Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Any way around this help//

heidiho
July 17th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Ok so we are in escrow for a condo,problem we need to show 5000.00 in the bank for 2 months,do not have family that have that kind of money to let us do that,even though it is just money that needs to sit there while we go throught his,is there any way around this part,or could the bank say no because we do not ahve that money in there

glasslass
July 18th, 2006, 12:22 AM
The bank can say no right up to the close of escrow. It's important to be truthful. You can lose your deposit if they determine the loan fell through because of intentional misinformation on your part. They may not say no, but they could consider you a higher risk and give you a higher interest rate. Is it a 30 day escrow? This might be a good time to sell everything you don't really need, but do you have the time to raise it if they are requiring you have it for 2mos? I'm not trying to give you more anxiety here, just pointing out the importance of keeping everything up front. This would be a great time for your former friend to pay off what she owes you.

heidiho
July 18th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah It Sure Would Be,we Are Trying A 30day Escrow But Our Loan Guy Said 60 Might Be Better We Have The 2000 We Need To Pay Up Front But The 5000 They Want To See Sitting In The Bank I Have No Idea How We Will Come Up With That

heidiho
July 18th, 2006, 05:38 PM
No way we got it,his parents are giving us the 5000 to put in bank,it is not a loan it is a gift to help us get strted i am in shock right now,our own condo in maui......wowwwwwwwwww

Puppyluv
July 18th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Congrats Heidi!:thumbs up

jesse's mommy
July 18th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Woo Hoo! Congrats! Hip, hip, hooray!

http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/3.gif

heidiho
July 18th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Thank you,i cant believe in less than a year what i have been through and my teacher was right once you quit the drugs and do the right thing it will ahppen,now i am in maui with the hottest guy iused to be i love with 14 years ago and are about to own a condo across teh street from the beach,when less than a year ago i was almost dead from meth,it is all sinking in and iam in awe

Frenchy
July 18th, 2006, 08:37 PM
All right :highfive: good for you! So now we have a place to stay if we ever go on vacation in Maui :D

Prin
July 18th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Congrats!! :highfive:

heidiho
July 18th, 2006, 09:37 PM
You sure do ,hee hee ,actually the seller said we can also rent it out as a vaction rental,he does it once in awhile for 110.00 a night which would be cool if we ever wanted to go back to the mainland to visit we could just rent it out,,,

heidiho
July 18th, 2006, 09:38 PM
www.mauiboard.com if u go there and type in Honokawai Palms that is where it is at,ours is not on there they already took it off

heidiho
July 18th, 2006, 09:41 PM
318614 is the one next door to us,and the other great thing is in our building only about 4 of them are ones people live in the rest are vacant and are used for vacation rentals,it isnt the fanciest but is it a hell of a good start in maui

glasslass
July 18th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see pictures!

heidiho
July 19th, 2006, 02:33 PM
His parents also said they will co sign on the loan if it will ehlp us get a lower interest rate,i am in total shock

poodletalk
July 19th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I would suggest to you to talk to mortgage brokers to get lower interest rates.Just don't stick with a bank.

You can apply online to companies and four mortgage brokers will call you and compete to get the lowest rate.

heidiho
July 20th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Oh My God,got Our First Set Of Papers From The Escrow Title Lady,wow,no Idea What The Hell I Will Bw Agreeing To When I Sign,then The Homeowners Assc Book,has About 200 Friggin Papers Wish We Could Afford Lawyer To Look Them Over,and I Heard This Is Just The Beginning Of The Papers We Will Be Signing

mastifflover
July 20th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Congrats Heidi things have really turned around and I am really happy for you. Post pics soon and good luck with your new home

heidiho
July 20th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Thank u it is really amazing when i sit back and think about where i was 8 months ago,to where i am now,we have to go do inspection this weekend i will take pics

glasslass
July 20th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Be verrrry good to his parents! They are :thumbs up !!!

heidiho
July 20th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Oh you know i will he told me his mom would really like me and i would love them i have spoken on teh pone to her and she is supre sweet,she told mark she really wants us to be able to start a good life together and will help anyway they can,we are sending ahuge hawaiin style gift basket to them.I know my parents feel bad cause they cant help ,but they are really happy for us,my dream is when the whale season starts here in teh winter to fly them out here ,they have never had a vaction since they have been married which is about 37 years,my dads one dream has always been to go on a boat and go fishing and i cant wait to be the one to give it to them,so i figure when the whalse come here to have there babies would be an excellent time,u should see it it is right out of discovery channel amazing

glasslass
July 20th, 2006, 08:48 PM
That's terrific! Sounds like you're living in Paradise!

catsnatcher-CDN
July 20th, 2006, 09:15 PM
You're living like Magnum P.I.!

Except you own real estate, which is better!

maddoxies
July 20th, 2006, 09:29 PM
So glad for you Heidiho - you have made it to the rainbow on the other side of the storm. :highfive:

heidiho
July 20th, 2006, 10:26 PM
To funny magnum p i i love it,it is pretty wild when i came here just to visit him on the last night here he was on the balcony and said come out here,well i go out there and what do i see not one but two rainbows and you could actually see the end of it on the mountain i knew then and there he was the one for me...I have never seen where a rainbow ends,til then it was amazing ,Maui is amazing