-->

separate forums for cat/dog

downloader
July 15th, 2006, 10:21 PM
how about spliting the general discussion group? one for cats and one for dogs

www.bluewhippet.net

glasslass
July 15th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I like the two together. I'm afraid I'd miss a lot of great posts about cats if they were split. I don't initiate many posts about cats since I lost Puss-Puss a year and a half ago, but I do still love them and love hearing about them.

LibbyP
July 16th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I have to agree with glasslass (IMO) I think if the two were split I'd miss out on alot of different threads, and I think alot of members would stick to there 'own kind', this way if you have something to offer your more likely to do so.

mastifflover
July 16th, 2006, 06:18 AM
No I learn about cats by reading the posts. I am a dog person but I want to know more about kittys too

chico2
July 16th, 2006, 06:48 AM
I agree,I am an"animal-person"and although I only have 3 cats,I also love to read about dogs:thumbs up

Rottielover
July 16th, 2006, 06:51 AM
not only that most people that have a dog have a cat too, so why seperate them

Frenchy
July 16th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I don't want to be separated from anyone!:grouphug: he he

gomez
July 16th, 2006, 08:57 AM
We used to have cats for many years, and even though Gomez is a dog, I can still offer a lot of input for cats - so I'm with keeping them together!

koalat
July 16th, 2006, 09:22 AM
I couldn't even imagine separating the forum, as I like others on here have a real menagerie of animals living with me.

My family is made up of: 2 dogs, 1 cat and 5 lizards. In the past we had even more animals living with us all at one time which consisted of: 3 dogs, 14 lizards, 1 hedgehog, a rabbit, a conure and a canary! :crazy:

I was never a cat person until Aminnou's mother showed up at our house after the summer camping season was over. I believe she was too young to have kittens and once she had them and saw that we were looking after them since she wasn't as much, she left and we never saw her again.

I have no idea how I suddenly became non-allergic to Aminnou and his brothers but since I've had Aminnou in the house for the past 3 years I've been fine. He does not even affect my asthma either.