Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vinnie afraid of our TV's

chico2
July 8th, 2006, 07:35 AM
There is a commercial on TV for the Toronto Zoo,where a cat gets jealous and screams in anger at the owner.
I did not have time to click the mute-button and all three cats took off like a shot,after sleeping peacefully:sad:
Chico and Rocky are ok,but Vinnie now is terrified of the TV,almost crawls by it:sad: Although it's funny to watch him,it really bothers me that he is too afraid to sit with me at night.
He is normally a fearless little guy,it seems like he expects a cat to come out of the TV and attack him:sad:

Stacer
July 8th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Poor Vinnie. Those Toronto Zoo commercials are weird. Hopefully he gets over his fear of the TV:(

CyberKitten
July 8th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Oh dear! We do not have those ads here tho my fearless meezer would prob meow er roar back. (I hope!) Would sensitiziation therapy work? If he sees the TV is no threat? Or if you have something on that is good for cats - too bad they could not smell something good from the TV?

Poor Vinnie!!! Give him lots of attention maybe around the TV???

Good luck!! I wish I could think of more now.

chico2
July 8th, 2006, 01:57 PM
CK,I tried yesterday,he was comfy on my lap and I turned on the TV,he took off in fear:sad:
He used to love watching animals on Animal-Planet..
These commercials are weird,that's for sure...I wonder what they did to get the cat to behave that way,or maybe it was a computer-trick,hopefully..