Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's cookin'?

Prin
July 2nd, 2006, 06:07 PM
What's everybody having for supper?

I have no idea what I want to eat... You know those days where nothing sounds good?

Puppyluv
July 2nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
souvlaki, greek salad and rice pilaf... sigh... 800 cal/day be damned

Prin
July 2nd, 2006, 06:15 PM
lol funny that was the only thing I could think of... (and the only place that delivers here in the boonies).

jesse's mommy
July 2nd, 2006, 06:19 PM
I was going to make a chicken alfredo lasagna (super bad for you, but so good every once in a while), but I realized I forgot to buy eggs, so it's bologna, cheese and potato chip sandwiches for us. :o

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 2nd, 2006, 06:19 PM
Well I just came online to get a recipe for potato salad - tonight we are gonna have BBQ steak - maybe chicken or hotdogs for the kids - and some potato salad - and a salad. I know the basic ingredients but thought I could find something on the net - it is definately an eat outside day here today.

Here are some suggestions that I would make

Chilli (made some last night and just froze a whole - bit - threw on all the veggies that wouldnt have lasted too :D
Chicken or Beef Burritos with whole wheat tortillas
Spinach, Feta, Cheese and Chicken Pizza on a big whole wheat Pita bread - or small - use spaghetti sauce for sauce - or use some other toppings
Pasta with Alfredo and tomato sauce with sausages or ham
then add a salad or veggies of course :D

Happy eating :D ..think I am getting hungry now

Brat
July 2nd, 2006, 06:21 PM
I just finished some Pad Sew from Thai Express. I'm at work until 11pm :(

Prin
July 2nd, 2006, 06:25 PM
:( nobody should have to work today... :( (except for the guy who's going to deliver my food... but he'll get a good tip.;))

Puppyluv
July 2nd, 2006, 06:26 PM
I agree Prin, I was at work at 5:30 this morning :(

Prin
July 2nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
:( makin' coffee. Because there are sooooo many people needin' coffee at 5:30 on a Sunday of a long weekend.:rolleyes:

Puppyluv
July 2nd, 2006, 06:28 PM
bakin muffins for "all of those people" coming in to drink coffee at 7 on a long weekend....:rolleyes:

Prin
July 2nd, 2006, 06:30 PM
ooo muffins! So you're saying that if I go to your cafe at 7AM on a sunday, I get Puppyluv's handmade special fresh muffins? ooo:D

Puppyluv
July 2nd, 2006, 06:36 PM
darn tootin' you do! And if you're lucky, I prepped those muffins the night before, so they are like three times the size they are supposed to be:p

Prin
July 2nd, 2006, 06:39 PM
lol a woman who takes pride in her work, even if she has to work till all hours of the night on Saturday to make muffins of perfection early Sunday morning!:D

CyberKitten
July 2nd, 2006, 07:06 PM
We had salmon and fiddleheads, white sauce (gram's recipe) - oh my, soooo good!!!

glasslass
July 2nd, 2006, 08:14 PM
Oh lazy, lazy me! Pizza delivered - to be specific, "Maui Zaui" from Round Table Pizza. Thin crust with their sweet-hot sauce, Canadian:D Bacon, crumbled bacon, pineapple, tomatoes, red bell peppers, and onions. Served with a fresh, green salad - from a bag!

Frenchy
July 2nd, 2006, 08:41 PM
I am sooo lucky.My sister/hubby and the kids had to come to Montréal for some shopping,came to my place to do some swimming and stayed for dinner.My sister knows I don't cook and practicly have any food!So she always bring the food;tortellini with a cream tomato sauce (home made) ,white wine and Krispy cream donuts,yummy!My sister is the best cook ever.If I lived at her place,I would be sooo overweight.:p

CyberKitten
July 2nd, 2006, 11:11 PM
I should note that when I say it was good, it is not bec I think my cooking is so wonderful - you can do NOTHING to screw up real NB salmon and fiddleheads. The white sauce is gram's recipe so unless you do something foolish, that is tough to affect as well. The salmon was a gift from a patient! (an entire salmon!).

Tho I like to cook, I often do not have the time and have been known to eat Kashi cereal for lunch, lol

Prin
July 3rd, 2006, 12:14 PM
Well, in the end I went to Arahova or whatever it's called... A souvlaki place... They make all the tzatziki (almost) for the grocery stores around here, so I thought I'd try 'em out. A bit more expensive than I'm used to for souvlaki... Not too bad though..

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 3rd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Well we ended up eating out afterall last night - was going to go to hubbies pub that he works at but it was lined up out the door - waterfront pub in the okanagan gets smoking busy in the summer.

Then we tried this home style diner and was gonna go through their drive through and take it too the park 0 but they were closed. So we ended up getting the Dominos $5 bucks for a medium pizza - so two Pizzas and two big Cokes and 4 straws we went and had pizza at the park.

Not exactly healthy but a good deal and I didnt have to do any dishes :D

Mahealani770
July 3rd, 2006, 01:57 PM
Ok, what in the world is a "fiddlehead"? And what is Souvlaki? Are these canadian dishes? Kinda like 'poutine'? :confused:

Prin
July 3rd, 2006, 02:01 PM
A fiddlehead is a baby fern (plant) if I remember properly...

A souvlaki is greek meat on a stick. It can be pork, chicken, beef or even lamb, I think. Tasty goodness.:thumbs up You can get it in a pita (gyro), or just alone, on the stick.

Mahealani770
July 3rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Ok, thanks for the clarification Prin. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut when it comes to dinner. I need to expand my horizons but not sure how:confused:

Prin
July 3rd, 2006, 02:26 PM
lol don't ask me.. I've been in a lifelong food rut.:D