Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sick people out there

cpietra16
July 20th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Well...now I know! Some people are just sick:mad:
As I am reading posts on this site I get a knock on the door. When I get to the door there is know one there except for a note in my mailbox.

BEWARE it starts....someone in my neighbourhood (Pointe Claire)...actually they are very precise in naming my street and the next one over....anyway , someone just killed their 2 cats using rat poison. A neighbour just found a dead cat on her lawn. 2 cats were shot with a lead pellet gun and 1 cat was caught with a wire around its neck....

This is a time where I would really like to take the law in my own hands:mad:
Some people are just sick

catsnatcher-CDN
July 20th, 2006, 09:11 PM
This is a crime and someone should call the cops.

Are you the only one who got the note?
Did your neighbors also get a note?

cpietra16
July 20th, 2006, 09:24 PM
all the neighbours go tthe notice and the police are aware...but without proof they can't do anything:( glad to have all my cats indoors...as much as they hate it

coppperbelle
July 20th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Sounds like it could be a warning to you and maybe others that someone has bad intentions towards your cat(s). Does your cat go outdoors and could it be getting into someone's garden or garbage?
I know my neighbor allows his cats to roam and because they are not spayed/neutered attract all kinds of other cats. My garden is now a toilet.:mad:
Don't get me wrong I would never harm the cats but there are weirdo's out there who wouldn't think twice. The note may be a warning.

cpietra16
July 20th, 2006, 09:36 PM
It's defiantely a warning. My cats are not allowed outside. My feral cat now goes outside on a leash only...with me at the other end:p

Stacer
July 20th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Wow, that's pretty sick. Please keep your eye on other neighbourhood cats, hopefully no harm comes to anymore kitties.

cpietra16
July 20th, 2006, 09:39 PM
I've been calling all the neighbours that I know that have cats, and there are alot of them. I also noticed alot of people that have lost cats in this area and I did wonder why so many cats went missing in a fairly quiet area:( ...now I know

glasslass
July 20th, 2006, 09:46 PM
A friend of mine lost his cat 2yrs ago due to antifreeze poisoning. Several in his neighborhood were poisoned. They feel it was intentional but hard to prove even if they were able to identify who was responsible. A caution to keep kitties inside for all of us.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 20th, 2006, 10:01 PM
This is my worst nightmare.

Mahealani770
July 21st, 2006, 08:47 AM
This is so sad. I wish all of you, up there in Canada, luck with your cats.

My partner and I were watching the news lastnight, in horror, as a woman was arrested and put in jail for putting out dishes of dog food, laced with antifreeze, in her driveway and yard. She has no pets. Neighbors got suspicious and called the police. One neighbor had 2 dogs, one was poisoned and died, the other (a black lab) is slowly recovering from the poisoning. I've been trying to find the newspaper article to post with this thread, but I can't find it. I wanted you all to see how beautiful these dogs are that the crazy *itch poisoned. She is currently out on a $2,400 bond.
People make me sick!:mad:

BMDLuver
July 21st, 2006, 10:44 AM
Hardware store in Montreal used the antifreeze route as well to clean out the area of stray cats. He's not doing it anymore but he didn't get charged with anything either. Wonderful province this is. :mad: