Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Raw diet question (technodoll?)

Melei'sMom
July 2nd, 2006, 10:50 AM
Melei is doing great on her raw diet, but she can not handle pork at all and beef only if it is very lean.

So she eats fish, chicken, eggs and organs. I have yet to find green tripe anywhere, but the hunt continues.

Anyway, my question is, if she is not eating red meat, is there something missing that I should be supplementing or is she ok with her fish/chicken diet?

BMDLuver
July 2nd, 2006, 01:24 PM
I'm not technodoll but make sure to include a Supplement with Vitamin C, B complex and E. Organ meats are fine for the beef portion ie. beef heart... you can also try venison as a beef substitute.

technodoll
July 2nd, 2006, 07:41 PM
as bmdlover said, the supplement is fine and melei's diet sounds balanced :) have you tried goat for red meat substitute? lean pork is hard to find, so if her tummy cannot handle it, don't even try lamb, LOL! beef heart is cheap, and lean if you trim off the white fatty bits. i like to mix lean raw ground beef with raw eggs for my girl's meal once per week or so... don't forget the turkey, specially when it's on sale! it's another source of protein and most dogs can handle the neck & ribcage bones just fine. i'm a hippie mom and spoil doggies with frozen bagels & cream cheese or peanut butter a few times per week, LOL! :thumbs up
ps: i have internet connection for tonight only, tomorrow is road-time and then cottage by the sea... so good luck! :thumbs up