Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My pets

koalat
July 12th, 2006, 04:15 PM
In this thread I'll post some of my pets both past and present.

This one is of my cat, Aminnou, who loves water. I believe he's also part beaver thanks to his morning ritual of waking us up by gnawing on the footboard of my bed, sniff sniff, yes, he's made a nice mess but he realizes that the minute I hear him do that I'm up and out of bed in a flash. You can also see where I got the rest of his name from (Phantom Menace) - he really is but love him to bits.

Jackie467
July 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
He's so cute. I like the brown around his mouth.

koalat
July 12th, 2006, 04:25 PM
This was a picture of my dog with our hedgehog that we used to have. It's still my favorite picture of all. Great memories to have.:D

Jackie467
July 12th, 2006, 04:29 PM
That is so cute! I'v never seen a dog and a hedgehog interact.

koalat
July 12th, 2006, 04:33 PM
That is so cute! I'v never seen a dog and a hedgehog interact.

Actually the only interaction was Patch watching Spikey. Spikey once tried to nip at Patch's paw and that was it - Patch was scared stiff after that but always wanted to be around him and used to look out for him anyway.

koalat
July 12th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Here's one of my husband's babies - I look after the dogs, cat, and he looks after his 5 lizards: 1 leopard gecko, 1 crocodile gecko, 1 giant day gecko and 2 bearded dragons! Yes, we call ourselves the house with the mini zoo! I wouldn't have it any other way either.

Frenchy
July 12th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Beautiful (and very different) family!Kids must go nuts when they go to your place!More pics more pics :)

koalat
July 16th, 2006, 08:42 AM
This is my friend's baby, Cayenne - Nova Scotia Duck Toller, who I am babysitting for the next 3 weeks. He's adorable but forgot how hyper puppies are vs. my two senior dogs!:pawprint:

Frenchy
July 16th, 2006, 08:44 AM
I can see the mischief in his eyes!Good luck.

koalat
July 16th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Geiko Insurance anyone? :)

Here's one of my hubby's lizards, you've seen ones like it on tv for sure if you seen the above commercials.

glasslass
July 16th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Oh yeah! Mischief for sure! I've never thought of lizards as pets. Are they interactive? Does Aminnou leave them alone?

koalat
July 16th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Oh yeah! Mischief for sure! I've never thought of lizards as pets. Are they interactive? Does Aminnou leave them alone?

For some reason Aminnou's favorite is Jazz and we believe it's because he's the most active of all of them and as his cage is in our bedroom and is at eye level and higher than the cat, this gives him the perfect view. There seems to be some respect between the two of them and we can't figure out why but they both look at each other and stare for the longest time, it's really quite funny.

We don't play with all of the lizards as the bearded dragons (2 of them) are in their own cage in the living room and don't mind being handled but are company for each other, the others are all in their own cages with their hiding spots, heated mats, lighting, etc. They are beautiful to watch. We got Jazz from a breeder and were told he was around 6 when we got him and that he couldn't be tames as he had only been used to breed. He bit the hubby when we got home and tried to transfer him into his cage and drew blood. Needless to say, we only feed him and clean his cage and give him his space but he seems very happy and healthy.

The small crocodile gecko is my favorite and I picked him up from a pet store when I saw him in an aquarium with other lizards much bigger than him. I bought him right away to get him out of there and he's been a very happy lizard ever since.

jiorji
July 16th, 2006, 02:06 PM
You know, cats know not to attack another family pet.
When my guinea pig used to live with us(she now resides with the parents), when she;d come out of the cage the cats would run up to greet her and lick her. It was so cute. So i'm not surprised your cat hasn't attacked the lizard.

Lovely pets you have. I'd love to see some close up pictures of the hedgehog :)

koalat
July 16th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Here's my favorite picture of Spikey alone. He was great and is still missed after almost 5 years now.

jiorji
July 16th, 2006, 10:36 PM
he's adorable! :love: