Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

help with service ontario kiosk!!

raingirl
July 20th, 2006, 07:32 PM
You know those Service Ontario kiosks they have in the malls (for paying MTO fees, getting driver abstracts, plates renewals, etc)? My bf went to one yesterday to renew our license plates stickers. It was his first time using it (I have never used it either) and it's our first time renewing stickers.

Anyway, he was so annoyed by the process (our insurance co wasn't listed, and it was just annoying to use) that he didn't stick around for the receipt.

Now...I could be wrong here, but I thought the machine will ALSO spit out the renewal sticker, right? Well, if it does, he didn't wait for that either.

So...what should we do? Does the kiosk spit out the sticker, or does that come in mail? I can't seem to find out off the MTO website. With no receipt, how can we prove we did it (I would assume MTO would have a record though). Ack!!

kaytris
July 20th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I've only used it for updating my health card, and I only received a receipt - the updated health card came in the mail.

I would try to phone around and see if you can find a real person to ask.

happycats
July 20th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I use the kiosk all the time, and yes it does spit out the sticker and receipt!
Tho MTO would have records, as your payment would have went through. Are you sure the payment went through? If not then it wouldn't have spit out a sticker, so no worries:)

raingirl
July 20th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Hmmm...we spoke with a relative this evening and they said that it doesn't spit out the stickers and they had them mailed when they used it....

Maybe the machine was broken?

happycats
July 20th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I have always had a sticker spit out (unless I was supposed to get an e-test and didn't) then you get denied until you give the e-test info. But I have used the machines in both Scarborough Town Centre and Oshawa centre for the past 5 years at least, and I have always got a sticker.

raingirl
July 21st, 2006, 07:09 AM
how long does it take, seconds, minutes? He said he waited a few seconds after a thank you screen, and nothing happened.

happycats
July 21st, 2006, 07:39 AM
It wasn't long, (it isn't instant like a bank machine) maybe 30 seconds?

AliSam
July 21st, 2006, 10:40 PM
I agree. The sticker does come out of the machine. The only time it wouldn't is if they were "out" of a particular sticker. I tried to renew mine for 2 years once (and my e-test was completed that year and not needed for another 2 years) and I was told it was unavailable at that time. If there was a problem with the sticker you needed, the machine should have told you.