Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Tale of a Stray Orange Cat

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 08:26 AM
A few months ago, as I was feeding the Homeless 5, a shabby looking UNNEUTERED orange mess of a cat popped up from beneath the bushes.

After spending 3 years trying to place the homeless 5. After being turned down by most rescues with a full house, I already knew that there was nothing i could do for this orange cat. Since I would be moving (end of year), he can't get used to regular feeding.

So he'll eat by default. Whatever's left, he'll get. This way, he'll have to find another way to survive.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Well, wouldn't you know...this quiet mess of a cat, UNNEUTERED and DISHEVELED seems to have claimed his space.

Always a few feet away, always in the driveway, always by the steps. Unapproachable,. Purr-less. What in heaven's name made him think that he could just take up residence on my steps and (I swear to you all) NEVER LEAVE? He's there right now.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 08:31 AM
I don't care. I DON"T CARE. There's nothing I can do!! I can't save them all! He'll have to find someone else with a bigger bank account and more time, with normal neighbors!!
But this orange, nameless, purr-less cat has a plan. I can feel it. I tell ya, I can feel it!

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 08:37 AM
He's trying to blend into the homeless 5. Trying to infiltrate my group. Pass unnoticed. Doesn't he realize that the homeless five are all dark coloured cats? He stands out like a spotlight!

Everyday, he's getting a bit closer to the homeless 5. Everyday, they're accepting him a bit more. These cats are pushing their luck. The homeless 5 will be leaving soon. There's no place for him in their new home. I'm gonna leave too. What's he thinking? It's not gonna work. There's noone for him. No place for him.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I just give him one can. One can until I move. Then, he's on his own.
He can eat it and leave me alone. I not taming him, I not fixing him, I'm not looking for a home for him. I'm not gonna watch him.

But when I do watch him, I see it takes him an hour to eat. He paws his food like it might be alive and may be prey! Then, when he's sure it's dead, he uses his paw like a fork. It takes him an hour to eat one can!

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 08:42 AM
.......The End.

Frenchy
July 8th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Catsnatcher,are you kidding?Cats in need can smell you from a mile away,word in out on the street;all the cats are talking about you;if you are ever hungry,here's the adress #*****.:pawprint: He seems so calm,poor kitty.I can see you are TRYING to convince yourself you will not take care of one more.;) But you already are .... because your an :angel: When are you moving?

chico2
July 8th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Frenchy is right,he just knows he's in a safe place:pawprint:
He looks so pityful and so pretty:sad:
Maybe there is something wrong with his mouth,thats why he picks the food up with his paw.Maybe there is room somewhere for one itty,bitty little orange boy:sad:

Ps,If I lived in your house,I'd be a "crazy cat-lady"by now...be totally off my rocker!

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I'm 90% sure I'm moving in december.

There really is no room for him. Really, if there was, he'd be there.
And although I am a bit concerned about him, I'm really trying not to care much more than just basic recognition because I really have no options for him.

Besides the homeless 5 who will be placed by the end of summer, there is a grey and white cat and the one eyed cat. These three will be left behind and will no longer be fed once I leave. I can't imagine having any other choice.

badger
July 8th, 2006, 10:54 AM
This is such a familiar scenario, right down to the fretting.
Add people who steal your bowls to discourage you and making sure the stray gets fed and not the fat pig who lives next door.
So far I have been pretty lucky. I actually thanked one of my neighbours recently for his tolerance. Three of my cats play in his yard almost every day, along with two others who live in that building (although not with him). He never complains (but he might have pinched a couple of my bowls :)).
However, new neighbours are moving in downstairs, into a completely renovated 81/2. I've told all my boys that they must be on their best behaviour, no loitering!

jiorji
July 8th, 2006, 09:53 PM
What's he thinking? It's not gonna work. There's noone for him. No place for him.

wow...that's a bit harsh.

once you feed a homeless cat they don't leave. It takes a stray cat a lot to accept a human, and once they do it'll be hard when they lose that person who feeds them.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 8th, 2006, 10:06 PM
wow...that's a bit harsh.

once you feed a homeless cat they don't leave. It takes a stray cat a lot to accept a human, and once they do it'll be hard when they lose that person who feeds them.

well, the truth is harsh.

Prin
July 9th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Yeah, and it's not like catsnatcher doesn't try... There are just too many. :sad:

But I know there will be room for this one. He's orange.:fingerscr

chico2
July 9th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Jiorji,I know you mean well and care about cats as most of us do,but you have to read between the lines here.
I could be wrong,but I sense an inner turmoil and desperation,C-S trying not to get too close and attached,knowing that,with probably thousands of cats needing homes,a mature,un-altered male does not stand much of a chance,no matter how cute he is.
At least for the moment he is not starving..:sad:
It's a heartbreaking,harsh reality for thousands of cats,who through human cruelty and ignorance find themselves homeless and in dire need.
The cats who found their way to C-S's home,were the lucky ones,at least for now:sad:

poodletalk
July 10th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Is this orange cat feral? He's very cute.................

catsnatcher-CDN
July 10th, 2006, 05:17 PM
I don't know. I haven't tried to touch him. He stays nearby but keeps a safe distance. When i put food down, he runs to eat. He seems very calm but he's scruffy and not fixed. I don't know if he ever had a human spokesperson. He's still sitting in my driveway.

Prin
July 10th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Sitting in your driveway, as in waiting to get in the car and move to the new place with you?:D :evil:

catsnatcher-CDN
July 11th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Max would try to kill him.

Last night I caught him sitting on my inlaws' patio, looking inside the patio doors.

chico2
July 11th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Aww C-S,it's heartbreaking:sad: his picture says more than words,his face says"please help me,all I want is a lap to curl up in,a bowl of food,is that too much to ask for??I am just a little cat:sad: "

poodletalk
July 11th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Catsnatcher,

I sent you an email someone looking for a orange kitten....even though this cat isn't a kitten, maybe you can sell him on the idea of saving a life of a stray cat.

Prin
July 11th, 2006, 10:07 PM
catsnatcher, he doesn't have to move in, just move out with you. I'm sure there will be room under your new porch...:D

Maybe he'll move onto the neighbors for good. Maybe they have more money and are kitty-sympathetic too.:fingerscr

catsnatcher-CDN
July 14th, 2006, 06:44 PM
no, im not going to relocate him but I'm convinced he was once a housecat.
He sees me and follows me around. He actually runs up the drive way and follows me to my front door.

it breaks my hear to shut the door in his face and leave him outside. I haven't petted him but he walks around with his tail high and stands on two feet to reach the food i have for them.

Maybe I'll try the rescues again.... I don't know.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 14th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I just went to see if he was still there..and here's a pic of my driveway

catsnatcher-CDN
July 14th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Here's a close-up of that same pic:

Prin
July 14th, 2006, 07:27 PM
sneaky bugger! He's ready to go. :D

cpietra16
July 14th, 2006, 08:44 PM
C-S how old do you think he is?

catsnatcher-CDN
July 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM
How could I tell? Is there a way?

chico2
July 15th, 2006, 07:31 AM
From just looking at the pics,I don't think he looks old,he looks pretty"undamaged"from his life on his own.
But of course that fur can hide many old wounds etc...:sad:
C-S,I have a really hard time looking at his pic,it must be soooo difficult seeing him every day and the others:sad:

catsnatcher-CDN
July 15th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Chico, it's very difficult. This is the reason I'm moving. It's put a strain between me and my landlords/in-laws; it's ruined my relationship with the neighbors; my whole family treats me like I've lost my mind feeding a bunch of strays that will "find a way to manage" without my help anyway. Everyone I know has cats because of me. I no longer speak to those with pet-less homes who have refused one of homeless 5.

Everyday, I worry that something might happen to them.

