Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

licks EVERYTHING!

MollysMommy
July 10th, 2006, 08:14 PM
So Nemo, my new puppy is really into licking EVERYTHING from the couch to me to Molly. But he is a puppy after all. Is he just curious about how everything tastes? It's not incessant, but it's noticeable. Do dogs with squashed faces not smell as well as dogs with longer snouts? And maybe that's his way of compensating for it? I'm just throwing out ideas here because I have no clue. I'm in no way worried, but I'm really curious.

By the way, here are some pics of him. He's such a cutie. Although, I'm really looking forward to his coat growing longer.

MollysMommy
July 10th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Nemo and Molly playing together:

jesse's mommy
July 10th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Nemo is a little cutie pie! As for the licking I think some dogs just do it. Jesse is an obsessive compulsive licker. She will not stop until you are absolutely clean. :p

OntarioGreys
July 10th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Very cute little guy,

Nikki is also a licker, over time I noticed a pattern , her licking became worse when she was feeling stressed, she was using licking as a means to her calm herself down.

MollysMommy
July 11th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Now that I think of it, he does tend to lick more when he is excited. Maybe that does have something to do with it. Good call OntarioGreys.