Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

anti-nausea remedy for dog?

blossom's grama
January 14th, 2004, 10:43 AM
My 16 lb Jack Russell terrier gets carsick on the shortest trips. Is there anything I can give her, preferably natural, to ease her discomfort? Thanks........:confused:

daisy18216
January 14th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Did you ask her vet for any meds, or over the counter meds that's safe for dogs??

I'm not too familiar w/car sick dogs. but I would think you could ask your vet.

I'm sure someone here will have an answer for you. These people on here are very knowledgable.

Carina
January 14th, 2004, 10:48 AM
How about something like Rescue Remedy, I've heard all sorts of good things about that...ginger, too.
I guess the treatment would depend whether it's more stress & excitement causing the nausea, or just a propensity for getting an easily upset stomach, though...

cmt489
January 14th, 2004, 12:04 PM
My vet has always recommended children's gravol. Not natural but it does help.

Lucky Rescue
January 14th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Unlike with people, carsickness in dogs is often caused by anxiety or stress. Behavior modification is often quite successful.

You can see how to do this here. (http://www.pethealthcenter.org/showpracfaq.cfm?FAQID=124&Private=0)

Luba
January 14th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Ditto on the Rescue Remedy

blossom's grama
January 17th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is gravol? Is that a brand name? Is it a liquid?

mona_b
January 17th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Not ignorance at all.:)

It is sold in drug stores.It comes in liquid,pills and supositories.
It's for neausea or motion sickness.My sister,when she had her shepherd would have to give Torrie gravol when she came to visit.

mona_b
January 17th, 2004, 03:00 PM
It is a brand name also a no name product.