Puma was recently attacked. She had 2 puncture holes on top of her tail. It's now healed but haven't seen her in 3 days. She may be stuck in one of the buildings in the alley. She could get dehydrated.

badger
July 15th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Oh boy can relate to this (minus the in-laws), the isolation (pretty much everyone thinks you're crazy), negotiating (or fighting) with neighbours, seeing another lost soul crouched under a car, hanging around, and not having the space to invite him in.
Ask yourself, have I done everything I can without putting myself on the street (or whatever your level of comfort is) or someone else at risk. If the answer is yes, you have to settle for that. Keep feeding, keep being their friend, it's ALOT already!! (btw 'accepting the things I cannot change, blah blah' doesn't work, because the situation COULD be changed, or at least improved).
I'd like to move too, to a huge eccentric mansion on the lower slopes of a mountain, at the edge of a first growth forest, close enough to the sea to smell the salt, with a sunlit meadow in front. In India. Where I'd rescue cart horses and mules used as pack animals.
POP
Anyways, hang in there Catsnatcher, I hope a fresh start will lift your spirits.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 15th, 2006, 10:36 AM
I just figured out what's wrong with this orange cat!

He's been getting skinnier and uses his paw like a fork.
He starts to eat and then growls and meows and does this weird thing with his mouth and sits a few feet from the food and doesn't eat again. He jumps for food BECAUSE HE"S HUNGRY BUT CAN"T EAT!

I think there might be a problem with his tooth!

Frenchy
July 15th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Do you give them can food?Can he have a hard time eating even with soft food?Poor little kitty :sad:

chico2
July 15th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Oh no C-S,his teeth,or maybe someone kicked him and there is a problem with his jaw.
I wish there was a 100% no-kill shelter that could take him and see what's wrong with him,if he cannot eat,he will eventually die a very painful death:sad:

chico2
July 15th, 2006, 03:57 PM
C-S and Badger,the 2 of you and many others here, have a compassionate heart for animals,a quality I would appreciate in any human,it would not bother me if people called me a crazy cat-lady,that's a compliment:D What others think of you,is not important,if you can save one little life from misery.
At least you know,you are doing something to help these poor creatures and not just going,awwww or worse,ignoring the suffering.
I see enough stupidity around where I live and have opened my mouth on few occasions,but these animals at least have homes,even though they are not great homes.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 15th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I give him wet food. I think if someone kicked him, he would be scared of me but he's not. I don't know what's wrong with him. I know he just sits in front of the food and looks at it. I see him. It takes him a few hours to eat.

badger
July 15th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Could be an infection, swollen salivary glands (been there; Willy did the same thing, dived into his food, then backed off, often pawing at his mouth), something caught up in there, like a bone. Very sad. Does no-one have a cranny for this guy? If he can lap, would it help if you watered his food down?

Poodletalk, anybody's arm you could twist?

poodletalk
July 15th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I am waiting to hear back from people, the problem is everyone is FULL to capacity.

There's no one on this board would like to foster this cat temporarily?

cpietra16
July 15th, 2006, 07:55 PM
how long would the foster be?? I might be able to for a small amount of time, and longer after the 26th...sorry but my inlaws are coming and they are not cat people...:(

catsnatcher-CDN
July 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM
call me cpietra im home all night

cpietra16
July 15th, 2006, 08:01 PM
can you pm me your number...sorry i can't find it...

Frenchy
July 16th, 2006, 08:42 AM
awwww you guys ! :grouphug: :fingerscr

chico2
July 16th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Ditto Frenchys words,it would really be wonderful if this little guy could get help:fingerscr

cpietra16
July 16th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Hi CS...the number went from 80% to 95%....I see it happen after the 26th.I'll call you

catsnatcher-CDN
July 16th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!

catsnatcher-CDN
July 16th, 2006, 05:17 PM
I fed the orange cat today and he really lunges at the food. He dives into it, howls in pain and then looks at the food for a while and then starts pawing the food for a good while. He's gotten quite skinny from when I first saw him.

But, there just may be a secret angel working behind the scenes for this orange one... (not cpietra, although cpietra is also an angel :angel: )

I'll keep everyone posted by mid-week.

chico2
July 17th, 2006, 06:51 AM
C-S,it would absolutely make my day,week or even month if there is a solution for him,what do we call him???
You,as usual,are wonderful for caring and feeding him,but I am sure,if you did not have to watch him struggle every day,a great weight would be lifted off your shoulders.
BIG:grouphug: to CPietra for once again,trying to help a kitty in need,you're GRRRREAT!
:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :love:

catsnatcher-CDN
July 18th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Missing in Action!

