Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

This guy makes David Blane look like David LAME

HunterXHunter
July 11th, 2006, 10:44 AM
If you like magic/illusions, then you must check this out (along with the "Explore More Related Videos" on the side to see a whole bunch of other ones with Cyril Takayama (the magician) in it.

Check it out. I assure you, you will be amazed!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V049FwAPKQY&mode=related&search=

I think the only good magician/illusionist out there right now is Criss Angel (MindFreak) and Cyril Takayama. IMHO, David Blane's stunts aren't that impressive...hanging from a box without food for a few days!? That's not spectacular! That's everyday life in some 3rd world countries! (with the exception of hanging from a box) :rolleyes:

lewisw
July 11th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Pretty amazing.

But Chris Angel really mindfreaks me out and I tape every show of his.

Some of them are a little gross like the swalling of the quarter and then you see it travelling under his skin to his wrists which he slits with an exacto and extracts the bloody quarter!!!

Gross but total mindfreak!

HunterXHunter
July 11th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Pretty amazing.

But Chris Angel really mindfreaks me out and I tape every show of his.

Some of them are a little gross like the swalling of the quarter and then you see it travelling under his skin to his wrists which he slits with an exacto and extracts the bloody quarter!!!

Gross but total mindfreak!

And let's not forget about the one where he walked on top of water in a swimming pool with people...:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lewisw
July 11th, 2006, 12:23 PM
And let's not forget about the one where he walked on top of water in a swimming pool with people...:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I saw that one. Can you believe the angle from below when the girl swam under his feet !!!!

HunterXHunter
July 11th, 2006, 12:28 PM
I just like how Criss takes some ordinary magic/illusions and adds his own twists to it, and suddenly it's like "OM*G DID YOU SEE THAT!!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: "

Schwinn
July 11th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I was really into Criss Angel for a while, then I found out how he does some of his tricks, including an exerpt from one of his videos. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone here, but I was a little disappointed. I don't really watch anymore. :(

HunterXHunter
July 11th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I was really into Criss Angel for a while, then I found out how he does some of his tricks, including an exerpt from one of his videos. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone here, but I was a little disappointed. I don't really watch anymore. :(

...where did you find that?

jesse's mommy
July 11th, 2006, 04:49 PM
My honey is a magician and he absolutely hates David Blane. He says David Blane is not a magician he is an exhibitionist. What's so magical about what he does? Granted some of his "street" tricks were neat, but nothing that hasn't been seen before. Anyway, Criss Angel has some neat stuff, but I agree with Schwinn -- if you only knew. After seeing the amount of magicians I've seen, I'm not too crazy about Criss Angel -- I think there is better. I personally like Jay Sankey. I like his quickness with his mind and his mouth and an old one, I like Tom Mullica. He has had some pretty neat routines. I think Daryl is pretty good too, but he doesn't doo many shows he mostly designs a lot of tricks and makes a lot of teaching videos. I've seen all the videos and know all the tricks, but will never reveal them out of respect. I like Bill Malone's Sam the Bellhop card routine. I think is very well thought out.

jesse's mommy
July 11th, 2006, 04:51 PM
IMHO, David Blane's stunts aren't that impressive...hanging from a box without food for a few days!? That's not spectacular! That's everyday life in some 3rd world countries! (with the exception of hanging from a box) :rolleyes:

Actually that thing that David Blane did where he stood on top of the pole (or whatever it was) for however long he did it, is actually a passage to manhood in some third world countries. If people would only do research they would realize David Blane is nothing but a hack who was discovered at a party by a drunk Leonardo DiCaprio. :rolleyes:

Schwinn
July 11th, 2006, 06:14 PM
...where did you find that?
Do a search for Criss Angle on Youtube.com, you should be able to find it there.

Also, I did a lot a research on the internet, and went through a lot of discussions. I wouldn't want to reveal anything here out of respect for everyone else (my step-father was VERY angry with me once when I explained how a trick was done.) If you watch closely enough, you can sometimes see his "tell".

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 11th, 2006, 06:52 PM
How come all those people are there and he doesnt offer anyone a hamburger - would he not consider that someone may be hungry, instead of just eating them all himself - if I was taking hamburgers off of a poster and eating them I would at least offer them to my guests. :mad: :D

Puppyluv
July 11th, 2006, 07:06 PM
How come all those people are there and he doesnt offer anyone a hamburger - would he not consider that someone may be hungry, instead of just eating them all himself - if I was taking hamburgers off of a poster and eating them I would at least offer them to my guests. :mad: :D
I thought about that for a sec, and then realised, if I was there, would I REALLY want to eat a hamburger that's been squeezed between someone's hands? NO!! :yuck:

heidiho
July 11th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Ok if anyone knows how that hot a** magician chris angel walks on water and across rooftops please please send me a private email telling me cause i cannot figure it out and am DYING TO KNOW HOW THANK U

Puppyluv
July 11th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Only watch this if you actually want to see how he levitates:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRMHmnr4b60&search=Chris%20Angel
If you watch it, and didn't really want to know, it's not my fault :p

jesse's mommy
July 11th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Ok if anyone knows how that hot a** magician chris angel walks on water and across rooftops please please send me a private email telling me cause i cannot figure it out and am DYING TO KNOW HOW THANK U

Can't do that don't you know? It wouldn't be right to those who have perfected it and work so hard. My honey did it professionally for ten years. The only true entertainer on TV that he appreciates is Deren Brown. If you go to Vegas and want to see a big show, go see Lance Burton. If you want to see a good comedy parlor show find Matt King. If you really want to see a magician better than David Blane or Criss Angel go to any Applebees on Kids night when they have someone blowing balloons -- same tricks, no TV show. He also said that Cyril is really good, but unfortunately hasn't really made it over to North America yet, but he is sure he will in the very near future.

RVT092481
July 11th, 2006, 10:24 PM
When I saw the hamburger video my first thought was that he could use that to cure world hunger! They wouldn't care if it came out of a poster!:D