Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Writers, I need help!

jesse's mommy
July 10th, 2006, 07:23 PM
A friend of mine that I've known literally since I was born (Her mom and my mom are best friends) just had a baby and I want to send her a fruit bouquet. Here's my problem, I cannot write out a greeting for the life of me. I'm the absolute worse person to write these things out. Can anyone thing of something nice to say that isn't too mushy and gross? I'm good at coming up with funny things, but mushy isn't my forte. Thanks.

By the way, our friendship is different. We are friends, but we aren't best friends. It's the kind that we will always be there for each other and always just pick up where we left off, but we don't talk that often or even email or anything like that. It's one of those back burner friendships, but we are always there for each other if that makes any kind of sense. I want it to be personal, but not gross mushy personal, but I don't want it to be too casual like "Congratulations on your new bundle of joy" because we know each other better than that.

jesse's mommy
July 10th, 2006, 07:33 PM
By the way, this is what I'm sending. Pretty cool huh?

jesse's mommy
July 10th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Awww come on. There has to be a Hallmark greeting card writer here. PPPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSEEE. :D I can't send the order without a card. :o

Frenchy
July 10th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Looks yummy! Well,I can't help you with your card except if you want it to be in french!:D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 10th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I am not good at those things either and I hate mushy but here goes.

Welcome to the world baby (insert babies name here). We hope that you and your mommy and daddy enjoy many happy moments together.... :)

and if you let them get some sleep maybe they will get you a nice shiney Play Station in a few years. :D (does she have a sense of humour I would put that in but thats just me)

Hugs

Jesses Mommy

BMDLuver
July 10th, 2006, 08:07 PM
is it a first baby?

jesse's mommy
July 10th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Thank you so much! That's exactly what I was looking for, but I changed Playstation to a shiny car -- Woo Hoo! Yes it's the first baby, they named her Sophia.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 10th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Your welcome Jesses Mommy. Yes girls arent too into playstations cars are much better. :D

Bye the way is the gift edible?

Schwinn
July 10th, 2006, 08:18 PM
First thing that came to my mind when I saw the bouquet had something referencing "fruit of your loins"...how close are you? ;)

jesse's mommy
July 10th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Yep the entire thing is edible. I've always found that new mothers appreciate a gift like this because it's easy to snack on as they are adjusting to the changes. In the past new mothers have also commented on how easy it was to just pull out of the fridge when people stop by to see the baby so they didn't have to worry about entertaining. And my friend LOVES fruit.

jesse's mommy
July 10th, 2006, 08:20 PM
First thing that came to my mind when I saw the bouquet had something referencing "fruit of your loins"...how close are you? ;)

Too funny Schwinn.

glasslass
July 10th, 2006, 08:24 PM
The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. I know your little one is a keeper!

Prin
July 11th, 2006, 12:00 AM
ooo fruits of your labor? :o

Puppyluv
July 11th, 2006, 06:15 AM
ooo fruits of your labor? :o
Prin Prin Prin, I know this is Quebec, but it's still Canada.... laboUr!

Edited to say: oh right Jesse's Mommy is in the States.... :o

Sunkist/Winnie
July 11th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Strawberries are Red
Blueberriess are blue
Glad to hear
You've made your debut!

Corny I know...but I love roses are red, violets are blue poems :)

Schwinn
July 11th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
This poem doesn't rhyme,
But your new son's too young to know

Prin
July 11th, 2006, 10:09 PM
lol pUppylUv. My generation (lol) was caught in the backlash. My brother learned the labour and neighbour and all that but then for my years, they changed it back saying why the hey would they complicate it more when 99% of the kids can't spell anyway. So my vocabulary is 1/2 imperial and 1/2 metric.:D

btw, great rhymes...

Roses are red,
violets are blue,
First came your head
And then the rest of you with some goo.