Prin
July 18th, 2006, 08:08 PM
What do you mean?

jesse's mommy
July 18th, 2006, 08:09 PM
What do you mean missing in action? Kitty didn't disappear did he? Oh no.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 18th, 2006, 08:13 PM
I've been calling him all day. He's not around. He was yesterday. But not today.
He must know it's me who's plotting now....

Frenchy
July 18th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Oh no,think positive,think positive :fingerscr

Prin
July 18th, 2006, 08:28 PM
:sad: I hope he's ok.:fingerscr

glasslass
July 18th, 2006, 08:56 PM
I eagerly checked this thread hoping for good news. :confused: :fingerscr hope he's ok!

chico2
July 19th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I always open this thread with a heavy heart especially one that says"missing in action":sad:
When I was feeding"George"a stray tom twice a day,I was always bothered and often cried over the way he looked,new wounds etc...:sad:
HS or I were never able to catch him.
But when one day he did not come back,it was like losing one of my own.
I am hoping by now he's back:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

badger
July 19th, 2006, 08:15 AM
I think it's the heat. My two feeders disappeared as well, they came back last night.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 19th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Just a quick update on the orange cat. I saw him cross the backyard this morning. I quickly went outside to get him and he's not around again. I've been calling him for an hour!

I'm gonna try again tonight....Good thing I have no life.

Inverness
July 19th, 2006, 11:05 AM
The little devil... he knows something's about to happen, huh... ;)

chico2
July 19th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Phew,that's good to hear(read)!
Maybe he is following some unfortunate female in heat,it seems they forget about food and everything when that happens..

catsnatcher-CDN
July 19th, 2006, 03:35 PM
There are no females in heat for two blocks. I have an empty bank account that can testify to THAT!

chico2
July 19th, 2006, 03:42 PM
That's great!!Not your empty bank-account though:sad:

catsnatcher-CDN
July 20th, 2006, 10:54 AM
AHA! He who plots first, plots last. No.Hmmm... He who plots last, laughs first?

I CAUGHT HIM!!!!
Off to the vet and foster he goes!

catsnatcher-CDN
July 20th, 2006, 10:55 AM
( thank you for saving this li'l orange :angel: )

cpietra16
July 20th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Yah...please keep us posted. I hope it's nothing but a sore tooth.

chico2
July 20th, 2006, 12:45 PM
C-S,awww that's grrreat!! Lets hope he feels the same:fingerscr
Give the foster a big thank you hug from us:grouphug:and of course a big hug for you to!

poodletalk
July 20th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Congratulations on catching him!

badger
July 20th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Hooray!!! Well done Catsnatcher and cohorts! One more little life back on track. Keep us posted.

Doesn't look too freaked out at all. Promising!

Prin
July 20th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Woooo!! He is such a cutie! I love the oranges and I'm glad you both are working your hineys off to help him.:grouphug: :o

chico2
July 20th, 2006, 01:27 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr that there is nothing seriously wrong with him.:fingerscr
He looks calmer than my cats do in a carrier.

jawert1
July 20th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Yay Catsnatcher!!!!! :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr that he's healthy and congrats on the catch!

jesse's mommy
July 20th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Woo hoo! He's so cute. I hope he comes back with a clean bill of health. :fingerscr

Inverness
July 20th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Cat's name is now Jules (in French, right ;) ) and we are going to the vet tomorrow... :)

catsnatcher-CDN
July 20th, 2006, 04:27 PM
:angel: :angel: :angel:
Jules suits him much better than Tomcat II

chico2
July 20th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Inverness,please keep us posted,how is he???Is he frightened,angry??
Behaving like a feral?
I know it's too early to tell probably,he'll need some time to adjust,I am sure..
So glad he's safe and C-S does not have to worry about him anymore.
Good luck to Jules at the vet:fingerscr

Inverness
July 20th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Inverness,please keep us posted,how is he???Is he frightened,angry??
Behaving like a feral?
I know it's too early to tell probably,he'll need some time to adjust,I am sure..
So glad he's safe and C-S does not have to worry about him anymore.
Good luck to Jules at the vet:fingerscr

He's not scared, he's just pissed off not to be able to eat ! :p

Forget about the dry food, but he gobbled up the canned food we gave him in no time ! He is STARVED. He sometimes growls and hisses, but not because of people, just because he is angry with his food bowl. :rolleyes:

I suspect he won't be that easy at the vet, but we'll deal with that when we are there.

catsnatcher-CDN
July 20th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Here he paws the canned food for a good hour. It's the only way I see him eat.

He never hissed at me either just at his food. But today was the first day I saw him in 2 days. So he must not have eaten anything.

I'm glad he's safe and out of the heat.

Thank you Inverness. :love: :angel:

glasslass
July 20th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Inverness, you're an :angel: Anxious to hear the vet report. He is beautiful!

jiorji
July 20th, 2006, 09:04 PM
looks like he knew what he was doing by hanging around. He'll now have a future.

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 12:47 AM
Yey more updates! :D

I have to say I pity the vet tech who has to hold him tomorrow...:eek: :D

He's beautiful though.

chico2
July 21st, 2006, 07:50 AM
Thank's Inverness for the update...
I suppose if he had a broken jaw you would have noticed?
I believe even with bad teeth(of course I could be wrong),he would eat if he was starving:confused:
I soooo hope he will be ok:love: :love:

Inverness
July 21st, 2006, 09:57 PM
Well Jules went to the vet today. He had been a little difficult to put in the crate and when we got to the clinic, we were ready. There were 4 of us, a pair of gloves to handle aggressive cats, and we were prepared to tranquilize him if need be, so we could have a good look at his mouth. To avoid stressing him too much, we unscrewed the top part of his carrier so we wouldn't have to pull him out. Well as soon as we uncovered him, Jules started to purr... he purred while we scratched his ears, he purred while we pet him, he purred while we checked his skin, his ears, his eyes. He purred while we opened his mouth and never once stopped while we reached far back to really see what was going on. He purred while we took his temperature... well he might have stopped for a second there :p ... and when we came to the part where we listened to his heart, he purred and purred so much, he even lied down on his back, all stretched out so we could scratch his belly. I wonder if the vet really heard anything from his heart, with all the purring going on. :rolleyes:

Turns out Jules the ferocious beast is a 5-6 years old purr-machine with a lot of tartar, a nasty gingivitis, a few ulcers and some very dead teeth. He is now on antibiotics, will undergo surgery next week to clean his teeth, have a few extractions and lose his tomcat attributes, and then he should be all fine. Then we'll see. It seems someone here set me up with this cat tale, knowing I cannot resist the orange appeal ! :rolleyes: Ideally, Jules would find a family of his own. But finding a home for an adult tomcat is another story. I have a feeling I've been had. :)

catsnatcher-CDN
July 21st, 2006, 10:10 PM
Oh! Inverness,

Jules is the one who set us all up. He is safe and sound indoors, while my cats are still outside, huddled for safety from these nasty storms and heat waves.

I really couldn't imagine doing anything for him at all. If it wasn't for you, he'd still be under my car and in pain.

Thank you Inverness,
:angel:

glasslass
July 21st, 2006, 10:11 PM
I have a feeling I've been had. :)

Couldn't happen to a nicer person!:D Thanks for the update. I guess after the extractions, he'll need soft food? Obviously, he was someone's pet at one time. I hope he wasn't turned out because of his teeth.:sad:

Inverness
July 21st, 2006, 10:18 PM
Definitely someone's pet. This is not a feral cat at all. But he's probably been forgotten outside for a while.

I don't think his diet will have to be canned only. He will lose some teeth at the back, but will still have plenty to handle the kibble. We'll just treat him to canned for a little while... :)

Prin
July 21st, 2006, 10:47 PM
Aww....:love: You're not going to find his owner are you? He can't go from being so close to ecstasy to being back on the street with bad teethies again...:evil: :)

I mean, he's orange for a reason.;)

glasslass
July 21st, 2006, 10:57 PM
Orange purr-kitty - yup! Meant to be!

chico2
July 22nd, 2006, 06:57 AM
Inverness,I was sooo worried about what your post would say,but now tears are flowing freely for this lucky little boy:love: Thank you,thank you for saving this beautiful little cat:love:

jawert1
July 22nd, 2006, 08:14 AM
Oh Inverness, you could write a book about the oranges that stole your heart (hopefully Toulouse has lightened up a bit). Glad this lil guy is a purrmonster and just in need of some TLC :D

Inverness
July 29th, 2006, 11:09 AM
We're home, neutered & with a brand new smile (ok, we're hiding it very well here, but we'll get there... ;) )

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9079/img0938ag1.jpg

catsnatcher-CDN
July 29th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Inverness,
That's great!! He looks so safe and cozy!

chico2
July 29th, 2006, 01:07 PM
It's sooooo great to see him again,although he does not look to pleased:D
Soon he'll realize he is on :cloud9: !!
Thank you soooo much:grouphug:

Inverness
July 29th, 2006, 01:24 PM
It's sooooo great to see him again,although he does not look to pleased:D

I wonder what makes him angry... having lost a tooth or, well you know, at the other end... :p

Stacer
July 29th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I haven't posted, but I've been following. Inverness, it's so great that Jules is going to be fine. :cat: :love:

chico2
July 29th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Inverness,I realize you are part of a wonderful rescue and have many animals to care for,like Sam and Sydney,with bigger problems than Jules,but what is going to happen to Jules once he is ok??
Is he still not eating comfortably?
I am forever greatful for you taking in Jules as I am sure is Catsnatcher,where would he be without you good people?:cat:

catsnatcher-CDN
July 29th, 2006, 03:49 PM
It's true chico, I'm very grateful that she took him. There really was no place for this little guy.

Inverness
July 29th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Inverness,I realize you are part of a wonderful rescue and have many animals to care for,like Sam and Sydney,with bigger problems than Jules,but what is going to happen to Jules once he is ok??
Is he still not eating comfortably?
I am forever greatful for you taking in Jules as I am sure is Catsnatcher,where would he be without you good people?:cat:

I'm not "part of a rescue", I'm alone here. :p Sasha's Den is a one-person rescue. I do try and help out my local no-kill pound, but at the moment, with Sasha's Den only, besides my own, I take care of 16 dogs (some in foster homes !) and 20 + cats. The others you see on the website are the pound animals and technically, I am not the one who cares for them, although I work hard at trying to get them adopted. Sam, Teddy and Sydney, the special needs, are all under my responsability. Let's say they keep me busy...

Jules: unless a miracle happens and someone adopts him, he will stay here with me. My home is designed for the animals. I'm just the cleaning lady here... :p The cats have the whole second floor to themselves and they normally have access to a totally fenced-in area outside so they can get some fresh air, but at the moment, I'm sure they are very angry at Sam because he's the one who lives in the enclosure. It's the only isolated spot I had to house him. So Jules might just end up living the rest of his life with me, providing I can introduce him to the rest of the family.

Here's my rescued orange crew :D :

Rackham the senior king, who was hitchiking on a cold day 2 years ago, starved and with a major thyroid problem (thyroid gland now removed):

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6971/img1813rt2.jpg

Toulouse, that one you know:

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/4415/img0560we2.jpg

Paprika (white & orange) and Sushi (orange tabby), respectively found on the streets 9 and 10 years ago:

http://www.breederoo.com/users/SashasDen/images/photos/gallery/15952.jpg

And Shaman (on the right), rescued from a Montreal backstreet a year ago:

http://www.breederoo.com/users/SashasDen/images/photos/gallery/15953.jpg

The others are not worth mentionning in this post, they are just plain... well non-orange !

jawert1
July 29th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Inverness I had no idea you had *that* many lovelies at home, and were a one chiqua operation - I'm in awe. Thanks to both you and catsnatcher for fighting for these guys, a one or two person army is STILL very powerful, as your furries show :love: :love: :love:

leepsun
July 29th, 2006, 07:24 PM
no, im not going to relocate him but I'm convinced he was once a housecat.
He sees me and follows me around. He actually runs up the drive way and follows me to my front door.

it breaks my hear to shut the door in his face and leave him outside. I haven't petted him but he walks around with his tail high and stands on two feet to reach the food i have for them.

