Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

"Toy" chihuahuas, argh!

LM1313
July 6th, 2006, 05:10 PM
It never ends!

Okay, I think I've mentioned a few times my coworker who got two chihuahuas to be "purse dogs", almost dumped them when they got "too big" (they're either badly bred chihuahuas or mixed breeds because they are indeed way to big to fit the standard), planned to breed them to a french bulldog, and only got them neutered after they started marking on her furniture.

When she divorced, her husband got both dogs. Well, now she and her new hubby are getting . . . yes . . . a new chihuahua. And it's from a backyard breeder, I'm sure, because it's supposed to "not get bigger than three pounds." *facepalm* She also said it wouldn't be a big deal if he peed on the rug because of his size. Wonderful . . . I can see this dog is going to get a lot of training. And of course he's going to be a purse dog because "they like to be sheltered", whatever that means.

Cinnabear
July 6th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Well I think she'll change her tune after the 4th incident. Some people should not get a dog.

erykah1310
July 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM
What on earth is a " purse dog"? like you mean get the dog to be in your purse????
Thats nuts!!! Why would you want that?
Rediculous

joeysmama
July 6th, 2006, 09:33 PM
like you mean get the dog to be in your purse????

So when I'm digging around in my purse to find things and I say "oh cr#*" I would then mean it literally ????:yuck:

greaterdane
July 6th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Being the owner of 3 chihuahuas I hate when people ask me if they are "tea cups" I tell them, no they arent runts, they are just normal chihuahuas. Mine range in size from 3lbs-5lbs. The chihuahua standard is under 6lbs, but I am seeing lots of 7 and 8lb chihuahuas. They are still chihuahuas, just larger and in my opinion...healthy.

I was at work the other day, and a woman came in with her "purse chihuahua" she said it was going to be 3lbs full grown and "t-cup". Then I find out the pup is 6 weeks old!! Who brings a pup that small and young out to a petstore? It was of course from a BYB. It was also about 1lb already, which will put it at 4-5lbs full grown, probably 5lbs if its already over 1lb. She said that if it goes over 3lbs, shes going to return it for another:eek: .......AHH PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK. :yuck:

LM1313
July 6th, 2006, 11:10 PM
What on earth is a " purse dog"? like you mean get the dog to be in your purse????
Thats nuts!!! Why would you want that?
Rediculous

It's this stupid trend started, I believe, by Paris Hilton. Paris carried her chi Tinkerbell around in this "doggy purse", like a fashion accessory, and of course all the idiots who idolize her started doing it too. Poor Tinkerbell, she always looked stressed out to me. And then she got "too big" and Paris dumped her at her mother's house . . . because as her friend explained to the press, "Paris only likes them when they're small." :mad:

HunterXHunter
July 7th, 2006, 10:28 AM
It's this stupid trend started, I believe, by Paris Hilton. Paris carried her chi Tinkerbell around in this "doggy purse", like a fashion accessory, and of course all the idiots who idolize her started doing it too. Poor Tinkerbell, she always looked stressed out to me. And then she got "too big" and Paris dumped her at her mother's house . . . because as her friend explained to the press, "Paris only likes them when they're small." :mad:

I know, and next thing you know, videos titled "A Night in [enter name here]" will be available on every website imaginable :rolleyes:

LM1313
July 7th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Update: So today she brought the puppy in to work in a carrier (because what every new puppy needs is the stress of being carted around to strange places.) And he pooped under her computer. Then she picked him up and he pooped on her designer shirt.

It's bad to laugh, right?

KarineB
July 7th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Ha ha... too funny. She is certainly going to have issues with her new "image". Her dog is for show, and he is sure showing her! :pawprint:

Some peole should just not have animals.

Shamrock
July 8th, 2006, 05:29 PM
omg...that is both funny and sad at the same time..:rolleyes: .

... dogs as accessories..:sad: