Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

About my MotherInlaw's kitty

sjat24
July 3rd, 2006, 10:44 PM
Hey there, I was wondering if anybody can help me out.

My MIL's kitty - Willow is peeing almost every where, the bed & carpet mostly, she does go to litter box too. Willow is fixed by the way.
I have been hearing this costanly from Hubby for about 2 months now. I keep telling him to tell her to bring Willow to the vet, she may have a bladder infection or something.

Could I be right?
They dont seem to believe me,
they think its impossible for her to have a bladder infection?!
What else can it be, love to know!

Thanks

badger
July 3rd, 2006, 10:58 PM
Cats can indeed get very severe bladder infections, as well as crystals, both extremely painful and not uncommon. Your MIL's cat's behaviour is typical - frequent squatting to pee, often producing a very small amount, or none, because the urinary tract is so swollen.
In my opinion, not taking this cat to the vet amounts to animal cruelty. Maybe you could offer to take him yourself, just to speed things up.
Poor thing.

sjat24
July 3rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah I will be taking Willow to the vet, I think I finally got through to them!!!
SERIOUSLY I was starting to get pissed off, especially tonight when I heard MIL thinking about giving Willow to us----Hello, we got 2 cats and a dog ($)already BUT of course I would take her if worst comes to worst.
Anyways I demanded Hubby to let us take Willow to the vet ASAP!!!