Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Weirdness

Dog Mom
July 18th, 2006, 02:15 PM
I am having some weird behaviour from one of my dogs Buster. I am 4 months pregnant with my first child and he has taken to laying with his head on my lower stomach, it's not really a problem just wierd because he's never done it before. He'll lay there for hours if I let him, do you guys think he knows something is up or is he just being really sucky?! lol None of the other dogs have showed a "special Intrest". I'm attaching a picture just cuz he's soooo cute :love: he looks crazy in it but it's the only one i have @ work :o

LibbyP
July 18th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Yes (IMO) animals can 'tell' something is different. You have to remember your hormones are changing and you act different(and smell)different, some animals change for the better and some not so good, working in a boarding kennel with my first, dogs that loved me before now I couldn't trust, Enjoy this quite time, relax when you can:thumbs up Oh ya Buster looks like he's grinning in an evil kinda way

we3beagles
July 18th, 2006, 03:40 PM
My SIL just gave birth to my neice and she reported the exact same behavior from her dog. Sniffing and laying his head on her belly. It is really sweet that he is that in tune to you I think. Maybe even a bit of bonding going on?

Dog Mom
July 18th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Buster has always been a momma's boy, I was just worried that it might be a show of dominence (sp)

Prin
July 18th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Sounds like you have to rehome him. I know just the right home. ;) :D

Really though, I have heard so many stories of dogs either getting distant or maternal when their owners get preggers. It's all normal.:D

Dog Mom
July 18th, 2006, 05:25 PM
2 blue eyed dogs prin? come on now,;) poor Boo would have to get coloured contacts just so he wouldn't feel left out! ROFL :crazy:

Prin
July 18th, 2006, 05:27 PM
lol no, he'd be proud because he'd be the only one who could see squirrels in the sun.. (blue eyeds aren't supposed to see well in bright light...).

rainbow
July 18th, 2006, 05:38 PM
What a cute picture.....I love his smile. :D And I also think it's sweet the way he's reacting to your pregnancy. :love: