Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Crocs - the shoes

CyberKitten
July 2nd, 2006, 02:59 PM
I thought I would ask if the Croc craze is as nuts where you live as it is here. Many of my collegaues were buying them - esp nurses who are on their feet lot and ER docs and other medical ppl. I hate to give in to trendy brand name stuff but I finally gave in and bought a navy blue pair. I love them - they even have arch support and more comfortable than my fav sandals. Little fact I did not know is that they are manufactured in Ontario somewhere - tho the co is in Colorado.

The NS legislature has just outfitted all its guides with them, lol

www.crocs.com

Puppyluv
July 2nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
I've had two pairs for a year now, a pair of pink ones and a pair of black ones for work. I think they are the uglisest shoes I've ever seen, but they are sooo comfy. I liked them better when I was the only one on the street with them, but now everyone has them in the neighbourhood where I work. Where I live however, I'm one of the only ones.

chico2
July 2nd, 2006, 03:32 PM
For a minute there,I thought you were talking about Crocodile-Leather shoes,I am glad you were not.
I am a sandal fanatic,must have 12 pairs,the stringier the better,mostly thong-style,often made in Brazil,where thy know how to make nice sandals.
If I am not barefoot in my backyard,I have a pair of rubber-thingys like your crocs,but only for gardening.
In Sweden most professionals,be they cooks or doctors,nurses etc..wear wooden clogs,with leather uppers,the best thing ever made for your feet.
I grew up wearing them,as did my kids.

Prin
July 2nd, 2006, 04:39 PM
My stepmother has them... I'm too poor to buy new shoes so I just keep on truckin' in my 1996, semi-Boo-chewed birkenstocks.:D

jesse's mommy
July 2nd, 2006, 04:45 PM
I love my birks! I got mine in 1994 and they are still going strong. I bought a new pair about a year and a half ago and Jesse chewed them before I was able to break them in and I haven't gotten them fixed yet. I got them on clearance believe it or not and it costs more to fix them than it did for me to buy them. One of these days I'll get them fixed.

CyberKitten
July 2nd, 2006, 06:01 PM
I have way too many shoes. I am not one to go overboard with things but books and shoes are exempt. I am no Imedla Marcos but my dad was visiting about a yr ago and asked me if I planned to open a shoe store. I also love clogs of any kind really and I had once bought these cheap (4.99) pair of sandals that had a high arch like clogs and they are so comfy. I wear them around the house. But crocs are so much more comfortable!!!

Even my little patients have them - lime green and purple seem to be popular amg the kids for some reason. Docs seem to prefer black and the nurses wear white or beige for some reason. Not exclusively but this is what I have noted, lol The kids all want the charettes (sounds like a "racket" to me) but my sil showed me that they have cat charmettes on eBay. Hmmmmmmmm...

Charmettes are used for the holes in the shoe. They have medical ones too. And cute ladybugs, etc. I convinced my mom - who thought she may have fractured her foot tho it turned out to be a sprain (painful yes but not as bad as a frcture in someone her age esp) to buy crocs. I think I will get a pink pair next.

They are not that expensive Prin - only $34.99 plus tax. (and now that the GST is only 6%, lol)....Mine came to $40. Our hospital auxillary store is ordering the charettes, God help us!! :crazy:

BoxerRescueMTL
July 2nd, 2006, 06:09 PM
I have bright yellow ones and I love them. I'm always going in and out with the foster dogs and my own dogs, playing in the backyard that's kind of a campground-y combo of sand and grass, gardeninig etc and I was going through an obsene number of flip flops/shoes because they would get so dirty. Now I just take my Crocs in the shower and scrub them down. Even Chris got some brown ones..

RVT092481
July 2nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
I need to buy new shoes and I've heard a lot about these ones. And being that they won't cost me an arm and a leg I wouldn't mind trying them out!
Where in Southwestern Ontario can you buy them?

mafiaprincess
July 2nd, 2006, 08:07 PM
I have a lavender pair. I love them and agree they are ugly as sin..

I bought mine at roots.. Seen them at sportscheck, cotton ginny, boathouse and a bunch of other places. I was just picky on colour.. And waited till I could find a colour I liked..

Frenchy
July 2nd, 2006, 09:20 PM
OMG,I read all the posts and was wondering what kind of shoes you guys were talking about.Then I looked at CyberKitten's link.This is the first time I've heard or see that kind of shoe!Am I normal? Is it been that long I haven't go to Montrťal? I am just getting too old too fast?Very worried here.:confused:

CyberKitten
July 2nd, 2006, 10:03 PM
MafiaP, there are 17 colours so lots to choose from and they are coming out with Mary Jane types soon - I love Mary Jane shoes of any kind so I can hardly wait!! Frenchy, you can always order them online. One of my teenage patients wanted a certain colour and since some of the stores cannot possibily carry them all, she ordered it online. I really want those cat charmettes, lol Do I dare buy them and wear them to work, lol?

http://i9.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/8a/96/f5_2.JPG

and bunnies too!
http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/9b/12/84_2.JPG

These are the medical ones:
http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/8f/da/45_2.JPG

There were better cat ones but they sold out!

greaterdane
July 2nd, 2006, 10:49 PM
They also make thong sandles which are insanely comfy. They also aren't ugly which is bonus.

mafiaprincess
July 2nd, 2006, 10:56 PM
OMG I want cute charms!!

I'm a shoe *****.. Closet full.. Hate parting with any.. But love walking the dog in my crocs...

I am okay with lavender.. I think I found 11 colours in my search. People at Slobberfest kept asking me if I liked my shoes.

Mary Jane crocs? I may need a pair of those too lol.

CyberKitten
July 3rd, 2006, 11:07 AM
and MafiaP, you have not seen those cute cat ones that are long gone from eBay (major sigh!!) I should have bid!!!!! Arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!!

I just wonder if they can be made. You know like all that scrapbooking stuff looks similar, lol

I adore Mary Jane shoes- have WAY too many. Those and clogs. I can't seem to wear the sandal types (the thong flip flip kind tho these since they are made of resin are far from flip flops which orthopedic ppl say are very bad for your feet). My bf has the sandals tho, lol

I noticed Payless has their own Airwalk brand but I want the real thing even if I am not into brand names. (I never met a payless store I did not like tho that applies to most shoe stores, heheh)

CyberKitten
July 3rd, 2006, 01:47 PM
Had to add these pix of becharmed Crocs, lol

http://static.flickr.com/51/178163166_1d5afd41d2_m.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/78/174030610_bcbbe6f2c3_m.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/61/166864609_d4dd050932_m.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/50/162108441_2f16ec9d5e_m.jpg

Just the charmettes:

http://static.flickr.com/72/174030083_37b0f1d915_m.jpg

mafiaprincess
July 3rd, 2006, 02:30 PM
Some of those are way too cute.

I went to the crocs site first time last night. Didn't know they had so many shoe stores.. I think I like mine the best though.

I saw the airwalk knockoffs. Saw a few others in Toronto. They were all so close to the price of crocs I bought the crocs instead.. Avalibility and colour choices.. Saw so many neon orange airwalk ones. lol.

mafiaprincess
July 3rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
How do you all wear your crocs? As mules or sandals with the back strap behind your heel?

I tried first time today with the strap behind my ankle. It felt so so odd.. but I love them as mules.. they fit just right,...

CyberKitten
July 3rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
I don't care for the back strap behind my heel - I wear them like clogs or mules. I can't wait for the Mary Jane ones, lol (and I persuaded the manager of the gift shop operated in the hospital by an auxillary group to find some charmettes and crocs as well - the Saint John hospital has them, the crocs, not the charms yet.)

phoenix
July 3rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
LOVE the crocs!!

I have powder blue ones, my mom has red, dad green, and I also have the thong sandals (my favorite!)

So comfortable and easy to clean, for our life with dogs, pools, cottage, dirt dirt dirt... they are the best.

Also wearing them to supply teach last month made me the coolest supply out there. EVERY kid was wearing them. They were even trading them so they had different colours on each foot. and yes, the charms were everywhere.:)

(I wear the strap up. I'm too lazy to pull them on otherwise...

CyberKitten
July 3rd, 2006, 08:59 PM
The kids in the hospital trade the straps too, lol (and I expect trading in charms or chermettes may be going on too, lol)

Skryker
July 3rd, 2006, 11:16 PM
Those are some ugly shoes-but they look very comfy. I checked the dealer list, and the store right around the corner sells them! I'm be checking them out very soon.

mafiaprincess
July 3rd, 2006, 11:20 PM
They rock. But I think about how my other 20+ pairs are prettier every time I put them on.. But I keep wearing the crocs out from comfort..

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 4th, 2006, 09:51 AM
I wasnt sure what they were - but they remind me of those shoes they sell for gardening.

I think they are kind of ugly :sorry: ... they look too much like rubber clogs to me. :D

Also how come I cant find sandles not thongs - I really hate having anything between my toes. :D

HunterXHunter
July 4th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I think they are kind of ugly :sorry: ... they look too much like rubber clogs to me. :D

Also how come I cant find sandles not thongs - I really hate having anything between my toes. :D

I agree, I think they're ugly too...:yuck:

BTW JECM, are you Australian by any chance? 'Cos I think Australians call flip-flops "thongs", and they call thons "g-strings" or something like that...(saw it on tv somewhere)

Frenchy
July 4th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I was too :o to say it,and was wondering how come so many of you like these type of shoes,they do look ugly :D

SnowDancer
July 4th, 2006, 11:40 AM
I very kindly bought a pair for my husband in black. Was tempted to buy him hot pink. He finds them very comfortable - although I wish I had a picture of his face when he first saw them. I did try on a pair, but on my they were not comfortable. I felt every single bump in the plastic - only reason I can think of is that I have a very high arch and the ball of my foot presses down exactly in the wrong place. My husband has flat feet so perhaps this explains it.

CyberKitten
July 4th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I need arch support too - like your husband - and these are the best shoes for me. Podiatrists are recommending them to anyone with foot probs. I actually don't think they are all that ugly (tho I did at 1st, lol) but I guess they grow on you. :)

mafiaprincess
July 4th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Took about 10 minutes of wear to get used to the nubbies in the foam and then they weren't a problem every tiem I put them on. I also have a high arch when the foam warms up it moulds to my foot and covers it.

chico2
July 4th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I have to agree,they are ugly.
I much prefer a nice Brazilian leather sandal,very strappy:thumbs up
But then again I would never wear a pair of runners either,unless I am running:D ,think they are ugly too !
Most of all I prefer to be barefeet in the grass:D

Shamrock
July 4th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Hmm.. yes... they're not exactly glamorous looking, are they?:)
But.. as glamour becomes less important to me, and comfort more so.. think I must try a pair.;)

phoenix
July 4th, 2006, 04:03 PM
when i'm trudging through the wet grass in the park in the morning, or traipsing through streams with the pups, or doing poop duty... glamour is the LAST thing on my list!!
Comfort!!!!!! and the colours are cool.

poodletalk
July 4th, 2006, 04:15 PM
besides buying them online, where would someone buy a pair?

mafiaprincess
July 4th, 2006, 05:40 PM
http://www.crocs.com/shop/find_crocs/find_crocs.jsp

greaterdane
July 6th, 2006, 10:52 PM
I caught the Croc bug lol...I ended up with a pair of Athens in pearl and blue, and a pair of Beach in brown for work :) I am on a wait list for either pink or turquoise in a size 8 in the Beach or Cayman model. The owner of the store said it very hard to keep them in stock, and that Crocs is having a really hard time keeping up with the demand.

PEDPA
July 7th, 2006, 06:47 AM
I watched people piling outside a store door here and looking all flustered .. i found a new display of those crocs right in the front door of a have it all store and they were LFYING off the shelf .... the owner told me he's had to order 150 a day for the first week cause they were going so quick! I scooped up a pair for my husband to use in the kitchen at wok and he hasn't complained of sore feet for a month now SOOOOO THANK GOD FOR CROCS! now his mom, my gramma, his dad and my mom all want a pair ..... makes for easy birthday shopping!

BMDLuver
July 7th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Alas they don't work for peeps with AAA sized feet. I really wanted a powder pink pair but not to be. :sad:

Puppyluv
July 7th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Alas they don't work for peeps with AAA sized feet. I really wanted a powder pink pair but not to be. :sad:
BMD, I have really narrow feet too, and if you give them some time, they mold to adapt to your feet.
The only thing I don't like is that they don't have normal sizes, but rather s,m,l. I fall between the m and l and I have a pair of each. If anyone who is thinking of buying a pair and findsa that they fall between sizes, buy the smaller size. They will stretch a little bit, and the bigger pair will look like clown shoes on you.

greaterdane
July 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM
The crocs website has sizes and so does both the stores I got mine at. The Caymans come in regular sizes and the beach are like a 7-8 kind of deal. The athens sandle that i have on now are size 8 and my beach are a 7-8 :) I am on a wait list for C.aymans in a size 8. I didnt see any s,m,l at the store, just sizes.

mafiaprincess
July 7th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Tag on mine said S - (5-6)

And now that I've worn them too weeks I've using the heel strap cause they are a little big, but they technically fit and are still comfy.

I know the online store has 'sizes' but I assume they are sending out the same pair as a 7 or an 8, same as a 5 or a 6.

jesse's mommy
July 7th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Alright I have some questions about Crocs. Please don't think these questions are gross, just look at where I live and you will understand. I was looking at the Aspen for work. I can't where the kinds with the holes in them for work because it would be against the "dresscode". I'm a sales rep so I'm in and out of the stores all day, building displays, and getting dirty and sometimes rather sweaty :yuck: (I make jokes to my honey sometimes that I smell like a man :eek: ). Anyway, with the job that I do and the fact that it's hot as anything here in Florida, how much do these shoes make your feet sweat and do they start smelling? If they make you sweat, do you think the "sweat absorbing" socks would help? I wear those socks now and they really do work, but I didn't know how they would be with whatever the shoes are made of. Sorry if I'm rambling a bit, but I wanted to give you a bit of a background as to why I was asking. Thanks.

CyberKitten
July 7th, 2006, 04:36 PM
What about socks - the kind (not the kind I am that fond of but they work with my Crocs, lol) that with no anklets. And you could always get some charemettes to cover the holes. Not sure about the side holes tho - and there is no such thing as a silly question!! I usually wear socks at work but none at home. I did finally buy another light blue pair and I have size issues too - I have small feet and can fit a child's foot, (see I really am in the right field, lol). Thus, I have to buy extra small or a large children's size. But thus far, I have the xs ones - and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned in my entire life!!! (and I love shoes, lol).

I've been thinking of buying stuff at the Dollar Store for the kids to make charmerttes at the Hospital - now I can be the Play Lady too - actually we call it the Child Life Dept tho in Boston, there were "Play people" - mostly women, sigh!

greaterdane
July 7th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Tag on mine said S - (5-6)

And now that I've worn them too weeks I've using the heel strap cause they are a little big, but they technically fit and are still comfy.

I know the online store has 'sizes' but I assume they are sending out the same pair as a 7 or an 8, same as a 5 or a 6.

The beach does not have full sizes, so they are a 5-6, 7-8. They Caymans however have full sizes, and kid sizes for those with smaller feet. They are also not as wide as the Beach model :)

Gosh I am on that Croc site too much lol

Also, they now sell a ballet slipper version. Apparently only at Bloomingdales, but I emailed to see if they would be selling them on the site. They are adorable!

jesse's mommy
July 7th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks CK for the response, but I still would like to know if these shoes start to smell if your feet get sweaty and do these shoes cause your feet to get really hot? I do a lot of running around in one day with my job. Remember I live in Florida so it does get considerably more hot here than it gets in Canada. And again not to be gross, but there are days where I get nasty with my job, I'm seriously not a pretty sight on those days. :o (It's usually on the weeks where I have buy one get one free sales in all my stores and I'm building displays out of the you know what :eek: ). Anyway, I do have the sweat absorbant socks, but I'm wondering if the "nylon-type" of fabric used in these socks would react well with whatever the shoes are made of. Aren't they kind of spongy? Would the socks end up sticking to the shoe if I got hot? Also, would these shoes make my feet sweat more than regular shoes? I really need some comfy, supportive shoes, but don't want to wear something that is going to make my feet sweaty and smelly that if I bend down to the bottom shelf in one of my stores I can smell them. Yuck. :yuck: The last "work" shoes I bought for myself were about $75 each and lasted a good while, but I've been pushing it lately. I really need to get some new work shoes. If anyone can help with the sweaty, hot, smelly questions I would appreciate it.

RVT092481
July 7th, 2006, 05:25 PM
I was wondering about the stink factor as well.
Another question that I have was if anyone has anything other than the "normal" style? I was looking at getting the relief style since they sound like the'd be a lot more comfy. I've heard that a lot of doctors and surgeons wear them.

phoenix
July 7th, 2006, 05:53 PM
i have the athens (thong sandal) and beach (holey ones).
although the air holes help in the beach ones, i do sweat a bit in them... socks help. However, they DONT smell. They are antimicrobial, so little colonies of smelly guys don't grow on them day after day. They are also super easy to clean. So all you'd smell is your own daily foot smell...:eek:

jesse's mommy
July 7th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Would the thin "nylon type" of sock be the best sock to wear with them?

mafiaprincess
July 7th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Super hot days they sweat a bit in mine.. But they 'dry out' so fast it's almost un noticable..

One of the "features" they toted when I bought mine is they are dishwasher safe.. Some of my slip on sneakers smell like old gym socks so I understand.. These I haven't noticed anything.. And I'd dump them in some soap and water if I did..

Didn't know the sizing varied.. New job as a sales rep Liz?

jesse's mommy
July 7th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks MP, that's the exact response I was looking for. Someone with smelly feet like me. :crazy:

Puppyluv
July 7th, 2006, 07:08 PM
JM, imo, I have disturbingly sweaty feet, and while my feet sweat in my crocs wothout socks, they have never smelled (and I have had them over a year now). When I wear socks I wear anklets, and usually running anklets (little black nike ones with my black crocs for work) and they don't sweat at all. My black ones get hot steamed milk poured all over them every day, and they don't smell at all!

Another complaint I have is that the little black things on the side of the crocs rub my feet and blister them sometimes when I walk too long. I think I just have sensitive (and sweaty) feet.:yuck:

jesse's mommy
July 7th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Thank you, I think I'm going to look at Dillards here and see if I can find some tomorrow.

CyberKitten
July 8th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Re the smell factor, that is what the holes are for (and the resin) - they allow ventilation so your feet do not smell. (Smelly feet tend to be caused by bacteria anyway and so if caught inside sneakers, that can be a problem). I've had no probs with smelly feet with crocs.

btw, podiarists say the Payless ver are as good as the Crocs and I think they are cheaper in the US. Here, the Payless versions are $39.99 or the sandal type the same so it makes little difference. Not sure about the Bloomingdales variety - make sure they are Crocs.

SnowDancer
July 8th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I found a pair of Athens style my husband today - fortunately they had the black with red as base - size 10 is popular. He will wear the Athens in house and Beach in yard. I am interested in the Crocs boots - might be good for walking the dog in the never-ending rain.

greaterdane
July 8th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Re the smell factor, that is what the holes are for (and the resin) - they allow ventilation so your feet do not smell. (Smelly feet tend to be caused by bacteria anyway and so if caught inside sneakers, that can be a problem). I've had no probs with smelly feet with crocs.

btw, podiarists say the Payless ver are as good as the Crocs and I think they are cheaper in the US. Here, the Payless versions are $39.99 or the sandal type the same so it makes little difference. Not sure about the Bloomingdales variety - make sure they are Crocs.

The Bloomingdales are Crocs, just not on the croc website yet.

Heres the link

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?b=0&ID=71036&CategoryID=1569&t1=Accessories&t2=Flats&PseudoCat=b.comSearch&bhcp=1

CyberKitten
July 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Ohhhh, I like those!!!! :)

jesse's mommy
July 8th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I can't wear the ones with the holes because they would definitely be against the dress code at work. I was looking at the Aspen because they don't have holes so that is why I was asking about the smell factor and if they hold the smell like other shoes, but Puppyluv and Mafiaprincess answered that for me.

So I went to Dillards today and they only had the Aspen in the Purple -- definitely against my dress code, but I tried them on anyway and they totally rock! I'm going to see if I can find them anywhere else tomorrow if not I'll be ordering them off the website. Dillards had them for the same price as the website so it's good to see that no one is inflating their prices. Woo Hoo!

mafiaprincess
July 8th, 2006, 09:12 PM
If you've tried them on in real life and found ones that fit well, I'd totally buy online then, since you know they feel good and such :)

I play 'dog lacrosse' with Cider in mine, walk her.. went fishing with mine they got soaked and were great anyhow.. So ugly but so versitile :)

Prin
July 9th, 2006, 12:16 AM
I was looking at the Aspen because they don't have holes so that is why I was asking about the smell factor and if they hold the smell like other shoes, but Puppyluv and Mafiaprincess answered that for me. But if you're worried about the smell, just get the ones with holes to air it out.;) :D :clown:

Doesn't baking powder or baby powder help with stinky shoes? (I don't know- I don't have stinky feets...)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 9th, 2006, 01:00 AM
ok Now you guys made me look three shoe stores in town sell them...but there still ugly :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 9th, 2006, 01:01 AM
are they made of rubber are these the new version of jelly shoes
:D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 9th, 2006, 01:02 AM
can I wear them dancing and too work no one will see me at my new job :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 9th, 2006, 01:03 AM
speaking of shoes did you know you can have your feet surgically altered to wear high heels - ewww :D

sorry I know that was a thread jack :)

Puppyluv
July 9th, 2006, 02:30 AM
are they made of rubber are these the new version of jelly shoes
:D
No, they're made of foam. I wouldn't wear them dancing, but that's just me.... I get lots of random comments at work... "are you swedish?" (me: "huh???.... ohhhh my shoes.....ha ha") "going gardening later?"

CyberKitten
July 9th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I wore high heels for the very last time in 1984. I had been invited to a reception at the Roy Thompson Hall in TO. (The Queen was there and anti monarchist tho I may be, I was too nosy not to go) Unfortunately, I wore a pair of heels (not real stillettos either, just plain heals) - I hd to stand around all night later chatting with ppl from across Canada (after sitting for a rather good preformance by several Cdn entertainers) and my feet were soooooooo sore!! I swore never in my life would I ever again wear high heels and I never have. My flat feet do not like them!!

As for the reception, when my friend and I were entering (My ex husband refused to attend since he was more anti monarchist than I it seems, lol), and ppl said "who are they?", I joked to her "Here come the yokels from the Maritimes", lol

So I don't care what I am invited to too or who the event if for - NO heels!! If I ever see royalty again (not likely tho I did attend a dinner where Charles and Diana were in NB and saw Prince Andrew play something - lacrosse maybe, I forget, lol when he was at lakefield School in Ont (since my sister's ex was an alum) but that's IT!!!

Puppyluv
July 9th, 2006, 12:39 PM
mmmmm heels.... Being tall, I never wore them as a teenager, but my god am I addicted now. Who cares if I'm over 6 feet with them? If you invest in a good pair, they are as comfy as any flats.
My faves are the ones I got as my main 21st bday present. They are Moschino Cheap&Chics.... ahh the irony.. if they think $500+ is cheap for a pair of shoes.... I don't even want to know what expensive is.:eek:

Prin
July 9th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I want a pair of expensive heels, just to know what it feels like... I got some cheaper ones from Victoria's secret to match my bridesmaid gown and they're the funkiest shoes I've ever gotten...

These (the pinky-purpley ones): shoes (http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=UU-197491&page=1&cgname=OSSHUSDLVIL&rfnbr=2899)

They're so not me, but they're funky...:D

jesse's mommy
July 9th, 2006, 01:25 PM
I go to payless. :o

CyberKitten
July 9th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I have yet to see a Payless I do not like, lol (tho no heels ever again!!!!)

technodoll
August 14th, 2006, 03:40 PM
i finally gave in and tried a pair of crocs during lunchtime shopping, trying to overcome my revulsion at how freaking ugly these crayola-colored chunky rubber clogs are, i was just so curious. they felt ok but where on earth would i wear them? and with what? LOL not for me, no thanks :yuck: on my way back to the office i crossed a "business man" in a beige suit, he had neon-orange ones on his feet. that only made me VERY glad to stick to my decision to never buy a pair, LOL! :yuck:

poodletalk
August 14th, 2006, 03:43 PM
I agree with you technodoll, I tried a pair on last week at the tennis tournments. My feet looked so big and WIDE, the colors were so bright. Not for me!

Mind you, where I live there's alot of nurses and doctors, I see my neighbors who are nurses wearing them with their uniforms. It doesn't look so bad.

CyberKitten
August 15th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I wear mine to work and even to meetings - and I am not alone with them on either occasion. Love them, they are so comfortable - I have navy and light blue and frankly, I think you just get used to them. I am not evensure I find them all that ugly but then I could never wear something that looks good if it is uncomfortable or something that is trendy but is uncomfortable. Makes no sense!!! If you don't like 'em, don't wear 'em. :)

But with my crocs - and my feet, I am on :cloud9:

Tho God help me, I doubt I'll ever buy green or orange. We do have the charms at the hosptal now and they are selling out. The pharmacay at another hospital got in crocs and sold 100 pair in 2 days!! (and mostly to people not employed there, lol)

Boubou
August 15th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Finally, I now know why these ugly, ugly shoes are so popular! I was in Sports Experts tonite with my 13 year old daughter and we were both baffled as to why anyone would want these shoes, but hey, if they are that comfortable, I just might go out and get myself some!

BTW, Frenchy, don't worry! You aren't that old yet. I haven't seen many people wearing them around here either. I just got back from Calgary and it seems everyone down there is wearing them. I think alot of Montrealers go for look more than comfort..........c'est plus sexy!!:thumbs up

technodoll
August 16th, 2006, 08:28 AM
what i don't understand is... is it SOOO difficult to make a shoe that is both supercomfortable AND esthetically pleasing?:confused: since the Croc Co has the patent on comfort now... why can't they develop a few designs that don't look like dutch garden clodhoppers? :confused:

Puppyluv
August 16th, 2006, 08:43 AM
what about those cute ballet slippers?

technodoll
August 16th, 2006, 08:53 AM
ballet slippers are not shoes :frustrated: or booties, how about booties? as in, short boots not butts!! LOL

Puppyluv
August 16th, 2006, 09:21 AM
ballet slippers are not shoes :frustrated:
what are they then??

technodoll
August 16th, 2006, 09:26 AM
they are slippers for ballet! LOL

not something i would wear with jeans to walk in the woods with :D

SnowDancer
August 16th, 2006, 10:49 AM
I am going to order a pair of the Relief for my husband's mother in Navy - sold out now as it is most popular colour - and only available from website - so of course - Made In Canada - then to US - then back again. I did look at the Silver Cloud - she does not have diabetes but is 84 - BUT - and I don't understand this - the Relief comes in even sizes - she is a 7.5 - so I will order the size 8 - but in the Cloud series they are the "double" sizes as with the Beach model - no way could I order her either the 6 - 7 or the 8 - 9. Also with my Beach model, I had to try on every colour to find one where my Size 9 toe did not hit the end of the shoe - generally the 9 - 10 fell off my feet. I spoke with Customer Service and they are trying to solve the problem of sizing differences - it is becoming worse as the company has started to use several manufacturers in different countries. The salesman in the Toronto store where I bought mine told me that other people had had same problem - maybe only one colour in the Beach model would fit. I am interested in the Georgie boot - but as I have a very high arch would need to try it on. I might get the Silver Cloud for my husband in the 10 - 11 size since his has Athlete's Foot - and does not take care when walking about (thinking of me here) and apparently the silver particles are supposed to help with bacteria. ALSO, the bumps on the inside sole of both the Relief and the Cloud are smaller. My dog's groomer wants to order the Cloud for her mother, but after trying on the Beach model found the bumps just too much too handle - actually not super keen myself - so much smaller bumps would help. Will also get vibrant socks - so tempted to get some very bright colour. I would also have to try on the Prima ballet slippers - that darned high arch again - I need a long last. I did ask about the customs fees - I know that the prices on the US website are in US $ - unlike people behind me in Shoppers who were discussing the financial benefits??? of ordering from Crocs online! I will have to pay the GST and PST but was concerned that I only need pay the "regular" shipping and the usual $8.00 customs handling fee - sure wouldn't want to get a bill for $100 for brokerage fees. Crocs told me they pay the customs fees - well I do know someone who got a separate invoice from the shipper so I guess I will find out. I hope they fit though because returning a product to the US from Canada - well it is cheaper to keep it. Much easier for an American to order from Canada - taxes, shipping, duties etc - no wonder skin care companies etc. do so well with the American shopper.

SarahLynn123
August 16th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I bought a pair of crocs, and maybe my expectations were to high! I bought the black ones, so not bright but I find them ok. They are not supportive, so very flat (I have very high arches), they gave me blisters on the side of foot (couldn't feel them, just noticed them when i took them off) and rubbed the skin off the top of my foot on one tiny little spot.

maybe Im just overly sensitive! I do love the convenience though, I took them camping and wore them all the time, even in the shower and on the beach.

The only pair of shoes that dont hurt or give me blisters are my running shoes that I spent $200 on, sadly they are now falling apart and giving me blisters. I bought them 5 years ago, so It was time to invest in a new pair a long time ago.

