Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another Newb!

DanaP
July 17th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I love this site!!! I found it when searching for information about taming a feral kitten, and thought it would be friendlier to introduce myself before asking the questions that are bound to pop up. ;)

My husband and I are cat lovers, who had 2 cats for many years; after they died, we did not adopt new pets because our children were very young. The kids are now 8, 6, and 3 1/2, and we seem to be in the process of being adopted by a feral kitten, approx. 2-3 months old. We have named her Mia because she was rolling an acorn around and looked just like a soccer player dribbling the ball! After about a week of feeding and sticking close to our back porch, Mia is slowly warming up to us -- she won't yet approach anyone for petting, but we don't startle her anymore and she lets us pet her while she eats!!

LibbyP
July 18th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Hi and Welcome, :thumbs up for trying to tame this little one. I know there are plenty members on the forum who have tamed feral kittens in the past. I'm sure if you have any questions ask away and they will be more than willing to offer some advice, good luck, you are this little ones guardian :angel:

DanaP
July 18th, 2006, 11:46 AM
I am already soooo in love with this darling little girl! I have never seen a mother cat around, nor any littermates, so she must be such a brave and resourceful little kitten. Wish us luck for an upcoming vet visit this Friday -- both for getting her in a cat carrier and that she is as healthy as she looks. :fingerscr

Frenchy
July 18th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Hi DanaP,I'm sure you will do great taming this little cat since Mia is so young.There a couple of people here that have experience with feral cats and I'm sure they can help you,just ask away!And good luck at the vet :fingerscr