Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My 1st Birthday Photo

BMDLuver
July 1st, 2006, 05:00 PM
Patch is now 1 year old. It's been a struggle but he's made it to his first birthday and does pretty well for a dog that has both HD and ED as well as the inability to process proteins correctly and immune deficiency problems. He's a handsome fellow to us. He enjoyed his birthday at the lake house swimming and chasing minnows. Now he's back to being an explorer in one of our large rock gardens.

jesse's mommy
July 1st, 2006, 05:03 PM
Happy Birthday Patch! He's such a cutie. You definitely don't post enough pictures of him here. :D

Prin
July 1st, 2006, 05:13 PM
Happy Birthday Patch!

He's a tough cookie making it through all those issues this year. :highfive:

BMDLuver
July 1st, 2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks! We try to only take photos of him when he's doing well as off times it's not always such a pretty picture.

Skryker
July 1st, 2006, 06:00 PM
That pic is definitley a keeper. What a beautiful boy.:party: Happy Birthday. Patch.!

Copper'sMom
July 1st, 2006, 07:28 PM
Happy 1st Birthday Patch!!:party: He looks great in that photo. Bless your heart for taking such great care of him. It must be so hard for you:grouphug: .
It's good to see he enjoyed his Birthday!!!

BMDLuver
July 1st, 2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks but I never find it hard... just sad sometimes that he's built and bred so wrong. He gives us so much back that you kind of forget all the rest of the stuff. He's a big boy at 120lbs now and still growing. We often joke that I get in some of the most solid Berners, healthwise and joint wise yet the one I have for myself is all built backwards. Our vet says that's why I ended up with him over all the others because we needed each other. Kind of corny but after the loss of Teddy it's kind of my way to pay back the breed and educate about where not to get one from.

cpietra16
July 1st, 2006, 09:12 PM
What a beautiful looking furball...Happy Birthday Patch:party:

glasslass
July 1st, 2006, 09:40 PM
Happy birthday Patch! He looks so happy and healthy! You'd never know he has had so many problems. I hope his first year was the hardest, and that from now on it'll be nothing but more happiness and good health.