got the dr noy's to carcass form eventually, but then they carried them around just like that. We called it roadkill :)

So far the Dr. Noy carcass is a big hit! :) And roadkill is definitely a fitting name. :) I'll have to adopt that one since I can't tell what animal it's supposed to be exactly. :)