Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hey all you ex smokers

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 11th, 2006, 10:39 PM
:D

Just checking in with all of you that have quit that evil habit - :evil: or if your still trying you can do it !:thumbs up

Here are my stats Your Quit Date is:Tuesday, February 21, 2006 at 12:00:00 PM
Time Smoke-Free:139 days, 14 hours, 17 minutes and 24 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked:977
Lifetime Saved:7 days, 11 hours
Money Saved:$392.00

Can I spend the 392 bucks think I already over spend on other things. Also happy to report I have almost lost the ten pounds I gained 4 more to go and have cut way back on junk - Although I do like my chips on Sundays. Joey and I walk most mornings and I do step classes and weight training classes at my gym.

The new challenge will be with my new job as it will be somewhat similar to my old job at the call centre - I dont want to go back to that person I was back then though. ;)

Prin
July 11th, 2006, 11:25 PM
congrats on the smoke-free...ness...:D
:highfive: :highfive:
You forgot to tally up the 139 days added to your life to spend more time with your kids' kids.

happycats
July 12th, 2006, 06:13 AM
I quit January 1999 !
My hubby and I did it together, it was much easier that way, I don;t think I could have quit if he still smoked (way to tempting) We quit cold turkey (well I used st. Johns wort) We have been smoke free ever since. I know that if I just have one puff, I would be addicted again, so I have never even had a puff.

The pros, (there are sooooooo many) my cloths, house, hair, car, smell so much better. I don;t cough anymore, I don't have to paint once a year to hide that lovely yellow hue on the walls. More money, haven't had Bronchitis since quitting, I can run up stairs without passing out, have a healthier child, (I quit before I became pregnant), I don;t have to sneak out for a smoke break at work, and my cats I'm sure are much healthier without breathing in that second hand smoke full time:)

lewisw
July 12th, 2006, 08:34 AM
I quit 10 years ago and still wish my wife would have quit with me.
She still smokes 15 yrs later and gotta tell you seperate closets for our cloths and the fact she smokes in the garage in the winter and on the deck in the summer helps.

BUT THE best is NO SMOKING in restraunts as I always sat for her in smoking sections and the temptation to smoke 10 yrs laters is still always there.
Happy NOW that no smoking in restraunts means she leaves to go outside and smoke during dinners!!!!

papillonmama
July 12th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I quit seven or eight years ago (what year is it again, jk), I was with someone else then and he made me quit with him. I didn't want to at the time, I had serious chest pains when I quit and because of them, I'll never smoke again. Wouldn't you know it though, he started smoking again a couple of months later, needless to say our relationship was burning out anyway.
Sometimes I wish I had a cigarette, but then I ignore the temptation, and I'm back to my regular grumpy self. :) Honestly though, I don't think smoking made me any nicer, just stinkier, and I had an excuse to walk out on tense moments.
Oh and something great I can smell things again, I can actually smell roses and they really do have a fragrance. :eek:

erykah1310
July 12th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Hmm? i havent quit yet, dont know what im waiting for???
Should get my a$$ in gear before its "too late"
Gonna need y'all when i do decide!
I guess i should get cracking

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 12th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Good luck Erykah I joined on line support group and picked a quit day - you wont regret it when you do decide - its hard but you will feel so much better once you do - and more in control. Plus all the more lung capacity to play with those fur babies. :D