Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Brag Alert! Declan's THE MAN !!!!!!

mummummum
July 3rd, 2006, 03:17 PM
A day of "First's" for The Lad. A subway ride to Cherry Beach - verrrry scarrrry. But he did just fine other than shedding about a pound of hair along the way. Swimming in Lake Ontario - not so keen (gosh I wish he liked to PLAY!) but he met lots and lots of other doggies without a single, bark, lunge or snappy growl!! Mum = VERY IMPRESSED:thumbs up. A long bus ride back to the train and ANOTHER subway ride! Again - nervous but, in control. And the highlight - no approaching men lost their fingers! I'm so proud a' ma BOY!! Woohoo's for Declan - ooops...he would be the soggy mess sound asleep on Mum's freshly laundered bed.

Prin
July 3rd, 2006, 04:54 PM
Woohoo! You go, Declan!
ya eejit tee hee hee I haven't heard that in so long...:D

Frenchy
July 3rd, 2006, 07:25 PM
Good boy Declan,did mommy give you a special treat to celebrate??

mummummum
July 3rd, 2006, 08:08 PM
I just got back from taking Bridie to the beach - I wish someone would give MUMMY a treat!! Or at least do the laundry. :D .... Yes, everyone got some stinky tuna and kippers for dinner (except me of course - kippers ? tuna ? EEEEeeeeeeeyyyyeeewwwwww) - I think I'll just have a nap. It's funny - I thought Declan being a Newf cross would be heck-bent-for-leather to swim. He enjoyed it - and it is HOT here today - but he wasn't dead keen. When I take Bridie and Ceili to the beach I'm "hydroplaning" behind them across the last 100 yards of sand and rock until they're in the water. I think Declan was more interested in the other dawgies -which is a woohoo all in itself given his street behaviour.

mastifflover
July 3rd, 2006, 08:42 PM
That sounds like a great day and you must be dead tired. Too bad we can't train them to give foot massages the closest Bud gets is lying on them. He may get to like the water more as he feels a little more sure of it. But good job Declan

doggy lover
July 4th, 2006, 09:38 AM
That is something I have not tried with Tucker he has been on a bus but the train I don't know, mind you he would do just about anything.

PetFriendly
July 4th, 2006, 10:11 AM
That is so cool. Imagine all the fun things we could do if I could take my dog on the city bus system... I wonder if I could get that by-law changed?! Does the dog need anything special to be allowed on the bus/train?

doggy lover
July 4th, 2006, 10:29 AM
No nothing special, they don't even have to pay:D

mummummum
July 4th, 2006, 07:50 PM
The TTC only asks that dogs (other than Guide Dogs, Hearing Dogs etc.) not board during rush hour traffic - which is understandable and given the lack of common sense and awareness of one's surroundings displayed by many Red Rocket riders during rush hour I wouldn't risk it anyway.

Doggy Lover - Declan is not a "city boy" and is afraid of most everything loud and fast or new( though has acclimatized tremendously). I've been putting this off as I thought he would be terrorized - he wasn't. I'm sure Tucker would be fine!

Petfriendly - get your politicians working for you !! If they are so gung-ho to promote mass transit (the fed's and province are finally putting $$$ into it this year) as a means to reduce traffic congestion / pollution/ fossil fuel use etc. then they need to make sure THE PEOPLE can use the service.

PetFriendly
July 11th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Petfriendly - get your politicians working for you !! If they are so gung-ho to promote mass transit (the fed's and province are finally putting $$$ into it this year) as a means to reduce traffic congestion / pollution/ fossil fuel use etc. then they need to make sure THE PEOPLE can use the service.

A few council meetings ago, they were actually seriously considering banning non-natural scents in public places (so you can were perfume and use soap fromthe Body shop and that's about it)... It got voted down, but it was almost close... Somehow, I can't see letting dogs on buses going over very well. With the elections in the fall though, maybe we'll get some new blood that might even entertain the idea.