Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think my cat has gone to the dark side!

bluequeen
July 13th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Okay so here's the story, I'm gonna try and make this as short as I can lol..
3 weeks ago my friend moved in with her cat..first night my cat(Riley)and her cat(Jazmine) had an all out cat fight (no playing involved!) Since then Jaz has been locked in my friend's room and we will lock up Riley once in a while and let Jazz roam. We have another cat in the house (gizmo) but she's pretty laid back and doesn't really care for much except sleep and food hahaha..
Last week Riley was in heat (long story but she is getting fixed soon) she came out yesterday and has turned back into an evil cat! She hisses when you walk past her, swats at your feet, meows when you walk towards her..and even attacks Gizmo (they have been living together for over a year)..Jazmine sits in her room and growls and hisses and Riley isn't even near the door! I feel Riley is just acting slightly territorial but it's everywhere in the house now (before it was just on the stairs)..I have introduced her to water since last night, which she doesn't like AT ALL but she has never acted like this before and NEVER towards me...We can't introduce the cats when they are like this as I feel we are just asking for trouble and Jazmine does not have claws so it may be a slightly unfair fight...But what do we do??? I don't want my cat being angry and mean all the time but I dont know how to make her snap out of it??? Pleeeeeease help...

bluequeen
July 15th, 2006, 01:25 PM
No one has any ideas???

Hunter's_owner
July 15th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Sorry, I really don't have any ideas. My friend has 2 cats that don't like dogs too much. Well 1 doesn't like them at alll, and the other can tolerate them to some extent. Anyways, when a dog visits the house, they get angry, but it doesn't last, and they don't take it out on anything but the dog...

I really don't know what to say about your cat:sad:
Hopefully it will get better...

badger
July 15th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I think once you have her spayed, things will improve. From her point of view, her diva status is under threat. I'm assuming the other cat is already fixed.
I've heard that integrating two females is more difficult. You may have to settle for tolerance as opposed to best buds.
Rescue Remedy might help.