Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Bernese Mountain Dog in St. Basile (south shore Montreal)

Boubou
July 18th, 2006, 10:00 PM
She was brought into our grooming salon today and she is an absolute angel. She was found in a farming area of St. Basile on Friday, July 7th so she may have been abandoned. I have called the SCDD and tomorrow I will place ads in the local papers.

She's quite small, approx. 60 lbs, very thin and has open sores on her pads on all four of her paws either from being on the run for so long, or from being dragged. She has an appointment at the vet tomorrow and then she will be brought into the SPCA Monteregie so if anyone is looking to adopt her, she will be there. Hopefully there is a loving family desperately looking for her...

Boubou
July 18th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Actually she was found Friday, July 14th, not the 7th as I had originally posted.......sorry about the mistake!

mastifflover
July 19th, 2006, 12:19 AM
This may be a stretch but check this post out it may be the dog
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24469&highlight=lost+bmd
I pm'd Marko and White Wolf to see if they could email this person it sounds like it may be the dog. Please keep us posted

poodletalk
July 19th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Boubou: contact me!

melsy
July 19th, 2006, 01:12 AM
OOOH I saw this...

http://www.sergev.com/perdus-lost.htm#ann

http://www.sergev.com/perdu-trouve/0262.jpg
CHIENNE BOUVIER BERNOIS nommée Maggie, rousse, blanche et noir, environ 55 livres, très peureuse, perdue le 26 juin près de McMasterville. (450) 653-0221. 2006-06-30

It is too late to call this person.I think.

marko
July 19th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks for all the help - you guys are great!

I just emailed Morganounet. Let's keep our fingers crossed.:fingerscr

Boubou
July 19th, 2006, 07:47 AM
OMG! I think it's Maggie! I've contacted the owner she's on her way now - I'll let you know. I'm so excited I'm shaking!!!

mastifflover
July 19th, 2006, 07:49 AM
I would love a happy ending please let us know how it turns out. I hope it is a happy reunion.:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

melsy
July 19th, 2006, 08:04 AM
OMG! I think it's Maggie! I've contacted the owner she's on her way now - I'll let you know. I'm so excited I'm shaking!!!

OMG wouldn't that be great!!!I called her number this morning to no answer so I hope it is her.Keep us informed!

badger
July 19th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Did she respond to her name??

Boubou
July 19th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Great news - it was Maggies owner! Thanks soooo much to everyone. When I said her name she totally went nuts! It was as if she said ''Finally, someone knows who I am!'' The woman arrived with her daughter and it was obvious they were Maggies owners. They story of how they lost her was a man came to the door and Maggie is petrified of men and he acccidently left the door opened and Maggie bolted from him and he ran after her and that was the last they had seen of Maggie. I told them they have to put ID on her and take her to the vet today and I'm confident they will.

What a wonderful ending! Thanks again to everyone - especially Melsy! I didn't even know that site existed........

marko
July 19th, 2006, 10:11 AM
That IS GREAT NEWS!

Thanks so much everyone - great work!!!!!!!!!:party:

catsnatcher-CDN
July 19th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Good Job BOUBOU and MastiffLover! And everyone else who helped her find her way home!:thumbs up

melsy
July 19th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I am sooooo happy!!!!

This was my first time on this site because I have found the most affectionate cat in my neighborhood of Chateauguay...I just know it was a housecat.

I am hoping to find her a home because I am so allergic and so is my daughter I just can't keep her inside...but I wish I could:(

mastifflover
July 19th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Well I love happy endings. I noticed that there were 2 berners on that site one was the pup and the other was Maggie. So glad they were reunited.

LibbyP
July 19th, 2006, 10:47 AM
AWESOME JOB everyone, these are the happy endings I like to read about, I cannot even imagine what the owners are going through, they both had guardian :angel: looking over them :highfive:

Frenchy
July 19th, 2006, 11:49 AM
WOOOHOOO :highfive: Thanks you guys :grouphug:

Prin
July 19th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Wooo! That's awesome! Good job!:) I hope she gets to see a vet for her feetsies...:fingerscr

chico2
July 19th, 2006, 03:47 PM
OMG,this gets me all choked up,what wonderful news..you guys are the best:thumbs up

technodoll
July 19th, 2006, 03:54 PM
toootally heartwarming! it's these small miracles that make you go "wow"!!

:crazy:

Brat
July 19th, 2006, 06:19 PM
wonderful to hear! :)

Stacer
July 19th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Great news! I'm confused though, is Maggie the dog that belongs to Morganounet? Or is she a completely different dog?

catsnatcher-CDN
July 19th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I think we got our priceless moment:

A dozen forum members
2 internet bulletin boards
1 dog who lost his way.

Helping him find his way back home via the world wide web, Priceless.

Golden Girls
July 19th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Fantastic news :thumbs up

I'm also a bit confused though :confused: sorry but it's really bugging me :o When Morganounet first posted she said her dogs name was "Phenixe" lost in Rive-Sud Lemoye Feb 28 (front of house)

4 1/2 months later ...

The dog that was brought to Boubou on July 14 was found near McMasterville and answered to the name "Maggie" which was advertised as lost June 26th

So who's Phenixe?

I'm very happy that a dog has been reunited I just don't get it. What am I missing - I read it like 5 times :o

Prin
July 19th, 2006, 10:01 PM
They're different dogs. Melsy posted Maggie's ad, and Maggie is the one.

Golden Girls
July 19th, 2006, 10:13 PM
What LMAO??

So Marko contacted Morganounet thinking it was Phinexe and meanwhile Melsy called the real owner of Maggie ... is that what mean?

OR better yet, maybe I should just go to bed :D

Prin
July 19th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Yep. There are a lot of lost BMDs both on this site and in Qc.

mastifflover
July 19th, 2006, 11:01 PM
They were both on the site. When I saw the post I thought of Phoneix then when I went to the site I saw Maggie so I thought she surely has to be one of them. It all worked out because Melsy got in touch with Maggies family and it was the right one. The age made me think it had to be one of them they are both young. But the most important thing is one dog is back home.

Golden Girls
July 20th, 2006, 09:27 AM
That of course goes without saying ... fantastic!!!!!!!!!

I thought the same dog was lost ... twice
and two different owners were contacted http://bestsmileys.com/funny/2.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/happy/2.gif

Morganounet
July 23rd, 2006, 10:54 AM
I was away on vacation and I read Marko's message only today... I had great hopes for a few minutes...

Thanks to all who remember our lost Phénixe... We have (almost totally) lost hope - she was probably stolen. I heard this week that BMD are among the most stolen dog... I don't know how much this is true.

Tchuss

Morganounet

glasslass
July 23rd, 2006, 11:13 AM
This started my day! What a way to start a day! WOO HOO!!!! I hope we can get some pictures of the reunion?

Morganounet, I'll continue to hope and pray for the safe return of your Phenix.

mastifflover
July 23rd, 2006, 01:17 PM
I am sorry it was not your baby but she was the first one I thought of but we will still keep our eyes and ears peeled for her.