Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Unknown death in healthy cat

ghowell302
July 10th, 2006, 12:14 PM
I need a little help with this one....my 13 year old, very healthy cat, just up & died July 4th...he was eating every meal, using his litter box, and on that day, he ate his breakfast, walked into my bathroom, laid down & died....is there any reason that could have caused it? I don't have money for an autopsy, but it is very mystifying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

paula383
July 10th, 2006, 12:28 PM
:sorry: i really dont know could it just have been his age? what ever it was im sorry for your loss :sad:

Stacer
July 10th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Jeez, that's really sad. I don't have any ideas either, just wanted to say :sorry:

CyberKitten
July 10th, 2006, 02:14 PM
I am sorry but you really need a necropsy. Could be a heart attack (Cats never show pain so he could have been ill without you even knowing and some have heart murmurs without ever being diagnosed, sigh!) or any number of things, none of which can be determined without a proper necropsy. Any speculation would be simply conjecture and not right.

I am sorry for the loss of your pet!!

cpietra16
July 10th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Orca, my 11 year old cat died exactly that way. He had a heart murmur..:( I don't know if that could have caused your cats death,but my cat did the same thing; He walked to his spot, lay down, and never got up...:( I;m sorry you lost your baby

chico2
July 10th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Orca,if you did not take him to the vet regularly,or even if you did,a heartmurmur is still possible.
13 yrs is not old for a cat and I am sorry you lost him,I don't think it really matters why he died,these things happen sometime,I know it happened to Luckys cat,Stinkerbelle and she was a very young cat.
Some things we just cannot prevent:sad: