Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help needed with BEAGLE!!!!

erykah1310
June 30th, 2006, 11:02 PM
:( Hi everyone, im looking for some help here with a cute little beagle im babysitting for the weekend. His name is Blue ( like blues clues) and he is absolutely adorable BUT................
He is used for Deer hunting, fully trained and READY TO GO!!!!!!!!!
Well guess what we have in our fields this weekend???? You bet cha! DEER!~
Now he is gung ho on going after them.
Just a bellowing and FREAKING out to start the chase.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can help this poor boy calm down??? Or is it going to be a stressfull weekend for Blue dog???? Poor guy:(

I have to admit though...... I love his bark!!!! :o Thankfully i have no neighbours LOL:D

we3beagles
July 2nd, 2006, 02:05 AM
Considering it is just for the weekend and you probably don't want to start undoing any training he has you might want to pull drapes, blinds, etc... Ya the baying sound is really great. You should hear 3 in unison - pure melody. If you are taking him for a walk you may want to get in the car and take him to a doggy park instead. They are so stubborn when they get the scent and absolutely will not listen to a word you are saying.

chico2
July 2nd, 2006, 06:26 AM
Good luck Erykah!
About baying(I had no clue Beagles did that:confused: )yesterday I heard this sound,thought a dog had been hit by a car,run out into the drive-way in terror:eek:
Guess what it was,a lady walking two"baying"Beagles:D

erykah1310
July 3rd, 2006, 01:46 PM
I just kept him in the house for most of the weekend, we took a ride to camp with the extended family and he did good, I think he must think he died and went to heaven though!!!! I brushed him and gave him a " rince down" ( he STUNK) he got to sleep with Nikita in her bed ( Mom just turned a blind eye to that hehe)
The deer has moved on ( thankfully ) and Blue dog is heading home tonite, although he might not want to go ;)

we3beagles
July 3rd, 2006, 02:51 PM
Sounds like Pet Vacation Heaven at your house. Want 3 for a week in August?:eek: (just kidding). Good thing they gave him to someone who cares enough about his little feelings to seek out advice and spend some time with him this weekend. :thumbs up

erykah1310
July 4th, 2006, 04:27 AM
He's gone home now, i kinda miss him, little cutie pie!! heres a pic of him!

we3beagles
July 4th, 2006, 10:02 AM
;) AWWWWWW! He is a cutie.

LibbyP
July 4th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Thats so funny, I think this was the weekend for beagle sitting as I am looking after two of them until Wed. You have to love the 'hounds' to truly appreciate their baying hee hee hee, the older girl here 14yrs has sooo much spunk and is very spry for an old girl, she loves to check out who has been in her backyard overnight nose to the ground mouth wide open like she's grinning, tail straight out, where the younger girl is happy just to soak up the sunshine on the deck, funny girls:D