Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

PUP looks like he is Bow-Legged ??

Rockblind
July 12th, 2006, 09:31 PM
My 8 week old BLM looks like he is bow-legged, when you watch him walk from behind his back legs are far apart and then look curved ?? I have had many dogs, before Chessies and currently have a CLF and I have not seen that before, is this something natural/normal or should I be concerned, I will be seeing the vet in the next week and will ask him the very same question.

Thanks,

RB

OntarioGreys
July 12th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Not everyone may know what breeds you are referring to,

I am guessing BLM = Bullmastiff, a Chessie = Chesapeake Bay Retriever ????

CLF = I haven't a clue

technodoll
July 12th, 2006, 10:38 PM
hmmm wild guess here... Black Lab Male, and Chocolate Lab Female? :confused:

Prin
July 12th, 2006, 11:44 PM
I think blm is black lab male... I don't know if 8 weeks is too young to tell if legs will malform... What does your breeder say about it?

Definitely bring it up with the vet. S/he might have suggestions to promote normal growth if his legs are abnormal.

Rockblind
July 13th, 2006, 05:38 AM
hmmm wild guess here... Black Lab Male, and Chocolate Lab Female? :confused:

Correct on the abbreveations, sorry guys for the acronoums, just lazy typing. Plus on another hunting site they used that all the time.

mastifflover
July 13th, 2006, 06:17 AM
I thinks it may be too early to tell but I would talk to the breeder. Were the dogs parents tested before breeding for any genetic health defects? I still think it is too early

Kerrye
July 13th, 2006, 06:39 AM
You might want to have the puppy checked for rickets - possible vitamin deficientcy - just a thought.