Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Who wanted dog steps and pool saftey stuff?

mafiaprincess
July 2nd, 2006, 09:11 PM
In walmart today they had doggie steps.. Like $40 for a set of 3 stairs with a sheepskin finish if whoever it was (or someone who is also looking) could still use such a thing.

Was just in Petsmart and the turtle doggie sensor along with base was onsale for like $66 I think. The one where if the sensor goes in the pool it goes off, (if whoever wanted it or other people still need pool saftey).

For that price if my dog could fall in my pool I'd think about it. :)

mummummum
July 3rd, 2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks Mafiaprincess - although I won't shop at Walmart, the price comparison is helpful and I know that others were researching steps.

SnowDancer
July 3rd, 2006, 02:36 PM
I wonder if these were same steps I saw at Linens and Things in Toronto. 3 steps - cost $40 - with I believe the notation "As Seen On TV". If they were, I wasn't keen on them - I tried them out myself and found them "hard". If my mini Dachshunds with the back problems were still with me, these would not be the steps I would have purchased. I think the original poster was looking for steps that were foam coated - at least to extent that there was some give to them - this would be a better bet - but of course it all depends on each dog's individual need. Needing a boost because dog is short is different than needing a boost due to back problems. I was the guinea pig for a few other would be step purchasers as I went up and down.

mafiaprincess
July 3rd, 2006, 03:21 PM
I think they are the same SD. It's good to know 'what' they are like, I only ran by them, didn't try them out, lol. Yeah I know someone wanted foam. Someone else around was just looking for steps in general though. If nothing else figured people could even use them as a guide for finding better ones.

Personally I think I'd look for a ramp for 'ease'.

doggy lover
July 4th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I think it was berner luver who was looking for steps for her pool?