Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hi there

buddyboy
July 17th, 2006, 06:56 PM
hello, im new to the forum, ive been an animal lover my whole life and have had just about every type of pet at one time or the other. currently i have my baby, buddy. he is a soon to be 2 year old beagle x springer spaniel. he has all the beagle charecteristics though, the howl, the sniffing, the obsession with food etc. his favorite thing is to go to the beach and fetch the ball and put his face in the water and bring me rocks. at night he sleeps under the covers with me until he gets too hot then he jumps down sleeps on the floor for awhile before getting up and growling and whining until i wake up and hold the covers up for him to get back under. he shares his house with his rabbit, cadbury, who buddy suspends his beagle instict to chase for her, he just follows her around sniffing her butt. so thats all about us and i look forward to talking to all of you soon.

Bushfire2000
July 17th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Welcome. It sounds like you have a sweetheart of a pup there. Do you have any pictures? We love pictures.

buddyboy
July 18th, 2006, 01:53 PM
this is buddy as a puppy two years ago, hopefully it works, im not very computer literate

buddyboy
July 18th, 2006, 03:42 PM
and here he is now

buddyboy
July 18th, 2006, 03:44 PM
this is buddy in bed

buddyboy
July 18th, 2006, 03:46 PM
one more pic

Bushfire2000
July 18th, 2006, 03:48 PM
He's very sweet. In that last picture it looked as though he'd been very naughty chewing on your slipper. Great pics.

chico2
July 18th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the Forum!!
Buddy looks like a real sweetie:love:
If you love animals,you have certainly come to the right place,tons of dedicated animal-lovers,rescuers and foster-parents here:thumbs up

buddyboy
July 18th, 2006, 04:15 PM
yes he was chewing on the slipper but he gave me the "im sorry,look at my big sad hound eyes" and i almost gave him the slipper as a new toy :)

Frenchy
July 18th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum,Buddy sure is cute!Are you sure about the mixt? He looks like he has some pointer in him.Either way,he is beautiful and seem to be pretty spoiled!

Prin
July 18th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Frenchy, I was going to say the same thing. I saw the pics in the other thread and I thought he was a pointer. He's a handsome boy.:) Welcome to the board.:)

buddyboy
July 18th, 2006, 07:59 PM
im not completely sure about the mix, the way that i got him is that a friend rescued some puppies from someone who was trying to make a quick buck by breeding his beagle, she went there looking at the puppies, from an ad that said beagle puppies, she went there and she said that there was about ten dogs and the place was a mess, the puppies were very young, the guy even admitted eventually that they were six weeks old, and the mom had stopped feeding them and i think the guy was in over his head and didnt know what to do, and i think there was even some abuse because buddy is very nervous around strange guys, never agressive just scared, and yelling, even if it is me yelling on the phone he will hide under the couch, but my friend took the remainder of the puppies because to put her words nicely, the place was a disgusting mess, and these tiny puppies were crawling around in their own filth, and so she took 4 of them home, to find them good homes, i myself at the time was looking for a beagle puppy, and i went and looked at them and he came over and licked my feet, so i had to take him, but anyway so the mom was for sure a beagle, and as i said he was saying they were full beagles (and he stuck to that story even when she confrounted him) but she said that the other dogs there were all springer spaniels so that what i think he is, but then again, its totally possible that he has something else in him, but hes beagle enough for me and no matter what he is hes perfect the way he is :) sorry this is so long, but when i get thinking about his first six weeks of life it makes me very angry, i mean if there was abuse, i cant believe it, he was tiny and so cute, how could u abuse him???

Frenchy
July 18th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I know;people suck!Bailey is the same,I adopted him at the pound,he was a stray but me and the people at the pound think he was just left by the side of the road.He is such a velcro dog,I can't imagine him running away from his owner.But anyway,shortly after I got him,I got mad at my fridge :p when it broke down during my vacation.When Bailey heard me,he looked like he just gotten a beating.I almost cried.So since then,no more getting mad around my Bailey,he forces me to be happy happy joy joy wich is good for me too!Whatever Buddy's mixt,he is a very beautiful dog and is very lucky to have you!

mastifflover
July 18th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Welcome and Buddy is very cute my boy is also named Buddy and a rescue. I am always amazed at the cruelty of people. Buddy is lucky to have you.