Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Popcorn toes?

Stacer
July 11th, 2006, 06:28 PM
So my brother has told me on several occasions that between his dog's footpads smell like popcorn. He claims that dogs belonging to other people he knows also have popcorn toes. Does anyone else's dog have this phenomenon? Or is my brother crazy? Go smell your dog's toes!:D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 11th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Nope no popcorn smell - but I did get a free kiss out of the deal :D

glasslass
July 11th, 2006, 06:48 PM
More like old man's stinky feet!

PetFriendly
July 11th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Freshly cut grass with a hint of dish soap (used to kill earwigs, not wash the dog ;) )

technodoll
July 11th, 2006, 07:31 PM
tooootally popcorn! i've been saying that for years, LOL! sometimes smells like Fritots or Saltine crackers... hmmm... :rolleyes:

kaytris
July 11th, 2006, 07:40 PM
My purebred lab has frito feet, but my lab mix has odourless tootsies.

What always cracks me up about this is I told my brother this, and he was absolutely and entirely convinced that I was playing a practical joke on him, and flatly refused to get anywhere near the feet. Never did convince him otherwise...

Stacer
July 11th, 2006, 09:26 PM
i'll have to let him know that not everyone's pooch has popcorn toes.

OntarioGreys
July 11th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Fritos footsies here !!!! As long as they have not stepped in a pile of poop first

phoenix
July 11th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Frito feet here!!!
Such cute little toes...

LavenderRott
July 11th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Well, everyone knows that rottweiler feet smell like Frito's!! :D

Shaykeija
July 11th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Wow a lot of four footed foot fetish people in here:p . No smell from my girls feet.

mafiaprincess
July 11th, 2006, 11:28 PM
No cheese feet here.

Prin
July 11th, 2006, 11:38 PM
My old dobie smelled like doritoes, but these two just smell like grass...

jiorji
July 12th, 2006, 12:41 AM
eewwww ...a wet dog smells bad enough , but they have smelly feet too?? You dog owners are crazy!:crazy:
popcorn smells kinda nice actually

*goes to smell her kitty's feet which smell like sweet perfume* :rolleyes:

Skryker
July 12th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Frito's feet for sure! My friend's corgis both had frito feet, too.:D Wonder what does it.

Skryker
July 12th, 2006, 01:20 AM
*goes to smell her kitty's feet which smell like sweet perfume* :rolleyes:

lmao! Maybe if you use scented cat litter-although I wouldn't call that "sweet perfume".

jiorji
July 12th, 2006, 10:16 AM
hehehe no i don't

but my cats are only indoor cats, with the occasional balcony romp so they don't really smell bad. And I can definetly understand why a doggy's feet would smell. But the cuteness and tail wags make up for the smell i\'m sure:D

Dog Mom
July 12th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Well since reading this I HAD :) to go and smell everone's feet, and they all smell like doritos except Zoe, her's don't have a smell. wierd eh!?

angie79
July 12th, 2006, 10:24 AM
popcorn, I wonder if its from walking in thier pee?

Lise
July 12th, 2006, 10:51 AM
I've been saying Molly's feet smell like popcorn since we got her,husband thinks I'm nuts,but they do.Only her though Tessa's and Nell's don't they smell like grass usually.At least I'm not the only one who notices what their dogs feet smell like.Thankyou!

Dog Dancer
July 12th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Hmm - never checked but now I have an excuse to buy a bag of Frito's so I can compare it...

happycats
July 12th, 2006, 12:15 PM
LOL I'm thinking, anyone in the room with you guys as you leave your PC to go smell your dogs tootsies,(then return to type the results) must think you are totally crazy!!:crazy: :crazy: :D

Lise
July 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM
It's Molly's fault I started playing with her feet.When we first got her she was really bad for doing her nails,so I started just playing with her feet when we were watching TV.She now seems to like it and I can do her nails without her turning into maniac dog.That's why I know her feet smell wonderful!

SnowDancer
July 12th, 2006, 12:56 PM
My Eskimo's feet smell like burnt popcorn - apparently quite common to the breed.

joeysmama
July 12th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Except for right after a bath or a grooming Joey's feet always smelled like popcorn !! Too funny !!

I just smelled Cooper's feet and I think there's a hint of popcorn there but he was just groomed so it's hard to say.

RaYne
July 12th, 2006, 02:16 PM
More like old man's stinky feet!

LMAO! That's what I say about my Saints feet. Stinky old man feet. Not that I smell them on purpose. He likes to stick them in your face. LOL

Stacer
July 12th, 2006, 05:19 PM
So my bro's not crazy. But Frito feet seem to be dominant. Hmm...are there glands between the pads that could be causing particular smells?

Prin
July 12th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Makes you wonder where the natural flavors in fritos come from, no? (If there are any natural flavors in them...)

kaytris
July 12th, 2006, 05:22 PM
dogs sweat through their feet, so I imagine what we smell is doggy BO.

:p

Dog Dancer
July 12th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Think of the money we could save if our BO smelled like popcorn or fritos.

Jackie467
July 12th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Oh my, I thought you were all insane but Candi's feet smell like fritos. That is the craziest thing I have ever heard of.

Stacer
July 12th, 2006, 06:33 PM
mwah ha ha. My plan is working, I'll have all of North America smelling their dog's feet by friday.:evil:

pamha
July 14th, 2006, 12:32 AM
After telling my kids about this thread, my daughter had to try it. She says Lola`s feet smell like CHEETOS. I think I`ll take her word for it :yuck:

Esaunders
July 21st, 2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks to you all I was sniffing my puppy's toes last night ... popcorn it is. :crazy:

The funniest thing of all is that my BF came over, checked too and agreed with me.

We are all insane... :eek: :D :clown:

rainbow
July 21st, 2006, 07:14 PM
LOL...I just read this. I'll have to check my boys toes and get back to you. :D

greaterdane
July 21st, 2006, 08:13 PM
Atticus' smell like cheese popcorn, and Cyps are starting to as well. I heard this was common for the breed. Ozzy's feet dont really smell at all and the chihuahuas feet are pretty well odorless.

rainbow
July 22nd, 2006, 04:48 PM
Popcorn it is - for both my boys !!! :D