Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

killing bugs is now FUN...

jessi76
July 17th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Just swing & zap! it's rediculously fun! and it really works.... kills the bugs, and provides HOURS of entertainment. I highly recommend it for any of you, who, like me, are attacked by horseflies, deer flies, mosquitos, bees, etc.. on a daily basis.

fyi - for big bees, it's just sort of "stuns" them. you then have to deliver the fatal blow with your foot or rolled up newspaper/magazine.

Here's the link:
http://www.stupid.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=store&Product_Code=ZAPP

happy zapping.

** ps... sorry to the bug lovers of the forum **

jiorji
July 17th, 2006, 11:51 AM
....but it's more fun to swat them around with your paw and make them dizzy and then smack them again when they start crawling again. ANd then 5 minutes later lose interest and wonder off and leave the bug sprawled on your owner's pillow :evil:

.....sometimes they make a good snack, especially when your owner puts you on a diet cos your cat bum is too chubby

jessi76
July 17th, 2006, 12:28 PM
....but it's more fun to swat them around with your paw and make them dizzy and then smack them again when they start crawling again.

I completely agree, however, some bugs are dangerous.

my youngest cat actually got stung in the eye 2 yrs ago. it was a very expensive trip to the animal ER when her eye swelled shut. I now keep them all away from the dangerous bugs... the harmless ones I don't zap anyways, that's just mean. it's just those that divebomb your head with the intent to take a CHUNK out of you, or those incessant deer/horse flies that circle your head, driving you insane.

jesse's mommy
July 17th, 2006, 05:01 PM
This thing is so much fun! We used to have one and had so much fun with it until Jesse ate it. (No, it didn't zap her.)

Brat
July 17th, 2006, 05:06 PM
any bugs that enter my house have alraedy lost their battle. my cats have a field day with them.

jiorji
July 17th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I completely agree, however, some bugs are dangerous.

yes of course. I don't let them play with wasps or bugs that are bigger than 5 mm's.

But big bugs don't really venture in my house as i live in an apartment and only small ones from my balcony plants decide to come in.

Prin
July 17th, 2006, 10:12 PM
That looks cool. The regular zappers are morally illegal for biologists (especially ecologists) because 94% or something of the bugs they kill are non-biters that are essential to the ecosystem. This way, you pick who gets zapped.:thumbs up