Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Not eating as much, odd behavior, and coughing spit?

thegilby
July 8th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Hi all, I'm new here and I have a few concerning questions. Recently, my 10 week old puppy hasn't been eating as much as she did before. She also ran outside and starting frantically digging a hole near the fence before I stopped her. That was a few days ago. While she was digging the hole, I think she strained her leg or something because she came up lame but a few hours later she was fine. And today, most odd of all, she started coughing up I think it looked like spit? Are any of these behaviors connected to each other and should I take her to the vet? Oh also, my puppy has been making these sounds in her nose that sound like a human's congestion. Thanks for any help.

the gang
July 8th, 2006, 03:07 PM
if it was me , i would take puppy to the vet asap, little ones can do well with meds. good luck to you , come back and post.:fingerscr

lezzpezz
July 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM
If your dog is showing signs of illness, (congestion when breathing: not normal or healthy!), spitting up and not interested in food, (a healthy puppy is ALWAYS interested in food!!:o ), then you need to get it to the vet immediately!

Over the 'net, we cannot begin to guess or diagnose what ailment your puppy is suffering from, BUT a vet CAN, and the sooner you get your wee one to a vet, the better the chances are for him. It is better to nip whatever it is in the bud as, the longer it is left without medical intervention, the harder it will be to cure whatever is making him sick. When animals are that young, they depend on YOU for help as they are still weak and fairly helpless. Please take your pup to the vet right away and get him the help he needs. No more emails, get in the car and go!