Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Final Interview for Job waiting for callback now

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 30th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Well I completed the final interview for this job - the one that had I too do the math and typing test for the one that has like a five step intense interview process.

It was my least favorite kind of Interview a behavorial Interview -I think I answered most of the questions ok - but some I got stumped on - although I did answer them - the whole experience was kind of stressful - and now I have to wait to hear the results like wait all day... if it wasnt 32 degrees out I'd take Joey for a long walk just to get my mind off of it.

If hired though I need to go through 6 weeks of intense training - including tests - two chances to pass each test if not I fly back home....to me that could be worse than just not getting a position. Also the training is four weeks in Vancouver - so that means deciding whether too bring kids and Joey or not.....still not sure.

So they interviewed 8 people and they are hiring 3 so I have to come in at least third place to be considered. Also it is a union job so the pay is pretty good......so I am stressed now....I hate interviews - worse I hate the waiting part to find out....then I hate even more being let down.

jesse's mommy
June 30th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Woo Hoo! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :fingerscr Good Luck!!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 30th, 2006, 03:01 PM
:fingerscr thank you Jesse - anyone else want to cross their fingers for me too :fingerscr

think I need it for this one :D

technodoll
June 30th, 2006, 04:47 PM
here you go!! :fingerscr :fingerscr and crossed :pawprint: from the doggies too! :)

Frenchy
June 30th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Good luck to you,I'm sending you lots of good vibes :fingerscr

chico2
June 30th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Oh yes,good luck to you and:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 30th, 2006, 07:14 PM
well I got a call back - verdict now - undecided ???? they asked if I could wait until July 6 - for the answer. Never had that before - at least I am still in the running.

Thanks for the good vibes - keep em coming :D

Prin
June 30th, 2006, 08:58 PM
better too many calls from them than not enough...

:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

dtbmnec
June 30th, 2006, 09:56 PM
W0000T W00000T lol

:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

Hope it works out....I'm still looking for a job....I need to put more resumes out but its really really hard to find one in Hamilton (at least one that's gonna take students)

Megan

erykah1310
July 1st, 2006, 12:25 AM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr http://bestsmileys.com/signs10/1.gif
Sending you gooooooooooooooood vibes, its the summer for change!!!!
I hope everyone gets what they really deserve this year, i have started and hope so much that others can FINALLY feel as happy with thier lives as i am starting too
Once again, Im keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! Best of luck with everything

glasslass
July 1st, 2006, 11:37 PM
:pawprint: I've been on several hiring/selection committees with panel interviews. After the interviews, the committee has to score the candidates. Then the references have to be contacted. Sometimes, especially in the summertime when many are taking vacations, there's a delay reaching all the references and being able to get the committee together again to finalize selections. The fact that they're keeping in touch is a good sign. There's always a fear that a good candidate will accept another position before we're able to offer the job. Don't get discouraged as I think it's a good sign they're asking you to wait.:fingerscr :fingerscr :pawprint:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 2nd, 2006, 12:47 AM
Thanks so much for the good vibes everyone

dtbmnec good luck with your job hunt its not easy - especially the waiting and going into the interview you just dont know what to expect. :eek:

They interviewed 8 people and are hiring three - this is hubbys take he thinks that one or two maybe werent in the running - probably two did great and the rest are on the fence - I am on the fence right now - I feel - but still a contender.

If hired I go to Vancouver for 4 weeks I have made no plans at all if I do I will jinx myself I no.

Glasslass - if I had done horrible in the interview they would have told me no already right :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 2nd, 2006, 12:50 AM
Also maybe someone wont be able to go to Vancouver for training - its a lot to be away from your family for four whole weeks.

glasslass
July 2nd, 2006, 01:37 AM
Glasslass - if I had done horrible in the interview they would have told me no already right :D

If you did horrible, you probably would only receive a form letter thanking you and saying the positions had been filled. That's why I think asking if you can wait is a good sign.:fingerscr :thumbs up