Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A hot day!

chico2
July 15th, 2006, 03:29 PM
A few pics of my boys on a very hot summerday,for anyone who does not know,they were not outside on their own.
Vinnie and Rocky having a little tumble!

chico2
July 15th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Chico,forever the cool dude,looking on:D

chico2
July 15th, 2006, 03:31 PM
end of scuffle..

chico2
July 15th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Rocky feeling important:D

chico2
July 15th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Vinnie conked out after a long hot day:D

glasslass
July 15th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Chico, your kitties always look so healthy, happy, and content!

LibbyP
July 16th, 2006, 12:42 AM
I love the pics chico2, my Ruby was laying belly up this afternoon as well, first time I think I've seen her do that, it must be hot as usually she's quite the :queen: bee around here. (Q) How much do your boys weigh, from the pics they all look like large boys is this true? Like glasslass said they look very healthy,happy and content:pawprint:

chico2
July 16th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Thank's,they are healthy:fingerscr ,happy and a bit spoiled,especially now,since we are here for them 24/7.
I don't think they are all that big,I've seen much bigger cats especially at HS.
Rocky is 16lb's,Chico 17lb's and I just weighed Vinnie he too is 16lb's.

Rottielover
July 16th, 2006, 06:53 AM
how do you keep them in your yard, and not run away. If tigger ever got outside, it would be bye bye kitty

chico2
July 16th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Rottielover,it's a long process of training,starting from kitten-hood and a harness:D It is very possible to train a cat.
It helps that we are completely fenced in on all sides,have a good size backyard with trees and bushes and we are always out with them.
I have no worry about Rocky,he NEVER attempted to jump the fence,Vinnie and Chico have,but we usually notice right away and find them just sniffing around on the other side,we open the gate and they guiltily run back inside,it's only happend a couple of times,they know they are doing wrong.
Usually,the first 10min or so,they'll be running around sniffing everywhere but after a while they'll settle down and just lay around enjoying the outdoors,especially in this heat.
Yesterday,they were outside from 9:30am-2pm,while we were gardening,swimming etc..and when we go inside they willingly come when called.
Another thing,when we say"Wanna go out?"they all line up at the patio-door,waiting to have their collars put on:thumbs up

glasslass
July 16th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Another thing,when we say"Wanna go out?"they all line up at the patio-door,waiting to have their collars put on:thumbs up

THAT requires another picture!

Golden Girls
July 16th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Your boys are gorgeous Chico ... so clean and happy. They don't look spoiled at all - just :love: a whole lot :thumbs up

CyberKitten
July 16th, 2006, 12:03 PM
What cute pix!! They do indeed look like they are enjoying themselves.

YY goes out in my fenced back yard too but she is still on a harness - long one but I never let her there alone. And a meezer never likes to be alone anyway sooo... She loves the heat - but being white, I don't want her in the sun for too long. (I have seen too many pictures of white cats with skin cancer!) For obvious reasons, the Sphynx Girls are strictly indoor kitties - even at 30C!

Thanx for sharing such great photos!

chico2
July 16th, 2006, 01:22 PM
CK,they are smart enough to stay out of the sun,I have lots of shady spots.
Also when they've had enough of the heat,they go to the door and cool off inside.
As for pics at the patio-door waiting,I'll check if I have any,otherwise I'll take one tomorrow:D
Thank's for the compliments,we wuv our kitties very much!!!

poodletalk
July 16th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I could only wish my neighbors five cats were so well trained.

One of their cats was in my tree trying to get to a squirel, I had get the cat out of the tree so he wouldn't hurt the squirel.

jiorji
July 16th, 2006, 02:02 PM

oh i'd love to see that!!

My kittes go out once a day in the evening as the balcony's too hot during the day and their paws hurt walking on it :(
But if i pretend to forget to let them out , my smallest one goes to the door and meows . I have to watch them as the other day they wondered off along the balcony to sniff my neighbour's bike, and i don't like walking by people's windows at night. SPooky :crazy:

Your picture skills are getting better and better chico!:thumbs up :thumbs up

chico2
July 16th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Poodletalk,I only had one cat,many years ago(about 30),whom I let roam....when we got him,he was already an outdoor cat.
One morning when he did not come home,I found him in a snowdrift left by the plow,very dead:sad:
I would NEVER again risk my cats lives on our busy street or any other danger out there.
They depend on us to keep them safe.
Vinnie sometimes chases squirrels,but when he gets close enough to catch one,he stops,as if he does not know what to do:D
Anyways,I would never let him hurt a squirrel,I feed them every day:love:

chico2
July 17th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Well,here they are:D not perfectly lined up but....
Chico,the boss,always first:pawprint:

chico2
July 17th, 2006, 09:22 AM
I just don't think I'll move much today:D