Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Movie bloopers

mastifflover
July 19th, 2006, 07:46 AM
I was just pming with Marko and he asked me about something he saw in You Me and Dupree the boom mikes showing in scenes. What movie mistakes have you spotted in films or commercials or TV? There was a Pespsi commercial a few years back where the kid drinks from the bottle out of the fridge and as he drinks the pepsi stayed never really moved from the bottom of the bottle they did pull it. There are tons of them like a guy wearing a watch in The Ten Commandments

Prin
July 19th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I remember in the Wonder Years wayyy back, Kevin is in a chemistry lab with his lab partner, a sort of tomboy girl who he doesn't see "that way"... They're talking and he's got his goggles on his head and then the camera goes onto her, and back onto him and his goggles are on his face and back to her and then back on him and his goggles are back on his head.:D

I know so many, but I can't remember any others right now. My brother sees all the defects in movies that 'normal' people don't catch.

heidiho
July 19th, 2006, 03:12 PM
The Wedding Singer when adam sandler is in the trash can the first scene he has garbage all over him then it is gone

jiorji
July 19th, 2006, 06:24 PM
i think those occur when there;s a scene break or they do the shoot the next day and it's hard to remember how everything was.

mastifflover
July 19th, 2006, 06:36 PM
It can actually happen in the same day. These things are suppose to be picked up on set by the continuity person. You cannot imagine how many stills are taken of all the set ups and where everything is exactly. I love going through the dailies and finding mistakes. My last show the director used to leave the daily rushes on my desk because I seem to pick up on a lot of them. He told me I should do continuity but I do not like all the stuff that goes with the job. If continuity does not pick it up it should be caught in post production and surely at the final cut. I really think that the studios rush to get these films to the theatres and they get sloppy

joeysmama
July 19th, 2006, 08:42 PM
In "It's A Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve George walks into the office and the rest of the staff is huddled around the phone talking to Harry. George has a Christmas wreath on his arm. He puts it down on the counter when he walks in. Then the camera cuts away and then back to George taking the phone and he has the wreath back on his arm.

In "A Christmas Carol", the Alistair Sims version, when he wakes up on Christmas morning he talks to himself in the mirror. You can see someone, a stagehand? director? peeking in and out of the scene.

Ok, it's obvious we watch a lot of Christmas movies ! I'll try to think of more.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 19th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Easter eggs are fun to find also.
Check out this site... you'll find lots of easter eggs in movies and even softwares you have at home!
http://www.eeggs.com/

Inc ase it's hard to find, here are the movie easter eggs:

http://www.eeggs.com/tree/1361.html

Prin
July 19th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I like it when they do it on purpose. You know where the guy falls in garbage, gets up covered in crap and brushes it all off and looks brand new? (like in the Naked Gun movies)

raingirl
July 20th, 2006, 06:43 PM
There are a whole bunch in the scream movies, because they couldn't make people wear the same blood covered shirt for too many days without cleaning it. That's why in some scenes the splatters are all different.

heidiho
July 21st, 2006, 07:47 PM
Wow how could i forget one of the best screw ups.Commando with Arnold Schanegger(cant spell it) the car seen where teh yellor porsche in totalled on the side when they are driving it then it goes to another seen and in the next seen there is not a scratch on it

HunterXHunter
September 25th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Bad Boys II - in the end when Will Smith was driving that yellow Hummer H2 down a hill through a whole bunch of wooden shacks/houses. You see the driver-side side mirror get broken off after it hit one of the houses, and once they reached the bottom of the hill, the mirrors are intact again :cool:

Any movie with guns and sceens where the protagonists are getting shot at by a volley of machine-gun fire down a narrow hallway. No matter how many people or how many guns, the bullets seem to just hit the side of the wall just next to the good guys :eek: