Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello & Looking to adopt Cat/Kitten!

Kate.s
July 7th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Hello, my name is Kate and I'm very new at this posting stuff, but I just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I tried to post in the adoption of cats section and I wasn't allowed, so what I'd really like to ask is " Does anyone have a CAT or KITTEN that is looking for a loving forever home?"
My friend who lives in Lachine, Montreal, Quebec is looking to adopt a cat or kitten and I thought I would help her by posting here. Thanks a lot and hope to hear from some people.

OntarioGreys
July 7th, 2006, 02:07 PM
There are a few Quebec rescues here that are looking fot home for cat and kittens and check out the postings

http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

badger
July 7th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Hi Kate, check out petfinder.com, Montreal is drowning in cats looking for homes. There is usually a fee, but the animal will be vaccinated, neutered (unless very very young) and healthy, all of which your friend would have to pay for later anyway.

I cannot resist telling you that I myself have three darling cats desperately looking for homes. Two of them, Ebony and Little Bill can be found here:

http://search.petfinder.com/shelterSearch/shelterSearch.cgi?animal=&breed=&age=&size=&specialNeeds=&declawedPets=&children=&status=&id=&internal=&contact=&name=&shelterid=QC12&sort=&preview=

Also Tony Soprano who, despite his tough-guy face, is a lover in disguise.

badger
July 7th, 2006, 03:28 PM
PS There's a kitten living on my alley, probably dumped, 2-3 months, a beautiful little tabby, I could easily scoop him up for her. He's not wild, just lost, and far too thin. I'd love for someone to take him, my place is brimming (with the above 3).
Just say the word...

chico2
July 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Awww Badger,you have 3 fosters???You're an angel:angel:

poodletalk
July 7th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Since we are talking about cats needing homes, I have received couple of calls since Friday.

There's a male tabby cat with big green eyes living on someone's balcony in Westmount. The male cat is not sterilized, but he could be sterilized if you were interested in him. (Actually, I want to get him to sterilize him)

There's another cat in Greenfield Park, the lady's daughter is going off to Universty and can't keep the cat. I believe that cat is sterilized and declawed.

My dogwalker just called me to tell me, one of her clients can't keep their cat anymore, it's about a year old....I forget the details about the cat...I can always find out.

Another cat, a cute brown cat named "brownie" is looking for a home ASAP.

Then ofcourse, there's the SPCA MOntereige who's overflowing with kittens and cats. www.spcamonteregie.com

What ever you decide, please don't buy a cat from a petshop...there's so many who need homes. Please adopt!