Maybe I'll try the rescues again.... I don't know.

I've been told and read this many many times and I do believe this;
Things happen for a reason, people including animals will cross your path for a reason and or by chance, whichever it may be, there is a reason. He may carry the spirit or someone you once knew that has now passed or you may have been chosen by the Almighty above to help this pour soul have another chance at life. He didn't wake up one day and decide to go straight to your home, He had guidance and was led to your home for a reason.
So in short, PLEASE don't give up on Him, it looks like He has had enough of that, take care of this soul, you have a big heart to fill and your doing a fine job at taking care of God's precious animals when no one else cares to.
He has obviously not given up on you and seems to enjoy your presence and adores following you around.
Remember He has come into your life for a reason, there is a purpose for this new relationship.
I always said to myself, if I have a chance to care for an orange cat I would call him MANGO or her GINGER, so in my heart I have reserved a special little place for him and I will call him MANGO. I will pray for him.
Take Care
LEEPSUN

jesse's mommy
July 29th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Ummm, he has been rescued and is in the care of Inverness. He was just neutered and had his teeth done.

chico2
July 30th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Inverness,thank's for the explanation,not that you owed me one.
You see,I am a"little"older and get confused:confused: :D
I Love your Orange crew and remember Toulouse very well,Jules could not be in better company,I hope he agrees and gets along with the other beauties:cat: :fingerscr
I envy you and others who are able to help these helpless kitties,it must give you loads of satisfaction,also an empty wallet:pawprint:
I am sure it involves a lot of heartache and frustration in a never ending battle,but looking in to the faces of these kitties,it all must be very worthwhile:love:

Inverness
August 31st, 2006, 04:42 PM
It's with deep sadness that I come today to let you know that Jules just lost his battle against FIV. I had taken him back to the vet because he was not getting over the surgery for his teeth and we tested him - which had not been done prior to neutering him and cleaning his teeth. The test came out positive. His mouth was not healing, he had sores coming out everywhere on his gums and he could'nt eat anymore, and although I rehydrated him sub-Q and force fed him, the scale told us today he had dropped 3 pounds in a month. His hair was thin and brittle and his eyes were sinking in. We said goodbye at 4 PM and still true to himself, he purred until the end.

I miss you Jules and will love you always. :candle:

jesse's mommy
August 31st, 2006, 05:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. At least he was able to spend his last months in a happy loving home. Race to the bridge Jules. :rip:

cpietra16
August 31st, 2006, 05:24 PM
OMG...I'm so sorry:( . I'm glad you were there when he passed over the bridge.

catsnatcher-CDN
August 31st, 2006, 05:26 PM
Inverness,

I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. My heart can't break more than this. Thank you for being there and for doing what I could not do. :sad:

Inverness
August 31st, 2006, 05:33 PM
Tanya, I'm so sorry I couldn't save him. I miss him so much. He was the best stray cat ever. I had never met such a sweet soul. :sad:

LM1313
August 31st, 2006, 05:35 PM
I'm so sorry. :( At least he died warm and loved. :candle:

catsnatcher-CDN
August 31st, 2006, 05:40 PM
Tanya, I'm so sorry I couldn't save him. I miss him so much. He was the best stray cat ever. I had never met such a sweet soul. :sad:
He spend his last few months surrounded by so much love. You did so much. You do so much. I wish I never put you in this position. You have so much on your plate already. This is very sad. I'm so sorry, Inverness.

Prin
August 31st, 2006, 06:07 PM
Aw, this is so terrible. Poor little guy finally found a dream home.:sad:

I'm so glad this beautiful guy didn't go alone and that found a loving family to bring out his purrs.:love:

:rip:

chico2
September 1st, 2006, 07:22 AM
Oh no:sad: that just is not fair,beautiful Juleshttp://bestsmileys.com/crying/6.gif
Inverness,C-S thank you for doing everything possible to save him,for giving him love and care,for not allowing him to die a lonely painful death:angel:
:love: you Jules :rip:

jawert1
September 1st, 2006, 10:33 AM
I'm so sorry Inverness, thank you for being with him and for all the love you and catsnatcher both gave him.