Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

online photo developing

wdawson
July 16th, 2006, 10:41 AM
what store do people use? i use walmart online. i sent a pic at 9:55 this morning and at 10:12 am the pic is ready for pick up , talk about fast.

CyberKitten
July 16th, 2006, 01:34 PM
I've never used any - I take digital photos almost all the time and if I do use an old fashioned type camera, I do have them developed usually at WalMart and then if I need to dogitalize them, scan them myself. I often simply place my photos on a Pocket PC or Blackberry and show my pets (and nieces) and the occasional landscape that way.

jiorji
July 16th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I don't use online photo PRINTING...it's not called developing unless it's a regular film roll. Developing refers to the chemicals and the film reacting against each other to produce the negative. (sorry...i used to work in a photo lab:D )

that being said....if i were to use online photo printing i'd use photolab.ca...which you see in local Loblaws or Fortinos grocery stores. There may be others but I don't know which. The reason as to why i prefer them is because they use the same photo lab printer that Black's Photography uses, which I used when I used to work in the photo lab, and it's a pretty darn good machine too! When I used to work at B's...they used to brag how their picture services were so expensive because of the quality...but well....Loblaws now has the same devices for half that price :D

I once developed my film at Walmart and they selectively chose to not print some pictures. It was a BW roll and the prints were given to me in a nasty blue tone. :yuck:

Writing4Fun
July 16th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Costco. $0.18 for a 4X6 print and they were ready a few hours after I put the order through.

trippincherri
July 16th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I myself stumbled across this place on the net called Bonusprint Pix. You send them your photos online and they mail them to you. Perfect for someone like me who lives in Nowhereville and can't go to Walmart and Costco everyday. **SNIFF**
But ya for 37 pics I sent plus the postage to mail it here from SWEDEN! It came to $8.40, plus they are very good quality..and you can order any size you wish....as long as you can wait 10 days to get them. I highly recommend them.

Byrd
February 5th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I like the price, I went to bonus prints Canadian site and it's $0.13 per print, compared to Walmart or Costco that's a $0.06 savings per print. When you're like me and have 400 regulars and a couple of 5x7's you need cheap. The only problem is I can't find a wallet size option.

So, they are 100% safe, you've never been 'taken' by them. They want credit card so it is worrying.

Lukka'sma
February 6th, 2007, 09:00 AM
I just put the picture card in my printer and change the ink to photo and the paper to photo paper, push the button and print away.

trippincherri
February 6th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Hey Byrd,
No I have never been taken by them, I trusted them with my credit card info and all. It is a secure site so I figured why not?
And I too DLed the program from Canada's site and was surprised when the pics arrived postmarked from SWEDEN!
Ever since they have always came from Sweden, so whatever I don't care as long as the pics get here.

Byrd
February 6th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Okay, cool.

Thanks, I will give them a try.

I wish they had wallet sized too. :sad: