Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

don't want babies need help!!!

bonbon77
July 4th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I have a 60 pound 11 yr old male not neutered(my x would not let me and now I'm worried about doing it this late) I have just adopted a under 10 pound 12 yr old yorkie poodle x female not spayed, from friends who's baby is allergic. Does anyone know if it is possible for them to mate??? I have been keeping them apart unless I am there and am worried about their age and surgery. pls help

Puppyluv
July 4th, 2006, 09:59 PM
neuter your boy (it is never too late)! And spay your female! (also, never too late!)

MIA
July 4th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Ditto Puppylove! Please get them BOTH fixed.... :rolleyes:

mummummum
July 5th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Yes they can mate - I once met a Chi-Lab cross...NOT a pretty sight. A very dangerous if not fatal pregnancy for your Yorkie cross - so please spay/neuter asap.

OntarioGreys
July 5th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Surgery will be a little more as both should have bloodwork done prior to surgery and yes she can become pregnant at 12 years old, the surgery will be fairly easy on your male, for her it is a little tougher but better for her to be done as well, because he will still become very attracted to her if she goes into heat and will still mount her even if he is neutered and she is left intact.

mastifflover
July 5th, 2006, 03:01 AM
They can do the neuter with lasers less invasive I do not know about the spay but you could check that out.