Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

tatoos of pets

wdawson
July 2nd, 2006, 10:04 AM
does anyone have a tatoo of there pets? i was thinking of getting a portrait of beathoven.maybe the face of him in this photo

we3beagles
July 3rd, 2006, 03:03 PM
After my beagle Capone died my husband got a tatoo of him on his left shoulder in the back and I made my own to (not a portrait) in the small of my back. They both turned out awsome and mine I can add on the names ( I will have to add Soozie) as it is an ever widening circle.

mummummum
July 3rd, 2006, 07:58 PM
A former neighbour had his Golden (RIP) tatt'd along the length of his calf. It was quite eye-catching. He said that he loved his dog so very much that he wanted an ever present reminder that such a pure and infinite love is possible in the world.

Copper'sMom
July 3rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
I would absolutely LOVE to have a tattoo of Copper and Zoe on my body as it would be with me always. Unfortunately, I would only want really small ones and I don't think they would turn out as great if they were really small AND I'm to chicken to go thru that much pain.:eek: I know, people say it doesn't hurt, but some people say it does hurt and I HATE needles and pain!!!:eek: But then some say, "get the tattoo where you have the most body fat - it won't hurt as much".................well I have 2 choices - the right cheek or the left - and then what's the point as no one will ever see them!!! lol

greaterdane
July 4th, 2006, 01:56 AM
I am looking at getting my dogs names tatooed on me, but that is quite the list. I may go with initials, but I dont know how to make it work. Their names are Sable, Gizmo, Vixen, Atticus, Osiris and Cyprus So SGVAOC???

doggy lover
July 4th, 2006, 08:13 AM
My sisters friend had his Rott (RIP) done on his sholder. Looks quite good.

mastifflover
July 4th, 2006, 08:17 AM
"get the tattoo where you have the most body fat - it won't hurt as much".................well I have 2 choices - the right cheek or the left - and then what's the point as no one will ever see them!!! lol

Too funny I want a dog paw that covers all the babies and the chinese symbol for year of the dog that is my birth year. I am with you though my fear of needles is what is stopping me.

we3beagles
July 5th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Here's a rough idea of what mine looks like. The names go in an ever widening circle so I never will run out of room.

wdawson
July 5th, 2006, 07:41 PM
i.m going with this pic........artwork is started....just his face from shoulders up

Copper'sMom
July 5th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I like that pic better! His face doesn't look so sad!

Writing4Fun
July 5th, 2006, 08:55 PM
But then some say, "get the tattoo where you have the most body fat - it won't hurt as much".................
LIARS!! I had mine done on my hip. You can't find much more fat than that anywhere on the planet. It felt like the fellow was carving the design into my flesh using an exacto knife. I believe it has everything to do with the artist's talent with the needle. Oh, and try to avoid stretch marks, too. They don't help matters any. ;)

wdawson
July 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM
coppers
i agree the second is best......the first is the day we tried the muzzle on:evil: