Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Size of dog

Miwako
July 3rd, 2006, 07:56 AM
I want to ask what is the average body length of large breed dogs?

Prin
July 3rd, 2006, 11:55 AM
Are you serious?
:troll:

mummummum
July 3rd, 2006, 02:42 PM
Awwww Prin - ;) where's your civic spirit of research and education:troll: ?

Let's see. When Declan is on the bed he's about 7 1/2 feet long - just enough so that he can completely wedge me into a foetal position and right off the edge of the bed. When Declan spies a juicy tidbit on the back of the counter, he's about 5 feet long - just big enough to leap up and slink back quick as a mouse. When he's been a BAD BOY he's about 3 inches long so that he can be invisible while hiding behind the dining room table leg.

Ahem...Class dismissed. :crazy:

lewisw
July 3rd, 2006, 03:04 PM
Awwww Prin - ;) where's your civic spirit of research and education:troll: ?

Let's see. When Declan is on the bed he's about 7 1/2 feet long - just enough so that he can completely wedge me into a foetal position and right off the edge of the bed. When Declan spies a juicy tidbit on the back of the counter, he's about 5 feet long - just big enough to leap up and slink back quick as a mouse. When he's been a BAD BOY he's about 3 inches long so that he can be invisible while hiding behind the dining room table leg.

Ahem...Class dismissed. :crazy:

rotflmao !!!!!!

Prin
July 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
lol Ok, Jemma is considered a medium-large breed and she can curl up into a ball on the front seat or take up a whole queen-sized bed. She's also about 3 feet long, 4 feet with the tail and about 4 feet standing up. When she's bad, I don't know how big she is, because I never see her.

Boo is a large breed and he takes up a sofa, a back seat or a queen-sized bed.

He's probably about 4 feet long from head to hiney, 7 feet if you include the tail and 5'6 standing up. When he's bad, he's extra huge and in your face, just to make you even more angry.

Miwako
July 4th, 2006, 06:19 AM
what i think the large breed dogs is about 50 - 70lbs ~

doggy lover
July 4th, 2006, 08:52 AM
No I'd say that is more med sized dogs like my BC is 55lbs now a big dog is oh about 80lbs and up my last dog was 120lbs and could streach out at about 6 feet long. Believe me there is larger dogs out there 200 and up.

mastifflover
July 4th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Well Buddy (English Mastiff) fits perfectly on a queen size matress. He is 6.5 feet long and weighs 160 pounds his predacessor Boo a Neopolitan Mastiff was 7.5 feet long and weighed a 195 pounds, Bud is small for and English his pal Souren is a good example he is about 7.5 ft and 205 pounds. Just more of these guys to love. Bud can shrink to the size of a JRT when he thinks he is in trouble.

Prin
July 4th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I'd say 50-70lbs is medium too. Most labs fit in there and they're not really large...

Why not just look up the breed you want and see how big it gets?:confused: