Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Will be crossing the bridge

Rottielover
July 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
as of 1.20 pm today anotherone will be crossing the bridge.. My moms dear old rescue cat. She has had him for 19 years, and this was the cat I grew up with.. He has such severe kidney failure, and liver disease, that he is just skin and bone. He has started to go blind.
I have finally convinced her that he will be alot happier up at the bridge.
I will have my mom in my thoughts as she loves this cat so deeply.
Taffy you will always be in our hearts, and you were the first cat I remember in my life. You were the one who taught my daughter well with your patience. You will always be remembered.
I told myself I would not cry, it is for the best, but I still find myself tearing up writing this today....Love you big guy

badger
July 2nd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Oh, that is so sad, but he sounds like he's ready. My sympathies to your mum.

glasslass
July 2nd, 2006, 02:29 PM
My thoughts are with you today, and your mom. This is really hard. You did the right thing by speaking up for him. I know you will be there for your mom afterwards too.
Your family gave this kitty 19 wonderful years of love and care. He is truly one of the lucky ones.

chico2
July 2nd, 2006, 03:54 PM
Rottielover,give your mom a BIG hug,she is doing the right thing for Taffy,I know it does not make losing him any easier,but he'll be at peace:love: RIP Taffy:love: