Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How About This ... Canine Life

les
July 8th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I found this food awhile back and switched to it after ear infection after ear infection!

It's called Canine Life (I think it's only available near me)

This is the website: http://www.theskyesthelimit.com/

Basically, it's muffins. You can buy them premade, which is pretty expensive, or you buy the mix and add the meat, green veggie, orange veggie, oil, water, egg and bake.

It has worked wonderfully for mine so far and I'm using the hypoallergenic formula not the glutten free one.

It's more time consuming since I bake them but it's actually kind of fun! I figure with my two dogs, it's about $150.00 - $175.00 a month, which is a little high but pretty close to high quality kibble.

You can also make meatless muffins if you're feeding RAW which is pretty cool =)

Just thought I'd share =)

mafiaprincess
July 8th, 2006, 10:06 PM
I tried 2 chicken and 2 beef sample sized ones. Cider liked them, but I wasn't up for the expense of premade or the time in baking and freezing them. Cool idea though. Someone mentioned they switched to them in another thread a few months back and loved them, they never followed up on how their dog was doing though.

OntarioGreys
July 8th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Have you ever tried N-R-G ? It is a totally dehydrated food, nothing is baked so all the natural vitamins and minerals remain in the food , so none of the chemical types are needed. It comes in a pail and it sort of looks like granola, when you go to feed just add warm water a few minutes before serving. There are 3 different meat choices Chicken, beef or buffalo. It might be a bit more convenient than cooking and a little easier if you want to travel with the dogs, it is sold thru Globals possibly Ryans my gang liked the buffalo
http://www.nrgpetproducts.com/pg2canine.html

les
July 9th, 2006, 09:04 AM
N-R-G is pretty neat too.

I like Canine Life because I see exactly what is going into their muffins and how much of it. One of my dogs has a real problem with something in dog food - - in every dog food so I figure it must be one of the preservatives they use. And of course, I had an excuse to buy every kitchen gadget on the planet! ;)

OntarioGreys
July 9th, 2006, 04:44 PM
as long as it works for you and your happy, all is well :thumbs up

I simply brought up N-R-G as it is also preservative free, and is a complete meal. in the event you were unaware of it's existance, maybe helpful for traveling when you don't have access to a freezer.

mummummum
July 9th, 2006, 06:42 PM
fyi : we tried NRG twice and I've never seen so much p**p in my life -you would have thought I was walking elephants.

les
July 10th, 2006, 02:19 PM
OntariGreys it is an awesome idea for when we go away. I usually board mine at the kennel and they looked at me pretty funny when I dropped off a bag of muffins with my dogs!! ;)

I made sure to write their names in big letters so none of the girls there would think they should try one!! lol

As for the poop ... at least it would be on kennel time and they could clean up after elephants ... you know, make em work for their money! ;)