Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What do you feed your pets?

Carina
January 21st, 2004, 08:06 PM
I feed our cat Krazy Felidae kibble, but I switch his canned food (he gets a spoonful or two a day) around; I stick to the better brands. He also gets canned mackerel or salmon sometimes. He's been supplementing his diet this winter with mice that come into the basement to escape the cold. (We're somewhat rural & have lots of critters.)

The dogs get a raw diet, meaning they eat largely meat, some bones, and other stuff like pureed raw or cooked vegetables, eggs, green tripe, etc.

The fish get fish food, lettuce, and little bits of beef heart for the Oscar. :)

RDM
January 21st, 2004, 08:51 PM
My dogs, and all foster dogs, eat a raw diet.

My cats are old and curmudgeonly; they prefer dry food. My male cat eats Go! Natural, but my SO prefers to feed his female cat Iams with the Hairball stuff so she doesn't hork up yuck everywhere all the time. Sometimes my cat Leonard will eat some trip or some raw chicken, but mostly he just prefers his dry.

Oh and if I do feed him canned, he doesn't like the good stuff, only the crappy grocery store kinds.

RDM

Carina
January 21st, 2004, 08:56 PM
Ooh, another raw diet person. :)

I've tried to get Krazy to eat some raw, but he refuses unless he's caught it himself. :p He'll eat canned fish, but not fish or anything else I cook. Go figure. Cats are weird.

Before SO & I started living in sin, Krazy ate the terrible pink grocery store cat food and was quite overweight. I made him switch to Canidae (I sometimes get other real premium brands & mix it in) and he lost weight.

Lucky Rescue
January 21st, 2004, 10:31 PM
My dog eats Wellness, and just loves it. My cats get Nutro and canned.

My ex-feral tomcat will eat only a store brand Turkey and Giblets and NO other canned food. Who would think a stray would be so fussy?:confused:
Oh, he also LOVES raw chicken!

I indulge him because I don't like feeding neutered tomcats dry only.

My breeding pair of Gold Severums eat worms, spinach, brine shrimp, veggies and lots of other yucky stuff.:D

LavenderRott
January 21st, 2004, 11:36 PM
My dogs eat whatever Auntie Carina says they should. They eat a lot of chicken.

My cats eat Felidae. Sassy, the youngest, will eat dog stew (an Auntie Carina specialty) green beans, yogurt and chicken livers.

And of course, crickets for Scrappy and Scooby, the Fire-Bellied Oriental Toads.

Luba
January 22nd, 2004, 01:10 AM
LavR ur so cute!!

Lucky R what on earth are
Gold Severums ??
:confused:

chico2
January 22nd, 2004, 09:06 AM
My cats(3) eat Nutro"Natural choice" and Nutrience dry food,supplemented with"the bad stuff"Fancy Feast,tried expensive canned food,they woon't touch it.
They share a small can morning and night mostly fish..I was told the fishy stuff is not very good for them,but they love it...
Am I killing them with kindness?
I once had a cat,eating tablescraps,licking gravy etc,,,ending up overweight and diabetic,don't want that to happen again so I watch their weight or at least try too.
My little one(two color eyes Vinnie)is a little hog,while eating his own dish,he's checking the others to see if they leave some and give me that"what did you do that for?"look when I take the dish away:D

daisy18216
January 22nd, 2004, 09:53 AM
Our doggies eat Pedigree Adult Nutrition.

I was told and saw the site that grades the dog and cat food brands. This is not a good brand to feed my doggies, but until we have more money to spend on a better brand it will have to do.

They also get people food every so often (especially when our kids decided to share their food w/the dogs).

Sneaking kids!! lol:D

Here's a Pet Food Ratings site

http://www.animalark.eapps.com/animal/PetFoods.nsf/149634ec7d8f978286256aed007891de?OpenView

Here's a Pet Food Manu Site
http://www.animalark.eapps.com/animal/PetFoods.nsf/21febdb00a40473286256b6f0079612c?OpenView

chico2
January 22nd, 2004, 10:54 AM
Felidae Feline? Never heard of it,maybe we don't have it in Canada..

melanie
January 22nd, 2004, 04:34 PM
my girl (35kg shepX) gets a wide and varied diet. we often cook up a stew of mince and veges with rice and pasta. she does eat a canned product called Natures Gift (who also make her dog treats), and it is all natural with no preservatives or addative. this is all mixed with dry bikkies sometimes pal (not often makes her fart) and most regularly a product call supercoat lifestyle (light and mature) for older dogs which has reduced calories, low fat and colestoral and has all natural antioxidents, this brand is supported by our famous vet Dr Harry. she has plenty of fish, but refuses anything raw, not even a scrap. tinned tuna, carrot sticks, broccoli stumps all fruit and vege and anything else she can con out of me. she cant have bones due to tounge accident years ago so i give her a product called denta bone, hard rice stuff in a bone shape that is all natural and good for teeth cleaning. and for that extra boost, i give her a vitamin supplement occassionally called Bob Martins multi vitamins, they make them for cats also.
My mums cat eats lots of raw chicken, warmed slightly.:D