Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Strange behavior for cat

koalat
July 11th, 2006, 08:45 PM
My cat, Aminnou, loves water! In fact, when my hubby was in the bathtub he even went to far as to jump on his stomach and lay there and paddle the water with his paws! Does anyone else have cats that love water so much? :crazy:

Another thing he also does is to only drink out of the dog's water dish. He has his own but refuses to drink out of there and only uses it to either drop his food into and then scoop out with his paw and eat or to play in like a swimming pool. He gets the whole counter top flooded each time he does this.

Sometimes I wonder if it's because he hasn't known any other cats since we found homes for his brothers and he's been with my dogs the whole time (now 3 years later).

joeysmama
July 11th, 2006, 09:38 PM
It sounds to me as though Annimou is a real character. Too cute ! Do you have any pictures of this eccentric guy?

rainbow
July 16th, 2006, 06:36 PM
My cats used to come in the shower when they were younger. Now they wait until I'm out and then they jump in and play with the drips. :D They also have only ever drank from the dog's water bowl so I took theirs away.

koalat
July 16th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Here's a great picture of Aminnou with Chelsea. She's his favorite and it was with her that he used to cuddle when he was a kitten. He used to use his paws to settle himself right beside her stomach to keep warm and he slept like that with her until he was almost an adult. Now he still tries to cuddle with her especially during cold winter nights.