Puppyluv
August 16th, 2006, 11:33 AM

But I mean the croc ones, not real ballet ones!

Puppyluv
August 16th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Also with my Beach model, I had to try on every colour to find one where my Size 9 toe did not hit the end of the shoe - generally the 9 - 10 fell off my feet. I spoke with Customer Service and they are trying to solve the problem of sizing differences - it is becoming worse as the company has started to use several manufacturers in different countries. The salesman in the Toronto store where I bought mine told me that other people had had same problem - maybe only one colour in the Beach model would fit. .
OMG! I'm not crazy!!! I sware my pink and black ones (same size) are different sizes! Phew, it's not just me :p

jiorji
August 16th, 2006, 11:38 AM

those ballet shoes you see everyone wearing aren't real ballerina shoes. They're just called that. Ballerina shoes have leather soles.

technodoll
August 16th, 2006, 11:38 AM
But I mean the croc ones, not real ballet ones!

oooooooooooooh.... my misunderstanding, sorry! :rolleyes:

i find ALL crocs a bit disturbing to look at, LOL! but hey, i'd wear them for gardening and hanging around the house in since my flat feet get so sore early on in the day. but for an all-around shoe... just not my taste :shrug: same with birkenstocks and wool socks! LOL

meggie1425
August 16th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Sorry guys, i think these shoes are UGLY!!!! and maybe i wouldve bought a pair anyways for comfort reasons if they hadnt have become such a big fad right now. Maybe i'll buy a pair in a year when no one remembers them!

SnowDancer
August 16th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Puppyluv - I ended up buying the Pink in size 9 - the only colour that fit - salesman was not surprised - apparently the Pink was very popular with the way too big Size 9 crowd. I remember when size 9 was "big" and you could get lots of shoes on sale - those days are gone. I added a pair of "regular" size 9 Navy in the Relief style to my wish list for when they come in. The rep at Crocs thought that the "regular" size would probably fit better - so I have a Size 8 for husband's mother, a Size 9 for me - and an XL in the Silver Cloud - all in Navy - on the wish list - plus one tub of Crocs butter - apparently sold out very quickly. Am hoping that the Relief will help with my very high arches.

susieqt
August 23rd, 2006, 09:53 PM
I bought a pair of Crocs tonight! I went to the mall tonight with my kids for back-to-school clothes and my feet were killing me (at work, I stand on my feet ALL day!) I passed a shoe store that had Crocs, tried them on and fell in love (with the comfort, not the looks!) They are the khaki color, not too bright and kind of neutral. All I can say is that I was able to walk around all night and my feet felt good.

chico2
August 24th, 2006, 06:54 AM
My son and his g/f visiting from Alberta,each bought a pair,him blue,her pink,I did not say anything,but they are the ugliest things I've ever seen and my son actually got blisters from them..
I have a size 9 feet,they would make my feet look a size 12:D
Sorry,I am still a bit vain even at my age,there are plenty of shoes very comfortable but still good looking..

glasslass
August 25th, 2006, 01:27 AM
I bought Crocs in the Cayman style, very similar to Beach, but a bit trimmer. I wear them all the time when I'm home. I got the light varigated blue "Frost" color. They look great with blue jeans. I'd love to get some sage green ones.

SnowDancer
August 25th, 2006, 11:54 AM
chico - I know what you mean about the size 9s looking like size 12s - I wear the 9 - but have to wear the strap forward otherwise blisters on the heel. I would have preferred the Cayman as well, but couldn't find them in Toronto stores - and ended up with Pink in Beach due to variations in sizing by different manufacturers. But I did see a young, very petite mother on the street last week with her baby in his navy and grey-blue carriage. She was wearing navy capri pants and a grey top - and navy Crocs - her feet were so small, that like CyberKitten, she can buy the children's version - they are slimmer and on her very tiny feet looked downright chic! Still waiting for the Relief to be restocked in Navy on the website and then will order. Interested to see how "feel" is with the inner bumps being smaller and not so hard on foot. Still think they should make the Cloud in even sizes. Yesterday my dog surrounded my Crocs with his toys from West Paw - made from a material called ZogoFlex - for major chewers - and then made his "move" - but much to my surprise dropped Croc when I told him to. To be honest the "look" of the Croc shoe material does not look much different than the ZogoFlex so couldn't really blame him for confusing them "on purpose".